[Outdated Christmas Version] How to catch Zekrom and Reshiram [Dark Stone Guide]

Desumi

1139468482_Maintext.png.0539821ff1a17c1304959612ed47551d.png

This new Christmas event introduces a way to catch the last two Legendaries in the Tao Trio.

It was first added during the Christmas event of 2021, but wasn't introduced before Q1 of 2022.

Full release:

This Quest is no longer tied to the Christmas event

Its now accessable at anytime from Eindoak Town (found at Eumi Island Town)

Pre-full release (during the Christmas Event):

It requires the player to have completed the other Christmas quest being the Missing Santa Quest.

It also requires the player to complete the Battle Tournament and obtain the Dark Stone.

This is one of the more challenging Christmas events introduced on PRO.

Short link to this post:

https://bit.ly/DragonspiralTower

Requirements.png.9a2c9d1becfb1027c18218d8c2853304.png

(Mandatory) Completed the Missing Santa Quest

(Optional) *Light stone (A requirement to catch Reshiram)

*You can obtain this from the co-op Dungeon Quest as reward

2125473329_StartingtheQuest.png.2f4c930e79322262cbfedd4b6c9385ea.png

Mannes.png.d7bcebeb5dba4992b23aa8ae05d70ae1.png

To first trigger the quest, head to Evergreen Island Village.

From there, speak with Mannes in front of the Tournament building found at the top right of the map towards Flake Path.

1906238612_Damonedited.png.a7c89bc2c7442e41202c0841b06262cf.png

After talking with Mannes, he will task you to locate Damon and get him back to the tournament.
He can be found to the right looking out towards the broken bridge located in the Evergreen Island Crystal Cave.

619924684_Gettingdarkstone.png.96259650b3fb0b9ab702f96a9cb446d4.png

After finding Damon, you'll need to succeed in beating trainers with just a single Pokemon and win the tournament.

If you lose to a trainer, you loose the points you staked, but winning yields you either a x1 or double if you selected x2 before the battle.

How to start the Tournament:

Go to the Pokecenter and empty your team except the Pokemon you want to use in the Tournament.

Speak with Mannes again and register the Pokemon, remember that it will have to be the only Pokemon on your team.

My suggestion for a great Pokemon to use:

I suggest using something like a Mega Gyarados or a Pokemon that can easily fight a variety of Pokemon types, but ultimately the choice is up to you.

How does the Tournament work? What is the goal?

You have 5 different trainers you'll need to locate and battle, they're randomized, so interact with each one you pass as they'll either say you're too strong or battle you. Some will have x1, while others might have x2. And Damon will have a x4. So be sure to gather as many points as you can from each trainer.
They are all scattered in all the adjacent maps to Evergreen Island Village, except for all the maps located to the East of Evergreen Island Village.

The goal is to be the one with the most points after battling all 4 trainers, and this outcome seems randomized.

The reward for winning the Tournament is the Dark Stone

995694010_DarkStone.png.bb1d3d005bed2cdf7d9c86bec311815c.png

1315632238_DragonspiralTower.png.63eb2c47b480556451ec39d720ea2b31.png

990035683_DragonspiralTower.png.630a77e526b59cc373dafa8b51739aa4.png

After obtaining the Dark stone Dark Stone, we will now be allowed to enter the Dragonspiral Tower.
This is located in Evergreen Island Village, found at the very top center of the map.

Notice: Some items will be unavailable while inside the Dragonspiral Tower due to the strong Dragon Force surrounding the tower.

A tip before beginning your adventure inside the tower:

Make sure to bring with you lots of Repel, this will come in handy for some puzzles and a very annoying run on 3F.

Dragonspiral Tower 1F:

This room is mainly just wild Pokemon spawns, no objective is required in order to continue to the next room.

Dragonspiral Tower 2F:

Caution: All the Pokemon roaming around will battle you if you're within their line of sight!

Objective:

This room requires you to activate a semi-hidden crystal located on the left of the sole staircase in the room (location).

Room tutorial:

Spoiler

To get access to the staircase, you'll need to go through the left path, then use the wooden scaffolding (location) on the right side, to go on top of the pillar.After doing that, head down the staircase and activate the crystal. This will weaken the barrier. You can now go to the next floor.

Dragonspiral Tower 3F:

Caution: All the Pokemon roaming around will battle you if you're within their line of sight!

Objective:

This room has platforms you can jump across in a pattern.

You'll need to find the right pathway and activate the 3 crystals on this floor to weaken the barrier.

Room tutorial:

Spoiler

There are in total 3 crystals on this floor: one being in the middle (location), one at the bottom left (location), and the final one being top right (location). Once these are all activated, find your way to the next room.

Dragonspiral Tower 4F:

Caution: Failing to follow the Pansage, if the player is hit by the swarm or touches a unstable tile,

they will be automatically returned to the entrance of the Dragonspiral Tower 4F in the previous room.

Objective:

The floor is unstable, the only way to get through this safely is to follow the Pansage, they stop twice before reaching the secret lever.

Useful tip: Once Pansage spots a unstable tile, they will alert you with the exclamation emote and a sound.

Room tutorial:

Spoiler

This room is pretty self explainatory.

At the last swarm, the Pansage will find a hidden lever.

This will weaken the barrier and deactivate the electric field, which gains the player access to the next room.

Dragonspiral Tower 5F:

Caution: If the player is hit by the Electric beams,

they will be sent back to the entrace in the same room, having to start over.

Objective:

Notice: Activating the crystal will NOT deactivate the Electric beams and you only have to activate it once.

There are about 3 crystals in this room, but only one of them is the real one.

Activating this will deactivate the barrier and allow you to enter the next room.

Room tutorial:

Spoiler

There are three different crystals in this room, they spawn on the same cordinates each time but they are randomized for each player. There is no correct crystal, so trying each one until you hit the right one is the only way to progress.

Dragonspiral Tower 6F:

Tip: You can avoid the Pokemon in the beginning of the room by going around and behind them against the wall. 

Objective:

Hit the right switches to turn off the electric beam and gain access to a new room in the small maze. 

Room tutorial:

Spoiler

First thing we need to do is hitting the red switch (location) before going into the maze.

Then go down and into the maze archway and then go to the rock at the right side (location), then activate both the red switch and blue switch.

Then go down and to the left of the roaming Crobat and down again. Activate the red switch (location).

Then go up and enter the archway you unlocked above and activate the blue switch (location).

Go back to the previous red switch (location) and active it again. 

Then go to the right and down from the roaming Crobat, activate the blue switch (location).

After doing that, go further down (location).

Activate the blue switch and then the red switch and then the blue switch again to get out.

Go up and activate the blue switch (location) that we already activated earlier.

Go into the area you unlocked to the right and activate the next blue switch (location).

Then go up and activate the red switch (location), this will unlock the archway on the right side.

Then once again go back to the same blue switch (location) and activate it again.

Go down through the archway on the right, activate the red switch (location) at the bottom.

This will gain you access to the blue switch (location) which unlocks the last electric beam and the final room.

Dragonspiral Tower 7F (Top floor):

Caution: The player will have to fight 3 Pokemon from Damon and then be prompted to battle with Zekrom right away.

With no time in between each fight to heal or rearrange party.

Objective:

Battle against Damon's 3 Pokemon and then battle Zekrom right after and win.

Room tutorial:

There is no room tutorial for this as its straight forward.

But a small hint... go towards the shiny circle in the middle.

Battle Lineup:

Damon has a half full party consisting of 3 Pokemon and he always starts with Gothitelle.

All 3 of his Pokemon share the Ghost and Dark-type weakness.

gothitelle.png.fd966a6f6b82e02c8147ea10f93d5f06.png

Lv 100 Gothitelle

Held item: Leftovers.png.f5412e8fb9af87e3985e05acc4d99219.png Leftovers

Weakness: Dark, Bug, Ghost

600px-579Reuniclus.png.f83b21e54fd182ef2931c866aaaced5e.png

Lv 100 Reuniclus

Held item: Life_Orb.png.e227d345a382e932e8980ab96090400e.png Life Orb

Weakness: Dark, Bug, Ghost

600px-561Sigilyph.png.3d37e3beca1b105166bd98a07ae076b8.png

Lv 100 Sigilyph

Held item: Life_Orb.png.e227d345a382e932e8980ab96090400e.png Life Orb

Weakness: Dark, Ghost, Ice, Rock, Electric

After defeating him, Zekrom will immidiately show up and prompting the trainer for a battle.

Once they are defeated, you will get your items back that was taken away at the beginning.

Tip for the battle with Zekrom:

The best/fastest way to beat Zekrom is by using Toxic and stall it out.

I suggest using a Klefki with Prankster if the setup poke is slower than Zekrom.

Zekrom_Christmas_Sprite.png.5c5aecca075a7d880acdc51e888dde73.png

Lv 100 Zekrom

Held item: None

Weakness: Fairy, Ice, Ground, Dragon

Movepool: Bolt Strike and Outrage

Zekrom_Christmas_Sprite.png.5c5aecca075a7d880acdc51e888dde73.pngCatching.png.b0a8fbffda9c735ff0d5127e41b34136.pngReshiram_Christmas_Sprite.png.62a26f1bd190e89e0216a499b4829319.png

Once Zekrom is defeated, go back to the shiny circle, it will prompt you to either leave or not.

If you decide to stay, you can battle and catch Zekrom and or Reshiram right away by interacting with them respectively.

Notice: Reshiram will only show up if you have the corrosponding stone being the Light stone.

Want to sync Zekrom/Reshiram?

Simply interact with the shiny circle and then leave the tower.

Upon returning to the Dragonspiral Tower, the guard will be inside instead and won't take your items like the last time.

Head up the floors again. Remember that you will still have to redo floors 4F, 5F and 6F again.

Notice: You will NOT have to activate the crystal on 5F, but you still need to avoid the electric beams!

Best of luck with your capturing of Zekrom and or Reshiram!

For myself... Well I literally got the worst possible IVs... So much work for nothing, time to farm Reroll tickets.

Spoiler

1333755406_unknown(1).png.1ffa532bc9c8e5f5b0ea0668ec929dac.png

FAQ.png.41fe29e66cbc107d25c22a9e462286df.png

Some of the most common questions the player may have that isn't found within the guide.

Q. How will I know if I have all the requirements needed to start the quest?

A. When interacting with Mannes in Evergreen Island Village and it shows this response, then you have not yet met all the requirements.

Q. What happens if I lose to Damon or Zekrom?

A. You will be sent back to the very beginning having to start over again. Prepare accordingly before going in again!

Q. What happens if I faint one or both of them before capturing them?

A.  You will be able to recapture it like any other Legendary through beating Nikola boss (not tested, but is usually this)

Q. I only see Zekrom there, why is that?

A. Because you haven't completed the co-op Dungeon quest and obtained the Light stone for Reshiram.

Q. Once I beat Damon and Zekrom and get my sync ready, do I have to redo all the puzzles and battles?

A. All roaming Pokemon will be gone, but you will have to redo floor 4F, 5F and 6F puzzles/challanges again.

With exceptions to floor 5F where you don't need to activate the crystal, but be aware the beams are still active!

Edited by Desumi
Added partial info about its full release (as non event exclusive quest)
  • Like 1

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

Just a quick update:

I've done the entire quest myself to confirm my suspicions about prerequisites and altered the guide accordingly. Furthermore I've added more QnA to FAQ section, also added the Dark Stone icon/inventory showcase, added the Christmas form Zekrom and accordingly added hyperlinks to each Pokemon's name to PRO's wiki page regarding them to hopefully attract more attention to their wiki. Also added some caution and notice blocks to some floors and or paragraphs to highlight important information.

If someone have any valueable information that I might've missed out on, feel free to let me know.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

• Desumi changed the title to [Outdated Christmas Version] How to catch Zekrom and Reshiram [Dark Stone Guide]
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...