Update announcements

Cryo23

Could there possibly be a update bar in-game that could notify players when a newer game versions is available?

I thought it might be quicker than having to try to login, not work, exit and reopen and have the same thing happen again.

i agree, only once have i seen on the left side of the client to download a new client ;p would be nice of them to tell the newer players to download the client again so they dont flood the forums about it

ayylmao

I agree with you.

I know that not everyone in here uses Twitter, so most people should miss the new client by default only from that. The fact that not everyone uses Discord or Kiwii also, it pretty much just doubles the situation. It'd be pretty much genius if there was anything saying that your client is outdated/up-to-date.

121786 Could there possibly be a update bar in-game that could notify players when a newer game versions is available?

I thought it might be quicker than having to try to login, not work, exit and reopen and have the same thing happen again.

I totally agree.

From 2015: I'm still here

121858 It could be better if we don't have to redownload all the client every update (maybe adding an updater ?)

Althought that would be ideal, I don't think they have the money nor the resources at the moment (from what I've gathered at least).

Maybe if there were instead of massive re downloads, possibly update packets where you just drag and drop into the pre existing data folder and it would replace the old data with the new data

But on a side note, It's good too see other agree, hopefully soon an administrator will look over this :)

An updater was implemented in the past, altho it was removed due to some bugs with it. It might be re-implemented in the future but its not within our plans at the moment. However, if a new client is necessary, it will be announced via ingame announcement feature.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

122802 An updater was implemented in the past, altho it was removed due to some bugs with it. It might be re-implemented in the future but its not within our plans at the moment. However, if a new client is necessary, it will be announced via ingame announcement feature.

Ah right, they used to tell you if they have a new updates of client coming