Character carries on between server

Lurkermin

So it probably is more difficult to do than it sounds but, how about making it so a character on the red server will have the same things if they were to log into the blue server.

Like I logged in for the first time in months and thought I lost all my hard work, so why can't progress be the same on both servers?

138006 It'd be impossible to do, they've said this before.

I'm aware that they've claimed that multiple times; however, it certainly would not be impossible to do. It may take a little effort(apparently more than they're willing to exert) but its completely possible. (There's a post somewhere where the community coordinator stated it was possible but would require a revamp).

You'd think that in the process of designing the game it would've crossed their minds to implement a cross-server system, but it is fan made so its understandable.

Profits aside, it would be really nice to eventually see this just to allow people to play the game without waiting up to 20-40 minutes at times.

138006 Not to mention it's better to keep the servers separate for obvious economical reasons.

If red world was extended to another server, would it actually be a negative impact to the economy? It's just an extension to the amount of total players playing the server at a time. Rarity and difficulty wouldn't be changed just because the amount of players for a world type(red/blue) is scaled up, that doesn't mean a pokemon/item/etc would become less rare.

Imagine there was Red 1 and Red 2, Blue 1 and Blue 2 where red and blue were different saved, 1 and 2 are extensions to the saves allowing for more players to play each red/blue server.

138695 What's the point of having the same progress on two different servers, anyway?

Well, the thing about that is ((keep in mind I haven't played this game since mid last year)) it was shocking to try to login to the red server and meet a queue, then swap to the blue server, log in immediately, and have all my progress wiped. If this game actually was concerned about queues and server loads they *could* offer an item that many many mmos offer via cash transaction called a "server transfer" that was everyone doesn't have to flood into the red server and wait 40 minutes to play if they don't want to. unless this is all some scheme to sell premium membership with the promise of priority queues (if this is even being offered).

so there are two options now stated to help the servers out a tad for the players: consistent servers, or a simple transfer of character between said servers

138006 It'd be impossible to do, they've said this before. Not to mention it's better to keep the servers separate for obvious economical reasons.

And this, "economical reasons", this games economy is brokenly pricey by design if you haven't noticed. moving past nothing being "impossible" online I would like to point to one of the most horrid examples of what a broken economy in an mmo actually looks like, Maplestory, and yet that game offers server transfers and is quite clear that they want to keep the individual server economies in tact, that meaning they limit the money you can bring and the items you can take with you.

First of all if you could transfer to other servers whenever you want then what's even the point of separate servers?

Second, if they realize the "server transfer card (or whatever)" won't the people that paid have a big advantage with their past pokemon on Red server. Basically, it would be like staffers selling their legendary pokemon on the trade channel (I know it's an over-sized comparison, but it's similiar. Basically you get your nice pokemon while you leave the players that played normally on Blue in the dust).

Third, with your accumulated resources that are way bigger than a player's in Blue Server you can progress way faster (including special zones, again trading and buying out). Check out the Blue server economy and see.

There are a lot of cons in your suggestion, I just wrote some of them down

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.

0dAeKBv.png

138580 I'm aware that they've claimed that multiple times; however, it certainly would not be impossible to do. It may take a little effort(apparently more than they're willing to exert) but its completely possible.

Doing this would cause both the servers to crash every time it tried to autosave. With that being every 4 minutes, this is a no go.

mM8upD5.gif

[glow=magenta]I am but a humble Former GM / Moderator.[/glow]

[glow=magenta]Do not PM me for ban concerns. I will either ignore or just delete them.[/glow]

138580 I'm aware that they've claimed that multiple times; however, it certainly would not be impossible to do. It may take a little effort(apparently more than they're willing to exert) but its completely possible.

Doing this would cause both the servers to crash every time it tried to autosave. With that being every 4 minutes, this is a no go.

I don't think what your saying is the case because a lot of games use an auto save feature at 4-8 minutes between with multiple servers basically joined at the hip. It is entirely possible for PRO to do the same thing with the proper work put into coding said system and paying for a Red 1 and Red 2 and Blue 1 and Blue 2 but this is all here say because servers don't pop up out of thin air, they're crazy expensive and while I do know the profit gain on PRO's first week out of alpha (words I got from Shane) I don't know what the game makes now so supporting 4 servers may be out of reach.

Nothing is really impossible with coding you just have to figure out a way to do it, well I might add.

“Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.”