Delayed Evolution Purpose

Applepie

114278 I think I misunderstood about the base exp, but these are references emphasizing that delayed evolution poke wont level up faster.

quotted from yahoo answers

really,yahoo answer? hahaha xDDD

Yeah you might understimate the source i have attached, but i think you should read the whole conversation here from the beginning and see if the source that i have used contains true informastion.

Since this mechanic has been applied for a long time, and there's already so much people that has level 100 pokes, changing the game mechanic would lead to injustice for the rest of players which don't have high level pokes, because it would be really hard for them to grind a poke until 100, while others used to train it not as hard as them.

Changing the "exp required" mechanic, without changing the "exp received" mechanic, would actually make it way too easy to level up. Under current PRO system, you can get 50k-100k exp easily. The highest exp required in official games is 1,250,000. It would take only 15-20 battles at most to level up a Pokemon from lv2 to lv100, even with evolution involved.

If anything, the injustice is on those who already has lv100 pokes.

So if "exp required" mechanic is being changed, the "exp received" mechanic has to be changed too to compensate/balance it.

......that's assuming they want to think about how to fix this anyway. They might think it's better to leave this as it is, if they think this is too much of a mess to fix.

The simplest way to "fix" it would just to normalise the variable used to determine XP requirement for each evolutionary line. So for the bulbasaur line it's 64, 146, 208 for each evolution, so just make it 146 for all of them. That's a nice middle ground between keeping it unevolved and being able to powerlevel it easily and fully evolving it and it taking forever.

The biggest problem this has is it would increase the xp requirement at early levels by a lot, so something would need to be done to either the XP curve or the XP yield calculation to account for it. Apart from that it should work pretty well because there are plenty of pokemon that don't evolve and have xp yield values around the 100-150 range.

It would also be a good time to update base xp yields to the post gen 4 values. I see no reason to have pokemon in the same game use values from different scales from different generations. Gen 5 did a good job of cleaning up xp yield so they are appropriate for the power of the wild pokemon, so you don't get situations where killing a krabby gives nearly twice as much XP as other unevolved pokemon.