Can't proceed in Hoenn story because I can't battle the Mauville City Gym Leader

Backiii

Dear Staff,

I am currently doing the 2nd story run for my 4th account (IGN: Backiii4). I ended up being in Hoenn in the Mauville City Gym at which I ran into a problem related to getting the right combination to be able to battle the gym leader. I can only access one of the combination-changing pillars, though I am not able to access the other ones and thus stuck in this gym. I will show you now what it looks like in screenshots I took.

1596237838798.thumb.png.7a630b343b5fefdc51bab38091790389.png

1596237855813.thumb.png.ea9314e798a44111efea7c19855221b8.png

As you can see I am only able to access one of these combination-changing pillars. I already tried to restart the client and left and re-entered the building many times but it all didn't work.

Though I might know why I have this issue. I'll try to explain it as good as I can:

When I created my 4th account I did the 1st story run on GOLD and after I finished all regions I transfered the data acquired on GOLD (with all regions) to SILVER. My SILVER data (with no regions completed) then got transfered to GOLD and I started doing the story run there again. While doing the story then on GOLD AGAIN I wondered why I didn't have to battle some trainers that you weren't able to skip. I think that the data I acquired on the 1st story run on GOLD is still bound to the GOLD server and this is why I am now stuck in this gym.

This is my own theory, I don't know if this could possibly be true or if it is just complete nonsense.

I am really looking forward to hearing from you soon.

1596237796805.thumb.png.16ea338e6a69c969eac9e106691b9eed.png

Edited by Backiii

I recently brought this up in the PRO Official Discord as I was taking pictures for this part to do the Walkthrough guide in the future. The issue with the gym is that sometimes the switches do not trigger properly, sometimes you need to press them twice. Sometimes they also substitute the wrong barriers and they replace multiple ones at the same time. In theory, after you defeat him, there is a bug (a user had this bug recently and he had to get help in froums too) where the first barrier is sometimes not deactivated by the first trainer. I am guessing the issue is either the first switch, the trainer or the switches themselves.

Try to talk to the trainer and the switch multiple times until a barrier is disabled. If it does not work, wait until a Staff member can answer you, as the only thing I can do is give you that answer and give you the correct barrier spreadsheet so you can try and check if it's right. I don't understand when the switches work properly or not, so I'd love to read a Staff response, I'm curious about it.

hoennmauville.png.140956161c3bfdca42e17f33dcfd20fd.png

Theoretical order in which you have to press the barriers.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

I have tried to talk to the trainer and the switch multiple times now, but unfortunately it didn't work. I'll link a video here so you can get a better visualization from what is actually going on. I also want to mention that I was not able to battle the trainer, this might be because I already did the story run once on gold (as I mentioned above).

Here is the link to the video:

You can clearly see that there is no way for me to go anywhere further into the gym. The theoretical order is not possible to achieve, because the 1st switch is adjusting in a position which does not matter in the first steps of the theoretical order.

• Like 1

Dear Staff,

I am currently doing the 2nd story run for my 4th account (IGN: Backiii4). I ended up being in Hoenn in the Mauville City Gym at which I ran into a problem related to getting the right combination to be able to battle the gym leader. I can only access one of the combination-changing pillars, though I am not able to access the other ones and thus stuck in this gym. I will show you now what it looks like in screenshots I took.

[ATTACH type=full" alt="165413]165413[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH type=full" alt="165414]165414[/ATTACH]

As you can see I am only able to access one of these combination-changing pillars. I already tried to restart the client and left and re-entered the building many times but it all didn't work.

Though I might know why I have this issue. I'll try to explain it as good as I can:

When I created my 4th account I did the 1st story run on GOLD and after I finished all regions I transfered the data acquired on GOLD (with all regions) to SILVER. My SILVER data (with no regions completed) then got transfered to GOLD and I started doing the story run there again. While doing the story then on GOLD AGAIN I wondered why I didn't have to battle some trainers that you weren't able to skip. I think that the data I acquired on the 1st story run on GOLD is still bound to the GOLD server and this is why I am now stuck in this gym.

This is my own theory, I don't know if this could possibly be true or if it is just complete nonsense.

I am really looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Hi, @Backiii.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

Can you check one more time, if your problem still exists?

I'll be waiting for your reply.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards, HappyMango.

alolan_vulpix.gif.6493925bd73b0cb6a46055fa371f4532.gif

snowflake.png.dea8b39bda0c90ff868a9da70f237450.png General Support | General Complaint Area | PRO Rules snowflake.png.dea8b39bda0c90ff868a9da70f237450.png

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Respect is one of the greatest expressions of love

Unfortunately, the problem is still existing. It's the same situation as in the screenshots above.

I just want to point out again that this problem is existing on Backiii4 (4th account of mine).

Edited by Backiii

I tried going into the gym and disabling the electro barriers everyday without any success, but today the trainer circled in the screenshot down below suddenly wanted to fight me and he disabled the first electro-barriers. But as you can see in the video above he clearly didn't want to fight me earlier. I have no clue why he wanted to battle me now and following I could defeat the gym leader. I can go on with the Hoenn story.

1596620844508.thumb.png.09603a0d8499557f98d2e1157bce80c0.png

It's just all weird I have no clue why he wanted to battle me this time. You can clearly see in the video above that he didn't want to battle me. I already thought I am going crazy :PikaLurk:

Got the badge now:

1596621112895.png.8079e10cbc3b248c3f96ef8c75def016.png

This thread can be closed down now.

I tried going into the gym and disabling the electro barriers everyday without any success, but today the trainer circled in the screenshot down below suddenly wanted to fight me and he disabled the first electro-barriers. But as you can see in the video above he clearly didn't want to fight me earlier. I have no clue why he wanted to battle me now and following I could defeat the gym leader. I can go on with the Hoenn story.

[ATTACH type=full" alt="166411]166411[/ATTACH]

It's just all weird I have no clue why he wanted to battle me this time. You can clearly see in the video above that he didn't want to battle me. I already thought I am going crazy :PikaLurk:

Got the badge now:

[ATTACH type=full" alt="166412]166412[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH type=full" alt="166411]166411[/ATTACH]

Got the badge now:

[ATTACH type=full" alt="166412]166412[/ATTACH]

Oh nice, you already checked that it was solved.

Sorry for the late reply, I had to wait until the corresponding staff team to give me an answer that they fixed the problem :)

As your problem being solved, I'll now be closing the thread.

I hope you have fun playing the game.

Have a nice day :)

alolan_vulpix.gif.6493925bd73b0cb6a46055fa371f4532.gif

snowflake.png.dea8b39bda0c90ff868a9da70f237450.png General Support | General Complaint Area | PRO Rules snowflake.png.dea8b39bda0c90ff868a9da70f237450.png

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Respect is one of the greatest expressions of love