Trade Improvement: Loan System

Fenne

Alright, we seriously need to come up with a Loan System to this game. (If I remember correctly... RuneScape as well as many other games got a similar system.)

Everyday, trustworthy or regular users loan newbies in hoping they can get far with their own Pokemon and yet, most users become irresponsible and get their accounts banned for not following Pokemon Revolution Online's Policies and Rules. It's known that if a user loans a Pokemon to another and the user in question is banned, the chances of gaining your Pokemon is technically slim to none. So with a Loaning System, this can possibly turn around the situation.

How the system would work is that when trading with a user, left clicking would cause a trade to normally happen as intended currently right now. Though if a user right click a Pokemon in question, it will bring up a loan prompt with 4 choices of how many days the user wishes to give the Pokemon to the user he is trading with.

1. 1 Day

2. 7 Days

3. 30 Days

4. Custom Amount - Which brings up a prompt that we would put a numerical number of consecutive days the user wishes to give the Pokemon to the other user.

After setting an amount, a red text on the Pokemon will show the amount of days the Pokemon will be loan for. This would be the case to avoid scams and a good reminder that players SHOULD look at the trade prompt before trading. It would also get a custom mark to indicate that the Pokemon WAS loaned in the Pokecenter Box as well as on the top left Pokemon indicator screen.

When completed, the user will gain an Loaned Pokemon which would possibly have restrictions. Some would be optional and some would probably be mandatory

• The user who received the Pokemon will not be able to change the Pokemon moveset. (Mandatory/Optional?)
  • Loaned Pokemon cannot be traded. (Mandatory)
  • If a loaned Pokemon is holding an item, it can not be removed. Item such berries or items used in battle such as a Focus Sash are excluded, though they cannot be used for any OTHER pokemon, but only the Pokemon loaned in battle. (Mandatory)
  • User can not change a IV/EV of a loaned Pokemon. (Mandatory)
  • When returned back to the Pokemon trainer who has gave the loan, EV will be reset back to what it was originally before the trade (Optional?)

Note*: I am not really sure on how what restrictions we should, but some would probably be good in the case of abuse.

After the set of consecutive days is completed, the lended Pokemon will return back to the user's Pokecenter Box for safe use. If a user is banned between the set days, the Pokemon will be returned back to the user's Pokecenter immediately.

With a set system similar to this, people can possibly not worry about having their Pokemon stolen or even not being able to obtain their Pokemon back if a user IS banned. Yes, I know it would be hard as heck to code, but we seriously need to put a foot down to stopping this situations from happening.

Anyone is free to give me some feedback as some would be pretty good. Not all ideas are perfect...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like your idea, it makes sense. You can kind of rent a pokemon to someone. Which can help them in some way or something. But i would say that they cannot give a player that is on first gym a lvl 50 poke. You can only give the pokemon that is lower or the level of the other users highest lvl pokemon.

-Haunt :Angel:

135714 I do like your idea, it makes sense. You can kind of rent a pokemon to someone. Which can help them in some way or something. But i would say that they cannot give a player that is on first gym a lvl 50 poke. You can only give the pokemon that is lower or the level of the other users highest lvl pokemon.

I mean, you can already just buy a high level pokemon. As soon as I completed the 4th gym. I bought a lvl100 and beat entire region. Then when I moved to Johto, spend 10minutes finding a lvl100, bought it, complete Johto in 3 hours.

135714 I do like your idea, it makes sense. You can kind of rent a pokemon to someone. Which can help them in some way or something. But i would say that they cannot give a player that is on first gym a lvl 50 poke. You can only give the pokemon that is lower or the level of the other users highest lvl pokemon.

I mean, you can already just buy a high level pokemon. As soon as I completed the 4th gym. I bought a lvl100 and beat entire region. Then when I moved to Johto, spend 10minutes finding a lvl100, bought it, complete Johto in 3 hours.

Though some usually don't have the money to do so, except farming.

Cost me 15k..

Cost me 15k..

Lol, he's right...

Cost me 15k..

i guess its just me but that doesnt sound fun. I find pokemon fun when i get to pick my team and play with them and have some hard times. If you would like to skip all of it i really dont care but it just doesnt sound fun to me...

ayylmao

Cost me 15k..

i guess its just me but that doesnt sound fun. I find pokemon fun when i get to pick my team and play with them and have some hard times. If you would like to skip all of it i really dont care but it just doesnt sound fun to me...

I find end game fun, not the quest portion.