Delayed Evolution Purpose

Applepie

I was wondering why there are tons of people delayed their pokemon from being evolved, some evolve their poke at level 99 or sth. After i asked some people why did they do that, most of them answered that it will be easier for poke to level up. Then i googled it, and it says that you WON'T BE ABLE to level up delayed evolution poke faster, since it has the same base exp. People often delayed their poke from evolution because they wanted to learn certain moves earlier, but nothing to do with levelling up faster.

So could someone explain this? All of the answers will be appreciated. [/align]

114261 I was wondering why there are tons of people delayed their pokemon from being evolved, some evolve their poke at level 99 or sth. After i asked some people why did they do that, most of them answered that it will be easier for poke to level up. Then i googled it, and it says that you WON'T BE ABLE to level up delayed evolution poke faster, since it has the same base exp. People often delayed their poke from evolution because they wanted to learn certain moves earlier, but nothing to do with levelling up faster.

Because certain pokemon can learn certain moves. Good examples of this are Vileploom with Moonlight and Poliwhirl and Wake Up Slap. Both moves can only be learned by their previous evolution.

That, and evolved pokemon require more EXP to level up as opposed to their un-evolved forms.

114261 I was wondering why there are tons of people delayed their pokemon from being evolved, some evolve their poke at level 99 or sth. After i asked some people why did they do that, most of them answered that it will be easier for poke to level up. Then i googled it, and it says that you WON'T BE ABLE to level up delayed evolution poke faster, since it has the same base exp. People often delayed their poke from evolution because they wanted to learn certain moves earlier, but nothing to do with levelling up faster.

WON'T BE ABLE - that's make me laugh :Smile: who said it, what page?

You can check it

https://pokemondb.net/pokedex/bulbasaur Base EXP is 64

https://pokemondb.net/pokedex/ivysaur Base EXP 141

Hence, you can see it not the same base exp :Grin: Also the reason for delayed evolution is learning moves as some pokemon have different move pool when evolution.

Leveled my gastly from 16-98 just by doing the storyline from Lavender to E4. Though E4 gives no exp lol. So by the time my gastly beat Giovanni at the 8th Gym it was 98. If i had evolved to haunter or even trade evolved to gengar it would have taken much longer and I could have possible been much lower in level up to 10 levels lower if I had evolved. If you are patient and don't mind taking the extra time to level up your pokemon in the first basic stage then do so.

114278 I think I misunderstood about the base exp, but these are references emphasizing that delayed evolution poke wont level up faster.

quotted from yahoo answers

Don't trust yahoo, the fact why mail yahoo cannot use to registration on some systems :Shocked:

The wikipedia is more reliable and valid than yahoo answer. But wikipedia cannot use in academic :Crazy: lol

Nice question, when i started i was with this same doubt.

114278 I think I misunderstood about the base exp, but these are references emphasizing that delayed evolution poke wont level up faster.

quotted from yahoo answers

I guess the exp mean was, if u defeat the same pokemon, no matter if its evolved or not, u will get exactly the same exp, but while ur evolved form needs for example, 9.000 exp to the next level, ur not-evolved form would need only 4.000 exp.

MeeEew mEeeEew - since 2016 - my Discord: Thata Hurtado#5952 (customers only)

Forum: Xlegendary | IGN: RocketThata

My SHOP: [visit here]

My EV services: [click here]

Thanks for all of the answers so far, but i still have a little doubt about it. If you think that yahoo answers are not quite reliable, than this is taken from pokemon comparison exp calculator, and the result is the same. Delayed evolution poke wont make level up faster.

quotted from pokemon.pikasaur.com

BULBASAUR

"How Much Exp Do I Need?

Starting Level

Desired Level

Bulbasaur's growth rate is Medium Slow. It will take 1059860 exp for Bulbasaur to get from level 1 to level 100."

VENUSAUR

"How Much Exp Do I Need?

Starting Level

Desired Level

Venusaur's growth rate is Medium Slow. It will take 1059860 exp for Venusaur to get from level 1 to level 100."

Logically, when you evolve ivysaur to venusaur at level 32, and if the amount of exp needed is lesser when you unevolved the bulbasaur, then it won't give the same result as above.

Getting Confused here :confused: