[Tool] PROkedex (because Reborn is down) - UPDATED to 1.0.4b

Kary0plasma

Hey,

since Reborn bot is sadly MIA, I made a quick and dirty GUI to present the data of the spawn dumps from the PRO website (https://pokemonrevolution.net/spawns/). If you want to update the spawns to the newest version, download the JSON dumps and drop them into the resource folder. The ones that are packaged are from sometime yesterday, so that shouldn't be necessary.

A halfway to passable repel trick filter is also available, but it currently doesn't understand multi-repel spawns (such as Pinsir/Scyther in Safari Area 1) but hey, my QA was me using it for about 2 hours and it always did what I wanted it to, so there's that. Expectations exceeded.

With 1.0.3, I added a feature that suggests a farming route for a pokemon. It's entirely based on my data collection (50k encounters roughly) so not sure how useful it is. But try it out, it might be a useful feature!

With 1.0.3b, I added a list of all routes with spawns in them to /resources/routeList.txt! This list will be used to check whether the route is accessible. You can comment out routes by leading the line with a semicolon (;). I banned most of the event ones and Guild Island. Customize as needed!

Requirements:

-Java RE (any above 6 should be fine, so if you downloaded it in the past 10 years, you're good)

Uses:

-JSON Simple library (packaged into the jar)

-Spawn dumps from the PRO website.

Quick release link:

https://github.com/Karyoplasma/PROkedex/releases/tag/1.0.4b

Spoiler

Change log (I'll skip the versions up to 1.0.4 because I cannot be bothered and I honestly cannot even remember):

1.0.4b:

- Fixed pretty significant bug in the predictor. It considered surf spawns when predicting land spawns.

- Fixed Routes showing up multiple times in the prediction.

1.0.4:

- Spawn prediction now considers time of day. This was mainly problematic for maps like Love Island that have spawns that vary a lot with time cycles. For example, the tool didn't tell you to hunt Dratini at Love Island which is the best spawn by quite a margin

- Fixed some other bugs with spawn prediction

- Updated the spawn dump files since they are now being maintained anymore. Thanks for that, PRO staff 🙂

- Banned a few more routes (I remember Vulcan Cave not being flagged as inaccessible, there were more tho)

If you really want to take a look at messy, uncommented and overly complicated code, be my guest here: https://github.com/Karyoplasma/PROkedex

Let's hope Reborn is back soon and enjoy in the meantime,

Kary0plasma

Edited by Kary0plasma
Updated to 1.0.4b
  • Like 1

Cool project man! Unfortunately it seems like the dumps are being updated much anymore. =/

While it was being updated, I also worked on a similar thing through my guild's app: https://nomercyapp.glideapp.io/

Once you add your username and discord, you can access the "PRO Information" tab from the top left. 

It would actually be really cool if the developers released more dumps like for items, pokemon, etc, so we could continue to build on our creations.

Edited by teerav
E6W75Tu.png

Oh wow, I just now realized that the spawn dumps weren't updated since March 2020 lol

I guess most of it is still correct, but I agree that it's a bit inconsiderate by the devs to not update it. You can search for items btw, the data files include item spawns on pokemon.

+ Cleaned up the code at least a little bit.

+ Added option to search for items on wild spawns.

+ Added automatic correction for Pokemon names and correction suggestions for areas and items based on Levenshtein distance.

- Deleted the unused DumpFileDownloader, since spawns aren't as updated as I thought.

https://github.com/Karyoplasma/PROkedex/releases/tag/1.0.1

Pretty sure public api and information is low on their priority list. If not, that is what I understood the last time I asked about it. I also realized my "PRO Information" tab was hidden to public on my site! Should be available now.

I love that you've added a repel check. 

E6W75Tu.png

Thanks for the kind words!

I tried to make it as close to the discord bot as possible since I direly miss it. Repel is kinda bugged atm because it doesn't recognize multi-repel spawns such as Larvitar/Pupitar in Expert Belt Room. Not sure if I even want to fix that since multi-repel spots are meh imo with the exception of day time limited multi repels (like on Love Island) and that logic works.

---------------------------------------------------

Update 1.0.2:

+ Tweaked the area and item suggestion logic a bit

+ Added quick selection of the item/area from the list by typing their respective #

+ Made the "Enter" key press the search button if the window has focus

https://github.com/Karyoplasma/PROkedex/releases/tag/1.0.2

Edited by Kary0plasma

• Kary0plasma changed the title to [Tool] PROkedex (because Reborn is down) - UPDATED to 1.0.3 (Spawn chance prediction)

1.0.3 UPDATE:

https://github.com/Karyoplasma/PROkedex/releases/tag/1.0.3b

New feature:

Spawn Chance prediction for target pokemon! It is entirely based on my limited data collection (roughly 50k encounters) and an idea how spawn chances might work in PRO. It is, however, pretty accurate for most of my past hunting data. I hunted x-mas Axew during Christmas event and the predictor managed to get really close to the actual distribution of the ~14k encounters I had in Crystal Caverns. Hype? Maybe. Maybe not. It's just something I found interesting to pass my time.

The file routeList.txt in the resources folder is used to hide routes that are inaccessible at the moment. Customize it to your liking by commenting out inaccessible routes with a semicolon (;).

Edited by Kary0plasma

This a really nice tool especially the chance prediction feature. Maybe for a future update add an option to hide maps that are inaccessible right now i.e. event maps, to be released maps, etc. and also maybe add an option to see the chance prediction for a selected map's specific pokemon or selected pokemon's specific map

thanks for your work : D

Edited by Lolking780

1 hour ago, Lolking780 said:

This a really nice tool especially the chance prediction feature. Maybe for a future update add an option to hide maps that are inaccessible right now i.e. event maps, to be released maps, etc. and also maybe add an option to see the chance prediction for a selected map's specific pokemon or selected pokemon's specific map

thanks for your work : D

I actually do hide some of the maps like guild island (at least for the prediction). The list is just not extensive and based on what annoyed me in testing. I should maybe use an .ini to set banned routes so users can ban/enable maps themselves.

You know what, I'm gonna do that later and update the version. You have a good point here.

EDIT: Done. 1.0.3b up.

Edited by Kary0plasma

• Kary0plasma changed the title to [Tool] PROkedex (because Reborn is down) - UPDATED to 1.0.4b
  • 2 years later...

Hiya, how did you calculate the encounter chance? And also the current data dump has rarity as "common, uncommon...etc." where as your data has a specific number for the tier. Did they change it recently?