Any Initial D fans?

Talir

Being the 90's kid I am I too grew up with Dragon Ball and Pokemon, back then I don't think there was any chance avoiding either one of them which I always found pretty cool, lol. If I watch either one of them I can't help but feel nostalgic. It wasn't until I was around 7-8 ish when my classmate told me about Initial D, it started with the manga and throughout the years developed in more interest towards the entire genre, I eventually found out about the anime as well and got hooked ever since. Fast cars, beautifully thought trough characters and a amazing script. Oh.. And the music, the music. Lol. None of my friends share a similar interest when it comes to Eurobeat, but even to this very day I still have a custom YouTube playlist for those late-night drives back home, or whenever I feel like drifting away in the void as soon as the music intensifies ^^

Plot: (Spoiler free) High school student Takumi Fujiwara works as a gas station attendant during the day and a delivery boy for his father's tofu shop during late nights. Little does he know that his precise driving skills and his father's modified Toyota Sprinter AE86 Trueno make him the best amateur road racer on Mt. Akina's highway. Because of this, racing groups from all over the Gunma prefecture issue challenges to Takumi to see if he really has what it takes to be a road legend.

For anyone who's curious about the anime, and/or reference purposes: https://myanimelist.net/anime/185/Initial_D_First_Stage

Although I never managed to finish watching a single episode of that series, since I tend to get bored of most shows very quickly, even if they are very well made, I really love the Eurobeat soundtrack in it! There is this channel on Youtube called Eurolovers, it has 3000+ something Eurobeat songs uploaded on it, worth listening if you are into the genre.

AsDYf3l.png

• 2 weeks later...
134652 Although I never managed to finish watching a single episode of that series, since I tend to get bored of most shows very quickly, even if they are very well made, I really love the Eurobeat soundtrack in it! There is this channel on Youtube called Eurolovers, it has 3000+ something Eurobeat songs uploaded on it, worth listening if you are into the genre.

That's fine hehe, I can completely relate when it comes to most shows as well. And thanks a ton for forwarding me to the Eurolovers YT channel, I've already made a custom playlist and the list just continues growing! ^^

134659 Love Initial D :Grin:

Finished it in 1 sitting more then once haha.

you might also enjoy Wangan Midnight which is also a street racing anime :Cool:

Now that's commitment lol, I salute you haha. I've just looked up Wangan Midnight and as well impressed, from what I've seen so far I'm definitely interested in watching the entire thing! Thanks a lot for recommending me it

136246 i LOVE initial D,is awesome anime of the old school :Grin: i already watched all season at least 4 times xD i never get tired of this anime,initial D! the hachi-roku and takumi! :Cool: no one can beat him

Lol that's awesome, I'm so glad to hear you've enjoyed it trough all 4 sittings hehe. All hail the holy Hachiroku. As unlikely as it is, I'd love to get my hands on a Toyota AE86 one day

134652 Although I never managed to finish watching a single episode of that series, since I tend to get bored of most shows very quickly, even if they are very well made, I really love the Eurobeat soundtrack in it! There is this channel on Youtube called Eurolovers, it has 3000+ something Eurobeat songs uploaded on it, worth listening if you are into the genre.

That's fine hehe, I can completely relate when it comes to most shows as well. And thanks a ton for forwarding me to the Eurolovers YT channel, I've already made a custom playlist and the list just continues growing! ^^

You can check out a playlist that I and a friend built up, see if you are interested :Smile:

AsDYf3l.png