Delayed Evolution Purpose

Applepie

From my experience, I was leveling my dratini to 99 and it required 1.2million exp. Then i click the yes evolved button while it was there after level up to 98 then it changed to 5.1million xp to next level. Good thing server crashed and it rolled back to dratini with 1.2m for next level.

Btw, it's easier to xp your unevolved pokemon lvl 70+ in victory road 3f if you want to try and see it.

Migrating to blue server ^^,

115057 The server may have added an incentive for leveling unevolved pokemon

but it's never, not once, ever been a part of the pokemon series.

PERSONALLY CONFIRMED:

Sacrificed a low IV Growlithe and it nearly TRIPLED the amount of required exp from level 6. It also manipulated the base exp value of the Growlithe.

What i said, and by the way, i have been playing Pokemon fire red this week and have to say that my blastoise needs a lot of more exp than my squirtle, so idk about new generations but in that one it is like PRO.

114261 I was wondering why there are tons of people delayed their pokemon from being evolved, some evolve their poke at level 99 or sth. After i asked some people why did they do that, most of them answered that it will be easier for poke to level up. Then i googled it, and it says that you WON'T BE ABLE to level up delayed evolution poke faster, since it has the same base exp. People often delayed their poke from evolution because they wanted to learn certain moves earlier, but nothing to do with levelling up faster.

So could someone explain this? All of the answers will be appreciated. [/align]

Well, how to put that...?

Let's take an example:

A lvl 50~ pika will need about 30K xp to lvl up. (which takes about 2mins in seafom b4f)

A lvl 50~ raichu will need about 60k xp to lvl up. ((which takes about 5mins in seafom b4f)

Another example with squirtle and blastoise.

A lvl 80~ squirtle will need about 80K xp to lvl up. (which takes about 5mins in seafom b4f)

A lvl 80~ blastoise will need about 250K xp to lvl up. (which takes about 15mins in seafom b4f)

So, yes, it is better to keep pokemon from evolving so they require a lesser amount of xp to lvl up!

116309 Hey guys, you're all talking about hindering the evolution of the pokes. But I'm wondering what are the cons of not evolving the pokemon in time?

Some people say if you evolve your pokemon later they'll have less good stats. I didn't notice that at all (my gengar has about 300 sp and spatk) so I don't think there's any cons if you choose to do it.

116309 Hey guys, you're all talking about hindering the evolution of the pokes. But I'm wondering what are the cons of not evolving the pokemon in time?

There aren't cons, the one that I think could be is that if the evolution learns a move by lvl that the preevo doesn't learn, you have to use a relearner move tutor to learn it (and pay 2k for it)