Destiny bond sustitute

Belding

Hellow, I used sustitute and in the next turn I used Destiny bond, then the enemy (volcarona) makes hurt my poke no the sustitute and kill my poke, but the destiny bond didnt work, im not sure if it is a bug, but i dont understand whats happening here, please help, i will gratefully for the help. 

Hello @Belding

Thank you for taking the time to make this report. Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce this issue. If you can provide us with more information, we may be able to reproduce this potential bug. Posting screenshots of the battle log or a recording of the match would be most helpful. Alternatively, you can explain to us what happened in more detail (such as the moves that were used, their specific order, and whether the battle took place in PvP or elsewhere). 

Looking forward to your response. 

With my gengar, i used sustitue, then the enemy with his volcarona did a status movement, i cannot remember which it was,... Then i used destiny bond, and the volcarona, i think it use bug buz but kill me and when i die, the volcarona didnt do the same, i have tu say too that I used two twice the movemen destiny bond in the battle with volcarona , and sustitute, when i saw that it ocourr y surrender the battel.. I wish you can saw my PvP battel and find what its happend here, please and thanks for the help 

It happend again, this time i have screenshots, xD I dont know if this is a bug or is like it have to be, but i hope that it could be helpfully... I use sustitute, and then i use destiny bond, the poke destroy my sustitute, and the next turn destroy my poke with thunderbolt, this time was a raikou, and didnt die.  Then i surrender the battle and come here to notificate it xD 

Screenshot_2021-06-25-18-30-55-433_com.PROTeam.PROClient.jpg

Screenshot_2021-06-25-18-31-28-604_com.PROTeam.PROClient.jpg

Screenshot_2021-06-25-18-31-55-119_com.PROTeam.PROClient.jpg

Screenshot_2021-06-25-18-32-53-734_com.PROTeam.PROClient.jpg

Destiny bond doesn't work if the NEXT move your opponent uses does NOT kill you. Meaning that if you or your opponent used any other move between the use of destiny bond, and the move that killed you, it will NOT work.

Btw, next time show the battle log.

Edited by Olker

Hello @Belding,

Although it is hard to see exactly what is happening turn by turn without a battle log, the screenshots you provided give me an idea of what may have happened. I believe that this is the intended behavior for Destiny Bond and here is why: "When the user of Destiny Bond takes another turn, the effect of the move disappears." Another thing to note is that Destiny Bond has changed slightly in generation 7. "Destiny Bond will always fail if it was successfully executed the previous turn." It is hard to tell exactly which moves you selected, but I believe this may explain what happened. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Have a good day!