Level Scaling

Red

Just to let you know. Today I am introducing the NPC traders to the game. One of them will help with gyms and so on. And Merse, that is why there is a Budew there in Viridian. It's not hard to catch and will help with first gyms. Gawerty, I am yet to run through Johto. Will do it today most likely.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

Gawerty, hopefully Pikachu will NOT be the starting Pokémon for Johto (and I doubt it will be). I think they (staff) gave us Pikachu in order to get us passed the first gym a little quicker during the testing phase.

If Pikachu isn't the starting Pokémon, then the first gym is a LOT harder. You can catch a Mareep or Geodude before facing Faulkner, but none of the Johto starters are super effective against him like the Kanto starters are against Brock. Honestly, I think many trainers will be blown away during their first trip to the Violet City gym because they'll underestimate Faulkner.

Personally, I think the difficulty for the first gym is spot on when you take everything into consideration.

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee