Fly and other HM use

Vegeta

I mean, it may end up being a membership only feature that you have to be a member to fly, and it still uses ingame currency. idk, it's something to discuss still.

Thanks for the post :)

dweiRlA.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Quakkz

This game has nothing to do with p2w

The membership benefits are just nice things to have, they don't change the landscape for a f2p and member

Fly would be a nice thing to have, but it doesn't make you any better than someone who doesn't have it

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX50HvhXx182ANOBZ-jCYoEu1oiOOg5-X9zjXvybOhmoji1V72

@Quakkz

This game has nothing to do with p2w

The membership benefits are just nice things to have, they don't change the landscape for a f2p and member

Fly would be a nice thing to have, but it doesn't make you any better than someone who doesn't have it

nope, the addition of all the small "features" make it that way, also 50% more cashincome isnt just a nice thing to have

@Quakkz

p2w is paying $11 for a token store Pokémon...reference to a former game that some people used to play

This game is so far from p2w compared to other games

To your point, some things are more than a "nice to have" but you need some incentive to become a member

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX50HvhXx182ANOBZ-jCYoEu1oiOOg5-X9zjXvybOhmoji1V72

The problem with fly is that people would effectively be being given free, unlimited travel. The people clamboring to cling on to handheld based experiences seem to forget that this is not a handheld game, this is an MMO. many MMO games charge for long distsnce travel. MMOs also charge for expansions. I have played many f2p subscription optional MMOs to know how they will be successful, and enough MMOs to know how most pokemon mechanics work and translate into an MMO setting.

This is why shortly our pokemon centers are being redesigned to incorporate a subway system so people can travel from center to center. This will obviously incur a small cost, nothing major like 1.5-2k per travel. Obviously in this respect you will need the badge from that one or the next town (in the case of lavender town) however with that and escape ropes will provide sufficient travelling cover for travel.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

@Quakkz

p2w is paying $11 for a token store Pokémon...reference to a former game that some people used to play

To your point, some things are more than a "nice to have" but you need some incentive to become a member

PRO may be "so far from p2w compared to other games" but that doesn't mean making fly only available for those with an MS does not make it p2w still.

I'm just thinking, those with the MS able to fly around and make trades within seconds, vs all those without MS having to spend a lot of time (not to mention $$ if they have to hop a train or something) to do their trading...that would give the former too great an advantage. all the money and time (time = money) they save, they'll be able to afford the best comps, therefore have an advantage in tourneys and everything..

I gotta agree with Quakkz, I feel like fly being MS only is p2w- and I'm able to get the MS and will probably get it. I don't think it'd be fair to those who can't. :(

@Quakkz

PRO may be "so far from p2w compared to other games" but that doesn't mean making fly only available for those with an MS does not make it p2w still.

I'm just thinking, those with the MS able to fly around and make trades within seconds, vs all those without MS having to spend a lot of time (not to mention $$ if they have to hop a train or something) to do their trading...that would give the former too great an advantage. all the money and time (time = money) they save, they'll be able to afford the best comps, therefore have an advantage in tourneys and everything..

I gotta agree with Quakkz, I feel like fly being MS only is p2w- and I'm able to get the MS and will probably get it. I don't think it'd be fair to those who can't. :(

Fly isn't totally decided yet so we still don't know whether it will be a MS thing or not but as @Arnie said there will be subway station linking from one Pokemon center to another with small cost, so I think this is fair for everyone in a MMO setup.

Fly isn't totally decided yet so we still don't know whether it will be a MS thing or not but as @Arnie said there will be subway station linking from one Pokemon center to another with small cost, so I think this is fair for everyone in a MMO setup.

Arnie posted while I was writing my post and I didn't see it until after.. and you can't edit your posts apparently u_u

what he said is a good idea I think

but you can't "like" posts either. *sigh*