Ways to obtain megastones

Donuts02

I have seen in PRO discord that staffs has not yet decided on how to obtain megastones, I am making this thread to hopefully provide some ideas to staffs on some ways they may add to the game to obtain megastones. I will try to target the main aspect of the game which is grinding aspect (MMO btw), friendly for everyone (PvP and PvE players), challenging and most importantly...NOT pay to win.

1. For the first suggestion and probably gonna be the most hated one, making wild pokemon hold pieces of the megastones. I noticed that the megastones look quite similar to a marble ball (imagine below for reference) so making it quite fragile and breaks, let there be a quest where you have to use thief,covet or any of the moves that steals items from a specific pokemon, lets use Beldum as an example, so each pokemon holds a piece of the megastones specifically for their own mega evolutions so Beldum would be holding a piece of the Metagrossite and when obtaining 5 pieces they can talk to an NPC to forge it into a full Metagrossite.

If this were to be implemented or somewhat close to this I would advice making at least an area where Beldum spawns and increasing its tier from tier 8 to tier 9 and theres also a percentage (20% - 40%) of chances of the Beldum NOT holding the Metagrossite pieces too, to make it challenging but also a sign of accomplishment when players finally manage to find 5 pieces.

25408494-marble-ball.thumb.jpg.4ddb7d5d3fb20284f4026842bfd02c5d.jpg

FOR REFERENCE

2. Last suggestion, making a quest line similar to the one in Leev Town. Leev Town has a quest line where a mega aerodactyl attacked Leev Town I was thinking maybe they can implement this for each pokemon that has a mega evolution. If the staff were to implement this to the game, I would advice making it way harder than the quest in Leev Town and a longer quest where players have to fight strong NPCs almost like a boss fight but on Easy and maybe even solve some puzzles.

NOTE: To the players, I know these 2 suggestions can seem quite overwhelming and difficult for some but I am also a normal player in PRO and these suggestions would also affect me but I would want something so meta changing and unique as the megastones to be hard to obtain rather than just clicking a few buttons and getting it, it just wouldn't feel as rewarding or special to have these metastones if it was that easy. To the staffs, I know these can be quite hard and time consuming to implement to the game because you gotta make new maps, typing more line of codes and probably do some new sprites, I completely understand, these are just some ideas and opinion of my own that could probably be useful while you guys are thinking of ways to implement different ways to obtain megastones. Thank you.

Wild pokemon holding it might not be the best idea for the common ones like pidgeot and beedrill.

I'd think the best option would either be quests (though that is more work), potential boss drops, or purchasable through pve and pvp coin shops.

Think the last one prob makes the most sense.

• Like 3

Wild pokemon holding it might not be the best idea for the common ones like pidgeot and beedrill.

I'd think the best option would either be quests (though that is more work), potential boss drops, or purchasable through pve and pvp coin shops.

Think the last one prob makes the most sense.

They could probably make it so that the Pokemon that are holding an item is rarer but not the Pokemon itself and vise versa for rarer pokemon.

Purchasable through pve and pvp coin shops wouldn’t be good as these suggestions are trying to help ALL the players, I know some players that just doesn’t do pvp nor fight bosses, they literally only hunt rare Pokemons with good ivs

I like the second one a lot way more than the first one. Non-dependant on RNG, quest-based, hard worked with high requirements (depending on each Mega Stone, the best ones would require more evo and dex data or acheivements and the worst ones would require less). Also, possible third win rewards for some bosses too would be a cool addition into them.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

Purchasable through pve and pvp coin shops wouldn’t be good as these suggestions are trying to help ALL the players, I know some players that just doesn’t do pvp nor fight bosses, they literally only hunt rare Pokemons with good ivs

By this logic your first suggestion is also bad because some people don't hunt at all....

That being said, I am +1 for being huntable pieces(suggestion 1). I think this would be a fine way of adding them to the game. Although it makes alt hunting abit aids.

Suggestion two while I think is a good idea is unrealistic, if we want a quality quest for each one they would have had to have been working on them for months. And I think I value a speedier rollout along with that cc time being spent on other projects.

Other ways of releasing could be,

spend a wq ticket to buy megastone of choice

Digs

Excavs(plz no)

Pve shop

PvP shop

Bosses rewards

Headbutts

Or a combination of ideas, so like your suggestion of braking them into pieces, and then you can only get 1 part from pve 1 part from PvP 1 part from digs ect

Edited by Allsmell
  • Like 3

A-Z Pokémon Shop Gold - Open     Shiny Shop Gold

Discord: Allsmell#8974      

By this logic your first suggestion is also bad because some people don't hunt at all....

That being said, I am +1 for being huntable pieces(suggestion 1). I think this would be a fine way of adding them to the game. Although it makes alt hunting abit aids.

Suggestion two while I think is a good idea is unrealistic, if we want a quality quest for each one they would have had to have been working on them for months. And I think I value a speedier rollout along with that cc time being spent on other projects.

Other ways of releasing could be,

spend a wq ticket to buy megastone of choice

Digs

Excavs(plz no)

Pve shop

PvP shop

Bosses rewards

Headbutts

Or a combination of ideas, so like your suggestion of braking them into pieces, and then you can only get 1 part from pve 1 part from PvP 1 part from digs ect

I'd be fine with excavations (or any of those others) but plz god no on the world quest... that thing is beyond a NIGHTMARE for those of us who have perpetual trash luck

• Like 1

The wild held-item one, I wouldn't upvote for it since if new players doing the story might get a stone and it would ruin the fun of grinding through the story since megas are a bit stronger.

Quests are how most of the new content is introduced so I wouldn't really mind if this gets added. But I do wonder how it would work though. Since there are a lot of mega stones, they can't make a quest for each of them (?)

Also if all of them (or multiple ones) are given out as rewards of a single quest, that doesn't sound proper too imo.

So a quest is a nice way of adding them but maybe they should think of a creative and fun one.

What I wanted to suggest was:

1. Simply adding them to the PvP and PvE shop, make them untradeable and put a cooldown of some days (So that one can buy one stone at a time)

2. A boss - a. We choose the mega stone we want out of the options it shows.

b. We challenge him and if we win we get a stone.

c. Of course requirements should be there. A requirement would be to have the Pokemon we want to mega evolve in the team to challange the boss (Like the old Sinnoh quest)

_

unknown12.png

No amount of money ever bought a second of time

They could do random boss battles, kind of like WQ or outbreaks. For example randomly a boss appears with a Mega Beedrill. If you are able to beat him you either get a piece of the stone for Mega Beedrill or the entire mega stone. Easy = 1 piece / Medium = 2 Pieces / Hard = Entire Stone. They could also make it, that it isn't a sure drop like Ice Stones.

Also add requirements for these boss battles, like OT only pokemon are allowed. That way you could emulate the bond between trainer and pokemon for gaining mega evolution.

There are plenty of ways this could be implemented. :)

Tbh, I don't want Mega Evolutions though, at least not now. I rather have every move coded and the new Battle UI.