Revamp the Suggestion section

Desumi

Revamp the Suggestion section

It's easy to get suggestions buried in the current version of the Suggestion section.

And I've seen this particular issue on a Minecraft forum I was part of before they revamped it to what I'm about to suggest.

So I thought about sharing what they did in hope that maybe PRO can benefit from a similar system.

Do note that It's a fairly simple revamp on paper, but it might require some advanced knowledge on XenForo on the other hand.

But I'm sure the staff here who operate the forums can do it if they decide to go in for improvement on the current system.

Benefits:

- The public will only see suggestions that the staff has deemed as "approved for discussion".

- Players can give feedback on the most important and helpful suggestions.

- Easier to see the accepted suggestions that were added to the game.

- Also, it reduces the number of suggestions that is currently in the suggestion section (230+ pages? That's just messy!)

- A better layout and a more functional Suggestion section.

- Very efficient

- No duplicate suggestions

- And as a side bonus, it will reduce the number of messages people can post boost their own message stats to get forum trophies (Only applies to those who might post-boost)

What will change:

Instead of having your suggestion public the second you post it, it will be going through an approve/deny process.

Do note that If it's approved, it's deemed as discussable by the staff team, but is not accepted as a suggestion.

You will also see fewer suggestions, but you will now only see the suggestions that the staff has deemed as discussable.

Accepted suggestions are more visible. So everyone knows which suggestion has been accepted, added to the game and who actually suggested them.

No more duplicate suggestions that people aren't aware of. Since there are 230+ pages of suggestions to browse through... Self-explanatory.

Disadvantages:

- Depending on how well the Staff team on PRO is, it might take longer for a suggestion to be accepted.

- Can clutter the suggestion section for staff, if they aren't active on a daily basis to deal with it.

- Longer time between new suggestions.

- Fewer suggestions to post on.

And that's about the disadvantages that I noticed when the system rolled out on the Minecraft forum.

How should the layout look like?

First of all, add an own folder for "Accepted Suggestions", which will include all the added suggestions. This will be located at the top of the section.

Then add a "Read before posting" folder beneath that, which includes the current pinned post/updated post.

And beneath that, a folder called "Archived Suggestions" (Only for denied and not approved suggestions)

Note: This will only show the suggestions from the user viewing the folder if they have any. And, not every suggestion that was denied.

Under all those folders, you have all the suggestions that have been deemed as discussable by the staff team.

In other words, these are the suggestions that are up for discussion.

How will the submission process work?

You will be able to post a suggestion as you do today, but it will be sent to a section that only staff has access too.

You will still be able to view and edit the suggestion, during the processing period.

Then a staff member will either approve it and move it to the Approved Section. OR

a staff member will leave a reply saying why it was denied and it's then moved to the archived section.

I know this is a big suggestion and a huge change forum-wise.

And I may have explained it poorly, or left some important details out.

So if you don't understand entirely what I mean, feel free to pinpoint it out and I'll explain it better.

The same goes for if you believe something is missing, please pinpoint it and I'll see what I can do.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png