Add match timers in ranked

Yoyomane

On 5/2/2023 at 7:49 PM, Yoyomane said:

Thank you'll for the +1 too bad the people that stall and the admins are close buddies so this request will most likely never happen . I guarantee tho there would be a skill gap with match based timers. Heres the thing turn timers only rewards stallers wen the timer resets every turn. I don't care how yall try to justify your reasons add a match timer and that doesn't reset cuz I guarantee all of the stallers would fold under pressure.

The worst part is that you have so little knowledge of the topic you are complaining of, that you think the timer resets every turn.

Edited by Olker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Developer

On 4/22/2023 at 1:26 AM, Yoyomane said:

In other pokemon online games there are match timers that force players to attack so they don't lose to the timer due to default being number of pokemon unable to battle on their team.

Hello, that's precisely how it works in PRO too. Each player begins with 180 seconds and receives an additional 15 seconds for every turn taken, up to a maximum of 180 seconds.

If they fail to make a move within the allotted time, they will lose the game.

It's only in this game where players can get away with hit and run cat and mouse tactics.

Could you provide a more detailed explanation of how other games approach this differently?

You guys need to limit the amount of mons that can be affected by status moves during a match while still alive or add a match timer cuz no one uses actual physical attacks they just use status moves and stall.

Can you give an example of another game that does that?

• Like 2