Level Scaling

Red

Post your feedback, suggestions and others regarding gym levels and elite 4. Remember the goal is to have you training to win against strong trainers. Reason why I changed the levels is because it was funny easy to defeat them before doing little or no effort at all.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

I also like this idea of a harder game. Seems this way the trainer will need to train a little more and have some efforts to overcome difficulties along the way. This increases the motivation to become even more stronger.

EZrqsq6.png

I totally agree with these changes, a easy game means faster game, and i think it's not the objective of PRO. We need a game that makes we think a few times before fighting a Gym Leader, in the anime and mangas we don't see easy ways for the trainers wins their battles.

Have the wild Pokémon been scaled any at all?

Not planning to boost wild levels. It kills the idea of scaling the gyms and e4. But I am going to make one awesome area for higher level training. I might even do one in a few minutes.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

I am and always was for slow leveling as grinding is part of MMOs. Plus it teaches players to hunt.

BUT! I think that progress to the first 1-2 gyms should be faster, so grinding wouldn't scare casual players away. And I know you can relatively easily pass the first three gyms if you pick the right starter and catch the specific Pokes, but as I said, we should think of casual players as well, so I think there should be some more NPCs with relatively easy teams to help reach level 10-15 with practically any team more easily. Then newbies can learn how to train for tougher gyms :D

Right, as per the release of the testing phase of Johto, I noticed something... A lot of the levels and npcs in johto make for an easy start and up too the second gym, you really don't have to train. If you catch a hoothoot and train it to 25, you can easily defeat bugsy. While having a pikachu as your starter for the first gym, almost guarrantees you will win if you learn electro ball and hit 15. Which doesn't take long.

Food for thought, but I think Johto needs to be balanced more. I don't know what the plans for regions are, I'd heard they would be paired, like Kanto and Johto, you pick one and start and then take your high levels to the next region, and then start over in Hoenn and take those high levels over to sinnoh (When they're even in the pipelines of course) but I think with how Johto is set up, it would be really easy to zoom through it currently. At least the beginning.

“Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.”