Boss Nikola and legendaries

Intoccabil3

I am not sure if this is the appropriate section, but what happens if I free a legendary from my computer? Does Nikola reward it or does he only do so for legendaries that you defeat in the wild instead of capturing them?

Hey Intoccabil3,

to make it short: Yes, it is possible.

A bit detailed: it is very risky as, in case you should not be able to catch it, it will be lost for ever.

Here a quote out of the PRO Wiki:

Nikola now allows you to re-summon each legendary you've released once. Bear in mind that neither he nor Community Coordinators will restore your legendary if you release it, intending to utilize the recapture as a reroll. He will only restore the legendary this way once, whether or not you manage to capture it. It is highly recommended that you do not utilize this as a reroll - this is intended for players who accidentally release their legendaries.

Do you have any further questions regarding this topic?

Regards Xylos

Staff does not give any private support in personal messages. Please use the proper forum instead.

General Support|Ban Appeals|Bug Resolution

Ok great, thanks to you both. Does he give me time to go grab a sync poke and false swiper?

Is the “risk” void if I use a masterball since it’s 100% catch rate?

Is it once for each legendary or once for all legendaries? (Guess the first one but I am not sure)

Ok great, thanks to you both. Does he give me time to go grab a sync poke and false swiper?

Is the “risk” void if I use a masterball since it’s 100% catch rate?

Is it once for each legendary or once for all legendaries? (Guess the first one but I am not sure)

The Pokémon will appear on their old location again. A Master Ball is a option, sure, but if the server crashes exactly at this time it is still lost. You can do that for any Legendary not only for one, indeed.

Further information about the Boss can be find on its Boss page in the Wiki.

~Xylos

Staff does not give any private support in personal messages. Please use the proper forum instead.

General Support|Ban Appeals|Bug Resolution

Thanks! Last question: if I lose to boss Nikola, I can wait for the cooldown and then try again without losing the legendary I am missing due to being defeated by Nikola right?

Also the post you linked says it doesn’t work if I have the caught data...