Why i think we should get a new server now.

Llriel

Should we get a new server very soon?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we get a new server very soon?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Staff are probably the ones who want new servers more than anybody else, but it would be wise to think from their perspective as well. They probably cannot afford a new server at this stage and that's not only financial. New server means new staff to watch it, more maintenance duties etc. When they feel that they can afford to add a new server or expand server capacity, they will. Just like they did recently.

Opening a new server is far more complicated a decision than the ability/resources to do it. Creating a new server will inevitably effect the games community and cause more splits amongst the playerbase, and with the introduction of the blue server so recently and it still not having a proper PVP scene you may risk splitting the community even more and causing two servers to have mediocre end game scenes for a very long time.

If that happens we will be in a situation where Red is the only server that's had time to establish a community, which means new players all want to go on red. That leaves these two new servers under utilised and defeats the point of having them. The Devs know when to add new servers, it's based on community just as much as resources.

i'll explain clearly my POV, this games is totally free, even the donation system is not a "pay to play" is a "pay to improve". due some legal stuff they can't earn 99% of the money and the server must go on with donations. The main thing that the staff and Shane himself need to understand now as far as i can tell, is how many of these newbies will become active players, because if they rent another server/make these bigger and people leave the game we could say bye to pro. another point is staff, they need bigger staff to manage bigger/more servers. that's all, easy i think :Angel:

136586 Look pal, I have no idea what's in your head right now, but ask yourself this: you think these guys are that blind? Think they don't know about these queues keep growing daily? If you really think that

136542 All they need to do is channels

then my advice: go take some real developing classes or something. And no one really cares if you are busy or having a vacation in Hawaii, there are plenty users in the queues including myself to fill your slot.

i don't develope i design. Thank you

well, I would advise you to come back when you know what you're talking about. Thank you.

We can't just magic a whole server out of thin air.

Our 2 current Game servers run on 8 core Xeons, with 32GB RAM, and 2x512GB SSDs in RAID. These cost ALOT to rent. We had barely enough to buy hardware DDoS protection last month as well as pay for our 3+ servers (2 game servers + webserver).

Bear in mind we aren't a company, we are just a few people making a game we like.

7 months ago we had 400 capacity, now we have 3600 capacity across 2 servers. That shows you how quickly we have grown. Yes, the queues aren't ideal, but it's better than not being able to connect at all.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

136586 Look pal, I have no idea what's in your head right now, but ask yourself this: you think these guys are that blind? Think they don't know about these queues keep growing daily? If you really think that

then my advice: go take some real developing classes or something. And no one really cares if you are busy or having a vacation in Hawaii, there are plenty users in the queues including myself to fill your slot.

i don't develope i design. Thank you

well, I would advise you to come back when you know what you're talking about. Thank you.

We can't just magic a whole server out of thin air.

Our 2 current Game servers run on 8 core Xeons, with 32GB RAM, and 2x512GB SSDs in RAID. These cost ALOT to rent. We had barely enough to buy hardware DDoS protection last month as well as pay for our 3+ servers (2 game servers + webserver).

Bear in mind we aren't a company, we are just a few people making a game we like.

7 months ago we had 400 capacity, now we have 3600 capacity across 2 servers. That shows you how quickly we have grown. Yes, the queues aren't ideal, but it's better than not being able to connect at all.

The 1st reply imo you could be a little bit more humble and nicer, we aint being rude, just telling you how it is, i guess. As an admin you should know that, but apparently not.

We should not get a new server right now because of a few simple reasons. 1. Servers that we currently have are not stable as they should be. 2. We just got a new server so that should be more of a focus than a newer one. It would be moronic for the devs to put more on their plates than what they already have.