Reconnecting system

Salemzeroo

Hello, the reconnecting system need a rework as it justs last for less than 10 seconds. In other words, it is just usable in the case of slow internet but it is really bad when there is an electricity cut off for 20 seconds before the wifi comes again.... My suggestion is:

- putting higher time for connections to get back so that we can reconnect

-do not kick us out of the client whenever we try connecting again to the wifi... 

• Developer

Hello, reconnect currently works for 45 seconds. We can adjust the time when needed but the more we increase the time the more the RAM usage increases for our servers.

That's why we are careful about increasing the reconnect time for now.

• Like 1

Ye but the thing is that for reconnecting to wifi we need a bit longer time... This reconnecting system works perfectly when the net is lagging but it does not work at all when there is an electricity cut off... But I think the RAM can handle it for like 70 seconds, no? 

• Developer
On 7/16/2022 at 5:47 AM, SalemZEROO said:

Ye but the thing is that for reconnecting to wifi we need a bit longer time... This reconnecting system works perfectly when the net is lagging but it does not work at all when there is an electricity cut off... But I think the RAM can handle it for like 70 seconds, no? 

You underestimate the RAM it might take for 1000 users, it's enormous. I do plan to make a few changes so it's more flexible but that's not prioritized for now.

Also, 70 seconds might be enough for you but my router takes longer to restart completely. There'll always be users that demand a longer grace time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...