Battle scene should be improved

Kanmuruu

Notes about battles:

The battle style is the real-game version of "Set" and has been confirmed it will not be changed in the interest of being more challenging than the original game.

The game is still pretty young, the main plans in early game are usually to build up the content, get everything working, then move onto quality of life updates. Remember that if it functions fine, changing it could break it. Though a lot of people have asked for a battle screen rework, without a lot of time and effort sunk into it, there can't be any "quick fixes" to things, so it has to be done well and correctly, especially with something as core as battles.

Remember that quality of life updates such as colour changing health bars and such will never be high on a priority list, since they are "well, this would be nice, but I could live without it and it wouldn't impact my life" type of thing.

If you have a solid suggestion, it's best to go into depth with it, explain how things would work, how they could be improved and what flaws your idea might have, build upon foundations as it brings it across as you've actually thought about it and considered it, instead of just briefly "wanting something to happen so I'll ask".

mRVvDj5.png

Feel free to join our IRC Chat

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with Kebren. I now open up a window on my poketeam, then throw a pokeball. If the window closes, i know I caught the pokemon. The battle doesn't sync with any of the information outside the battle window: xp goes up right when I click the action instead of when it actually happens; pokemon appears fainted in roster before your pokemon actually faints; if you have an empty slot, caught pokemon appears there before the ball animation ends; on a full roster, if you have a status window open, it will close when a pokemon is caught, even before the animation stops.

These little things aren't bad, but will greatly improve the finished product and make it more polished.

123699 i agree with Kebren. I now open up a window on my poketeam, then throw a pokeball. If the window closes, i know I caught the pokemon. The battle doesn't sync with any of the information outside the battle window: xp goes up right when I click the action instead of when it actually happens; pokemon appears fainted in roster before your pokemon actually faints; if you have an empty slot, caught pokemon appears there before the ball animation ends; on a full roster, if you have a status window open, it will close when a pokemon is caught, even before the animation stops.

These little things aren't bad, but will greatly improve the finished product and make it more polished.

Yah that's how I know when I am going to win. when I see the xp bar go up, haha.

2i0b0oi.gif

[glow=red]Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both; For a wounded man shall say to his assailant... "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you." Such is the rule of honor.[/glow]