All Pokemon's PvE Viability Tier List - Work in Progress

Bhimoso

Similar to the guide I already made on each Pokemon Description + nature + ability + brief explanation for newbies, I am currently working on making a tier list of all the Pokemon currently released in PRO for PvE content (NOT PVE). This will attempt to shine light onto pokemon such as Dustox or Minun which can actually be more useful than actual PvP pokemon in PvE with very specific builds. This is also a guide to let people run in PvE content with less used pokemon, often ignored that they think they'd normally throw away. This is just a project for fun!

The tier list will range from: S (the best possible options in PvP), A (great options), B (good options), C (okay options, can be substituted easily), D (bad options, there's just better and don't have any unique niche) and F (absolute trash, literally unusable no matter how hard I try to find a set for this). After 7 years of playing the game and a few thousand hours I intend to continue making Newbie oriented content. This time I'd like to shine some light onto less common options. I will be using pictures and text to explain my choices. At the bottom you will have an extra Tier List for Legendaries and Forms you can use in PvE, in case you're interested.

Note that this is a for fun guide, informative as much as I can, but opinions are always to be debated!

^this guide is currently in progress as I am currently eating a Kebab while I type this :^)

Classifying criteria:

-How difficult are they to use?

-Do they require TMs/HMs/Tutors to function properly?

-Do you need items to make them work?

-Are they hard to obtain?

-Are they hard to evolve?

-Are they hard to level up?

GOD TIER

These pokemon are good in ALL situations (PvE, PvP, Bosses, Quests, etc). They're absolute gods in Story and PvE content which is what matters the most. They're incredibly powerful, easy to abuse, they don't require many TMs or HMs or tutors, they are easy to obtain (in most cases) and even with low IVs they can still be extremely useful. They're also very easy to level up and evolve in their Preevolution stages (mostly). There's pokemon that don't FULLY fit these requirements (like Chansey or Dragonite as they are a bit hard to hunt and train) but they are so absurdly overpowered that they are broken. They have massive stats, very good movesets and can function everywhere.

EXTREMELY GOOD

These pokemon are VERY good in almost all situations. Some of them might need some extra support with TMs or HMs or you might need some items to make them work. Sometimes you'll also need tutors. However, once you go through that effort, they will be permanently useful in your adventure in PRO. Some of them can be slightly outclassed by the God Tier section, however, they are still REALLY worth using and training through your Story and PvE adventure! Some of them are even useful for PvP too.

GOOD

These pokemon are generally good options for PvE and Story content. Some of these however need some help from TM, HM or Tutors to work properly and might need some extra support by buying items or evolution stones, also paying for their tutors. These options are still good! However, they'll sometimes be outclassed. But this is bound to happen anyway. These are always options to consider.

OKAY TO USE

These pokemon are okay. They have a lot of issues that prevent them from being good in PvP (which is why you might not see any of them ever used there) because they are completely outclassed. Some of them can be extremely overpowered in PvE at very specific things (Dodrio is a great example of an amazing PvE Flying type) but they require a lot of pokedollar investment, tutors and research to make them work properly. And even at that, there's just better options. These are options that I only recommend in story and sometimes in Bossing/PvE.

BAD

These are just bad options in PvE content. Unless you REALLY know what you are doing, do not use these. They are extremely lackluster or borderline useless. There's almost no way to make them work.

UNOBTAINABLE/LEGENDARIES/MEGAEVOS/FORMS/UNEVOLVED FORMS

Here's the unobtainable stuff and things you normally won't use in PvE until the lategame (like Megaevolutions and Legendary Pokemon).

GENERATION 1 - KANTO

770377672_GEN1.png.f0aafd3925590ed4bd0636304e643beb.png

GENERATION 2 - JOHTO

johto.png.355207a4be61b4c203c95663e7a4517c.png

GENERATION 3 - HOENN

hoenn.png.6f97bf1252a7b1dfb40e1f9c7fcb4cca.png

GENERATION 4 - SINNOH

sinnoh.png.79a27ddec98944b8dcaade44f99b9689.png

GENERATION 5 - UNOVA

unova.png.329c007dcb10aa90d55b36b6cf46cd22.png

GENERATION 6 - KALOS

GENERATION 7 - ALOLA

GENERATION 8 - GALAR

GENERATION 9 - PALDEA

Edited by Bhimoso
  • Like 3

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!