Darkrai quest - clone pokemon

Xytreh

Hi!

I'm pretty sure I died only 4 times and I received this obraz.png.d8634c9ed4460bc13f982410186399c5.png. That doesn't look like a clone to me at all 😜

"To hurt others is part of being human but...
Sometimes we hurt people so much
That there is no way to fix their soul...
And we lose them
Forever."

Umm, well... I did whole quest last year but I've never received the clone. I didn't even know back then that there was such possibility. That's why I gave it a shot this year but now you tell me it was all in vain?

And we lose them
Forever."

Hello @Xytreh

To clarify what Norex has already said, you can only get the clone starter on your first run of the Dark Realm. Any additional playthrough of the Dark Realm quest, either from a re-do due to forfeiting or a replay will not reward a clone starter, despite not blacking out or fainting 5 or more times.

I hope that cleared up any doubts you had. Please let me know if you want to know anything else.

Yeah but that's a little bit unfair. I did the whole quest last year before any video came out. I couldn't know that I'm going to receive something when I make it out with less than 5 deaths and so I did not receive the clone last year. Why is it so, that I made it this time without dying and yet I did not receive the clone aswell?

Of course, it would be a different story if I got my clone last year, but now?

And we lose them
Forever."

Hi @Xytreh

I understand it can be frustrating for you, but unfortunately this is the way the quest was intended to be. 
In the event that you blacked out in the Dark Realm, there is a dialogue that informs you to not black out 5 or more times. 

Spoiler

2.png.d9e9bc65de12a3d1ab3c5474f98c33d9.png

It was made this way because the Dark Realm quest is a dungeon-crawler type quest which rewards exploration and the curiosity of players. There are various TMs and items that can help the player's Pokemon in battle. Rather than players having to follow a specific path to progress, players were given multiple options instead to level up and power up their team.

Once again I'm sorry to bring you the bad news. I hope you understand our reasoning.

I will be locking this thread now. If you have any further issues or concerns, feel free to make a new one.

Thank you for your patience and have a lovely day!

• Maisa locked this topic