Potential spawn issue safari johto wet map - Can't find feebas (nor staryu)

Legendarylapras

Hi,

This is not a rant - I just wanted to report that after 2 days surfing the safari wet zone on Johto I wasn't able to get a single encounter of feebas, and also not a single encounter of staryu, both showing on the map. I was trying to hunt feebas and wasted ton of money on this process. I suspect there must be a bug with the map, even though feebas is supposed to be rare and arguably I had bad luck, even staryu was not there and is super common.

Is it possible to check that the map is correct, and that no membership is required there?

What is the probability to encounter feebas?

Are there specific tiles to encounter it?

Thanks

Edited by LegendaryLapras

11 minutes ago, LegendaryLapras said:

[...] and that no membership is required there?

Can't answer your original question nor check, but I can confirm that according to the wiki and Reborn as a base source, as well as in-game Pokedex that Membership is NOT required to encounter those Pokemon on that specific map. Unless it was changed and not documented, it is encounterable by all non-membership players alike by Surfing/Fishing. You may try to use a Super Rod or greater to encounter both of them, unless a bug is preventing them from being encounterable, whereas it should be reported as a potential bug.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

@LegendaryLapras

Greetings,

I have personally checked and the spawn seems to be fine (at a first glance). It does not have any Membership requirements and you can either Fish for it with a Super Rod or hunt for it while Surfing. I recommend that you Surf in the Morning to try and hunt it. I will personally test and doublecheck it further but there seems to be no issue on it for now. Spawns do not have an exact percentage because the spawns on each route affect each other (each individual pokemon can warp the % chance of encountering the other pokemon in the same area). You also don't need to hunt for Feebas in any specific tiles, you just need to surf around!

@Kvar thanks for the reply.

Is there any comment about Staryu just for sanity check? Because it might be the same root cause. Also this is about the gold server.

Regarding your comment - is it better to surf or super rod to get feebas, and what did you mean by morning (game time (which hours) or real time)

thanks

@LegendaryLapras

Staryu should also be completely fine. I normally suggest surfing instead of Fishing Rods due to how Rods currently work in PRO. I was referring to Morning (Game Time, 04:00 to 09:59 ingame Poketime)!

Maybe it's related but wooper says it appears there during night only but it appears also during morning, maybe it affects chances @Kvar.

Correct me if I'm wrong wooper in the Pokedex supposed to show only at night, and if it also shows in morning it could mean that the chances to meet feebas are even lower (could they be completely bugged in some way due to percentage overflow or something idk about how it works)

If it helps the assessment I was surfing during 6-9 morning and nothing (no feebas, no staryu) and instead many woopers