Recognition

Nab

Not sure if I am the only one but I think a better recognition system for people who make the PRO community a better place is needed. For example, people like GioAlv1 and Shadow2054 who spend most of their time helping people in help chat. Friendly people like Zeldawoot who spend their time in All chat making it a lively place to chat about anything and everything (under chat rules ofc.) What I suggest is a monthly (?) voting system similar to the PRO player awards. Players who make the community a better place get a variety of rewards ranging from pokemon to exclusive stuff like in-game nifty lil badges next to their names. And the annual PRO player awards could be a conclusion of these monthly events! I personally think these players deserve better recognition and would love to see this implemented. Feel free to share your opinions below! Have a good day! :RowletHeart:

Sincerely,

ChiiCe242

• Like 4

NABFINAL.gif.c9515b1a0e3cab7447d68b179fdfed87.gif

• Developer

Theoretically, I am not totally against it. I don't like the suggestion as it is but I like the core idea.

But practically, users would only vote their friends/guildies, especially when there's something to win and not the users that actually helped.

• Like 4

But practically, users would only vote their friends/guildies, especially when there's something to win and not the users that actually helped.

I agree with you on this. What if the rewards was not anything significant but a cute little badge beside their name as players of the top 3 guilds do?

It's like you agreed with him and then totally ignored what he said. :ChikoritaWTF:

I did not. Having a little badge beside your name does not affect the economy of PRO in anyway as a pokemon reward would do. It is an almost insignificant reward but allows the people who won it to feel good about themselves. Of course there will be those that vote for their friends and guildies, but that happens in any voting system.

How about having a system where players can plus one a player ig maybe a little bubble with the a +1 and players can click it right next to battle then a little pm window pops up and you have to write a little summary and then instead of having the system be voted on by the community have a system in place where players who for instance are on the same friends list are worth less points lets say then players who the system recognizes are not on the same friends list/guild roster. Then the most important thing is make a cool-down for players so they cant plus 1 more than a handful of players in allotted period of time lets say a week or month and make it so if a player has plus one someone they cant do so again for the rest of the year/month depending on what EATY thinks the time period should be for giving out some sort of prizes or whatever. However I also feel that from meeting some of these players I know they aren't in it for a cc or ms or whatever prize you think would be nice to give to them instead they do it for the love of the game and I think rather giving them prizes just the recognition from the game that this will bring for those players will mean a lot more than a coin capsule or a bms will, so for that reason I agree that I think its rather silly to give out a prize for said things and may even muddy the water from the whole purpose of players being spotlighted for their amazing value they bring to the game.

Edited by FrostyjoeReborn

Agree with the concept but definitely not the monthly voting. I think potentially opening up the contributor role for active contributors in game could be an option.

If you YouTube, you contribute. If you stream, you contribute. If you wiki, you contribute. If you dmod, you contribute. I don't see how always being active in help chat assisting players wouldn't also be seen as a contribution.

I'm not sure how this would work for someone who "keeps all chat alive" as this is purely social and so less of a contribution in my eyes. But each day that goes past where I don't have to see *Drama Flexes <Steelix>* in all chat is a good one.

• Like 2

• Developer

I am not too much of a fan if there are rewards involved generally as I can only see this ending in a drama.

But I wouldn't be against a similar "voting" system as in league of legends for PRO. We could give users the option to give every player a vote out of a few options.

"Helpful player", "Fun to play with" and "Great PvP player" could be potential options. Every option could have an icon. The icons and vote counts could be displayed in the trainer card.

Not really sure about it overall but that's maybe an option for the future.

• Like 7