That random spike of difficulty in Johto.

Darrare

The guy in the basement in Goldenrod was just insane compared to anything else so far (including the gym leader right after).

Once you get to Morty in the 4th gym, his difficulty level is MUCH higher than his trainers in his gym (I understand its supposed to be this way, but that was a bit too much even though I defeated him in 1 go)

*On a side note: I used a Granbull and Morty's Gengar did nothing but use dream eater on me without me being asleep.

I've loved the difficulty ranges so far, I've had to grid up a little bit just before almost every gym and it works well. These are just two spots that seem odd.

I've been grinding for the 6th gym (steel) for a while now, probably just because my pokemon choice, but it also seemed pretty intense. My tododile is still level 10, lol... Its my hm mule because its stats were terrible

johto recently had a bunch of NPCs added to the area between olivine and cianwood, and the route before johto safari. should lower the difficulty a bit

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

122494 johto recently had a bunch of NPCs added to the area between olivine and cianwood, and the route before johto safari. should lower the difficulty a bit

It's not so much that there isn't enough to train on, it's that the spike feels weird. I think everything else in Johto felt comfortable except for the trainers with level 30+ pokemon in goldenrod and the amount of grinding (compared to other sections of the game) required for the steel gym. The grinding issue isn't that big of a problem because it's just grinding, but those rocket grunts caught me by surprise in goldenrod.

maybe i need to go and nerf these just a little bit then.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

For me the Rocket Members in Goldenrod were really hard compared to everything after 4th Gym.

Afair they use Lv. 30-40 Pokémon and I had to go to the Pokécenter after every fight.

Once done I feared the 4th Gym but it was so damn easy, nothing scratched my Pokémon, everything died 1HKO or 2HKO.

Then you leave Goldenrod and encounter Trainers using Lv. 18 Pokémon (not 6, but like 1-2).

Johto overall is way(!) too easy, beat everyone until the E4 with a solo Quilava/Typholosion, no EV Training or fancy stuff like that.