1. Voting in regards to our PvP Rules: "Do we allow Elemental Gems such as Flying Gem, Electric Gem and co. in Ranked PvP?"

Qeight

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Username: Exclusivez

Server: Gold

Season you were Top25/Screenshot of your current rating: Currently at 450 rating(many ladder finishes)

Your voting: Yes

Your reasoning: Doesn't really seem to be any reason to ban them. They are really only useable by Hawlucha at the moment. I say we allow them. If something gets introduced later on that makes them overpowered (certain pokes ECT) we can revisit gems later. For now I say they are fine and no harm to the PvP environment.

• Like 1

ex.png

ONETEAM.png

Username: hinata183

Season you were Top25/Screenshot of your current rating: last season

Your voting: Yes, allow it

Your reasoning: i see no reason to ban elemental gems in PRO. Firstly, our mechanics are based on gen7 but not exactly follow gen7’s ( we dont have gen7’s pokemons, items, baton pass + speed boost allowed , etc). So if reason to ban elemental gems because its banned in gen7, it makes no sense without any proof that it break current pvp system. Secondly, as i see only hawluchas can really take advantage from gems and still meta stay the same as before . Finally, if gems are banned, dev should also delete them cuz they are completely useless at this point.

Username: Trailblazer

Season you were Top25/Screenshot of your current rating: Top 25 ladder June

Your voting: Yes, allow them.

Your reasoning: I am not completely familiar with how gems work but reading rest of the answers it seems that only a couple of Pokémons can utilize them optimally and with the release of zapdos we have a good counter for them so I think this is a good time to allow gems to be used.

ezgif-7-343dbc236acb.png

Username: Evilprotagonist

Season you were Top25/Screenshot of your current rating: januari and currently 436 rating

Your voting: yes allow it

Reason: It's not a overpowered item by any mean and serves as a soft warmup to z-moves if you guys plan to eventually put them in. Also this gives a purpuse to gems other then legendary bird quest right now and make pve more purpose for pvp players. Also pro does not follow smogon meta because of the poke roster avalible so why follow the official gen 7 to the letter if the only reason is because it has it? We have our own meta and as long as it dosnt feels overpowered im fine with it.

Username: Glogs

Server: Silver

Seasonyou were top 25: All 3 of the mentioned seasons and the current one too.

Your voting: Allow it

Reason: There's no discussion to be had toward the power of the gems, cause in that regard they're mostly useless and although you could argue Hawlucha is strong, there's simply so many things in this meta it doesn't appreciate with the current sets available.

With that in mind the only other thing that could potentially vote in favor of a ban is the consistency of following a gen 7 style of gameplay, although there's so many things missing.

Gems aren't available in gen 7, so it would create an inconsistency by allowing the gems to be used. The question for me sort of becomes if the gems are game changing enough to say: "Well, this topic actually matters".. And I don't think it matters. If anything, I should be over the moon that Unburden was finally fixed (considering I was sitting with the best one in the game for nearly a year even though it was banned while the tournament was still running). Getting a bit of track, but if we ban gems because they're not available in gen 7, I want to see a ban on every inconsistency and why don't we start with the event moves on the Johto trio of legendaries.

I think it's fine for PRO to follow it's own path. It's not like the story is exactly the same as the original games. There are tweaks and twist here and there, usually for the better. Don't see why we can't have those in PvP too

• Like 2
Glogs_signiture.png?width=1442&height=326

Username: Black

Season you were Top25/Screenshot of your current rating: Last season and some other seasons

Your voting: Yes, allow it

Your reasoning: No need to ban it in my opinion. Gems are not really great items in general, it is just that they make certain Pokemon more fun to use. Pokemon I don't really see conquer the metagame, not now nor in the future.

Looking for a PvP focused guild? Check out Trinity in the silver server. 

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_1rsz_1rsz_shinchaaaan.jpg.dcc95698af689ebbecdbeaac727bd113.jpg

Check out the Trinity Plaza.

Username:matherfather13

Server:silver

Seasons u were top 25: most of the seasons between november 2018-april 19 either on here or on my main

Vote: yes

Reason: i dont think it will really affect the metagame so y not .

Btw isnt 50% of the eligible players kinda of a lot to ask?

Username : GDarch

Season you were Top25/Screenshot of your current rating : never finished a season at top 25 but current rating 408

Your voting: Should be banned.

Your reasoning: Everything that doesn’t follow the original games mechanics should be banned in PRO.

636B858D-B1EA-4C28-A3B2-9E2894866A23.jpeg.e046f30a67d84472e9b9f13e649d1c79.jpeg

For a game without any form of toxicity.

Ign : GDarch

Discord : GDarch#5224

spacer.png