Reduce boss cool-downs.

Judgeharm

So, as far as I can tell, the "red-name" bosses have a two week cool-down win or lose, which is too long. At the moment they more or less 'are' the end game. Yes there is the good ol' grind and find mechanics of pokemon; but that is pretty tame and has been the staple of end game pokemon for generations.

I get that these guys can give crazy good rewards (#NeverLucky) but considering some of them like lance/naero gate content it is realistically too long.

I do agree there should be a cool down though. Just substantially shorter than 2 weeks, perhaps 96 hours similar to the dig spots.

I find that I tend to net 50-60k+ worth of items from digging and since it requires no skill and the bosses require a pretty strong theme'd team and a lot of hours in Dragon's Den I think it is reasonable that these bosses be available frequently since they *tend* to give similar value of rewards... sometimes.... and sometimes they give mystic water.

I would also suggest that "gatekeeper" bosses have a VERY short cool-down on loss (12-24hours, which is plenty of time to level another 100 and EV train it) as you probably don't want players to lose interest because "GARY-DOS CAN'T LAND AN ICE FANG TO SAVE HIS LIFE".

Thanks, really do like the idea of end-game bosses though.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

96 hours to a week would be a more fair time span for these bosses, especially when (as said above) you can get some really bad items, as well as not being able to control the natures/ivs of the pokemon given as a gift won't influence the market much, if at all.

If needs be, maybe instead of some bosses giving 3x~5x rare candies or multiple of other prizes, cut it down to 2 with a the shorter cooldown.

More bosses to hunt at more times gives people more to do, and it also helps someone who might not know when to challenge these bosses to not kick themselves in the teeth as hard as a two week cooldown without something important such as egg moves.

135204 +1

96 hours to a week would be a more fair time span for these bosses, especially when (as said above) you can get some really bad items, as well as not being able to control the natures/ivs of the pokemon given as a gift won't influence the market much, if at all.

If needs be, maybe instead of some bosses giving 3x~5x rare candies or multiple of other prizes, cut it down to 2 with a the shorter cooldown.

More bosses to hunt at more times gives people more to do, and it also helps someone who might not know when to challenge these bosses to not kick themselves in the teeth as hard as a two week cooldown without something important such as egg moves.

I totally agree. Two weeks is absolutely senseless and insane.

From 2015: I'm still here

I'm tending to agree, I just recently got a bunch of pokemon to level 100 and will start challenging these bosses. I haven't met the hour requirements for some of them and the one I did lose too just to see what they were like, I'll have to wait a long while to battle again and I believe there should always be something to do at any point of the game besides hunting pokemon.

Z519Oj9.png

I would support this change, but i think that the cooldown should be reduced to only one week as opposed to four days. There are 14 bosses implemented at the moment, with more to come I assume, and having each of them refresh after only four days would be too spammable imo.

I agree that as a "gatekeeper" Lance's cooldown could be only 24 hours, but I think that Naero's should be kept the same as the rest of the bosses as he gives other rewards besides unlocking egg moves.

Edit: After looking through the forum I've found that, according to Integer, the Lance boss actually has no cooldown period so there's no need for any changes there :P

135301 I also vote on 1 week reset :) They are main bosses, dont compare them to dig spots

I was just comparing them to dig spots simply because of the inflation both will/could cause.

Dig spots are just a flat +50k to your in game currency every few days and these bosses CAN give a lot of really rare and valuable pokemon. That might devalue the grind a little. Though i imagine not very much as the best rewards tend to be pokemon, a lot of which are very grindy to obtain any other way. And I would see the bosses as just a different kind of grind as for lance and a few others I have simply just leveld a couple of counters to deal with their theme'd team.

Lance doesnt have a cooldown (or shouldnt have).

This wont be changed, due to the whole point of why they were added, the prize pools involved. These bosses will also give out mega stones potentially in the future, so while the cooldown may not make sense now, it is there to stop the economy get over-inflated.

Dig spots are getting a revamp soon also, so some of the things may get changed, but bosses will not have a lower cooldown. With hoenn there will be at least 5-6 new bosses included (if i dont add any more, which I will undoubtedly). that is a lot of things to do in 4 days.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

135422 Lance doesnt have a cooldown (or shouldnt have).

Also now I feel silly going out and grinding a fairy team just to beat lance. :(

135422 that is a lot of things to do in 4 days.

Assuming that when you have to bosses on farm it takes you 10 mins to to defeat a boss and 10mins to move from place to place that is only 6 hours of content on a 336 hour rotation.

But the the mega stones a longer cool down does make sense... However I would argue that the crappy rewards should probably be removed from the bosses then. Otherwise it is just RNG on RNG on a long cool down. No one is going to be excited about getting mystic water from Oak. And I would still argue that 14 days cool down is way too long.

perhaps to stop economy bloat with a lower CD you could have diminishing returns on items 3 rare candies then 2 then 1? Or just make the 'good rewards' rarer.

:thanks: