Price and Rating Guide

Spacemuffin

124842 Some suggetions from me, some might have already been posted:

1. Change the value you multiply, depending on main and secondary ivs. Example. 31spe/31spatk/15 on rest, gengar, is not the same as a 15spe/31spatk/31atk/15 on rest gengar. I just took the spatk ivs and put them on atk.

2. You have to consider taking the rarity chart, and depending on the category a pokemon is, change the value you use.

3. Maybe add another value for nature that is not either bad or good. such as brave nature on onix isntead of impish, or the neutural natures.

$. Also there should be a difference depending on the ability. Normal ability and skill link shellder have different rating and pricing.

I get what you mean with point 1, although it's a little difficult to set for that as then we have to alter depending on each individual pokemon and what they're being used for. Gyarados for example can be used as a damage sponge, a physical tank, or a special tank, each with their own individual needed boosts in IV+Nature. I suppose if the moveset is advantaged for said particular pokemon, it all depends on how that pokemon is used as opposed to how majority should see it used. I can take a Gengar and alter all it's moves to be physical based as opposed to sp.attk based, does it then lose rating because it's not being used for what majority sees as correctly? I don't think it should due to the rating system meaning to rank your pokemon based on it's potential end stats as opposed to which stat is preferable. And it's set to each species so a 6x31 IV pidgey with favorable nature is a perfect pidgey, not a perfect pokemon.

The rarity scale is being implemented as a secondary ranking separate from rating, as I mentioned above, it's a rating of your pokemon within it's individual species as opposed to rating a pokemon against every other pokemon, and pricing will reflect rarity, shiny, ability, and rating and be adjusted accordingly.

Finally, nature. This one in itself is a little tricky as the rating system is not meant to bias individual stats, however you're right in one aspect, certain pokemon have advantageous stat types, and vise versa, which is why it's more upto the person calculating to determine whether it's advantageous based on the moveset they intend to employ etc etc. As for neutral natures, they just get a 0 similar to disadvantageous natures, I was thinking of adding a penalty in for it, but then is my rating system being too harsh? Tell me what you think.

~Dark Jester

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think it is possible to calculate the prices. There are just too many individual variables like personal preferences, moves/abilities/items available, how many poke you already own, how much money is on the server/do u have, rarity/lvl(evo state)/ev-training of pokemons. and the list goes on.

The rating part. It's not too hard to include abilities, nature and value+priority of IV's in a rating system. Made one for myself 3 months ago. I never considered it to post it on the forum because u need to gain more knowlegde before u can actually use it (guess what its more complex). On the other hand u probably need to invest that time anyway if u wanna be "succesful" in pvp. So if u want me to post it, i will (need to translate it first and add some explanations).

I think this rating system works only for the pokemons who has right nature... but after all, those who are new to this game will find this topic helpful...

But the prices though :Cry:

Well +1 for effort. :)

126125 I think this rating system works only for the pokemons who has right nature... but after all, those who are new to this game will find this topic helpful...

But the prices though :Cry:

Well +1 for effort. :)

Well whats your thought on prices? Any idea how to better refine it? Also, the main question right now how much does it being a shiny pokemon effect the pricing of the pokemon. If anyone has ideas on that feel free to post in here.

If you want to build a calculator that would determine a note out of ten you need to (arbitrarily or empirically) determine the importance of each IV.

It is possible to do a good one, but it will take hundreds of hours to build. For now it's very bad.

For example for a poke who has no offensive move, the value of SPATK and ATK are 0 (which is easy), for most sweepers, speed is important, and a bit less for some stallers, but still imporant etc