Encounter Rate

Scaydi

This topic maybe was already made, but I have to pull it out of my chest. It could be taken as suggestion or complain if you want it.

I love this game, and I didn't understand at first why so many things are not included, such as Flying, Breeding... etc... But I understand now, and I accepted it and moved on. But now here is something I just do not understand, but also makes me feel lot of frustration and that my time here is a waste of time, instead of lot of fun moments. I will explain why I feel like this next.

When I start any Pokemon game, I love to go search for Staryu, due Starmie is my favorite Pokemon ever in life. And it is normally NOT that hard to find it. So I tried here, I been spending/wasting 6 hours in getting one, but still no luck at all. So I moved on, due you can find one in Olivine (which is still so far for me). And I went for the other Pokemon I wanted, and 3 of them are in Safari, I paid 15k-20k so far, and only found Rhyhorn (A very bad IVs and Nature one). But I haven't found any of the other "rare" Pokemon there, I was not looking for them but no "Rare" encounters after that Rhyhorn in ALL the time I was there.

I have 2 friend in PRO and both look for their favorite Pokemon for hours and no luck, also everyone looks for Dratini and I haven't seen any of them anywhere.

We don't have Breeding for when we find bad Stats super rare Pokemon, like the Rhyhorn I got. And some of us want to catch our own Pokemon, or just not to waste 50k in a good one.

My beg, petition, suggestion or whatever you want to call it is... Please, please, fix the Encounter Rate. Make Pokemon harder to catch if you want, so people has to buy tons of Pokeballs. But please fix the Encounter rate, at least make it like Pokemon games, cause its so frustrating looking for good Pokemon and finding none but Common ones. We have to pay real for even rarest Pokemon, and in the free MS week I had I found probably just 1.

You will give me lot of complicated answers to this, or will tell me you discussed it and you will not change it, like anything else, probably, but I had to tell this. Your game is so awesome, but I wish instead of being stressed out looking for 1 Pokemon, I would have lot of fun.

Thank you for reading this.

[glow=magenta]Let the flowing current of bountiful imagination shards gather altogether and give birth to a new version of what your disillusioning society knows as 'World'.[/glow]

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a simple answer for you. You are looking at the wrong place and most likely wrong timing as well. Staryu will mostly spawn during night. And as Merse said, spawns are indeed easy when you look at them mathematically. That being said, every area I managed to finish so far is under 100% correct formula based on several factors I wont mention, but you get the picture.

Now to answer, why some spawns are easier. Well pretty much because if they were any harder, chances of you getting viable Pokemon will be super low. You may get a dratini, and even 5 of them today but what is the chance of that Dratini being viable as an attacker and special attacker or rain version of Dragonite with hurricane? That being said, you need a certain nature, ability and certain IV set. Math behind this is pretty simple, some Pokemon might be easier, but viable version of them wont be, let alone shiny versions for collectors. To give you a small hint, 5 rarest Pokemon should spawn at least 3 times per day. Pokemon somewhere in range with Staryu should spawn a lot more often. Then again, it depends if you are fishing or surfing for it.

I dare to say people might even have troubles getting actual viable Pokemon when you look at them as a competitive battler or a collector. Those Pokemon will always have their value. You will need to learn the difference between "wow a dratini catch" and "wow an adamant max speed dratini catch". pretty simple. Someone with handful of viable Pokemon will be known trainer. Not in a league with people who play for a week or buy their way into the game as you can see in other similar games.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

But how is that me and my friends saw very very few Staryu's being actually caught in Kanto, when there are TONs of Abras. I spent so long in Staryu which is not even a OverUsed Pokemon, and lot of money (which I need for my guild) in trying to get Tauros, a good Rhyhorn or at least a good Chansey. None of them showed in Safari but, like I said before a bad Rhyhorn. I been playing since Alpha but made it to Fuschia, and no matter how hard I try, those not-so-rare Pokemon never appear for me.

[glow=magenta]Let the flowing current of bountiful imagination shards gather altogether and give birth to a new version of what your disillusioning society knows as 'World'.[/glow]

Yeah, it is VERY low. I speak from experience as well... buuuut there's not much we can do about it. This MMO was designed to be a challenge after all, a hardcore environment setting itself a part from all competitors.

Need a hand building a team that can withstand any threat?

Check out my Team Building guide below!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=2673

n6B7FWg.png--->0rljaJC.png

Yeah, it is VERY low. I speak from experience as well... buuuut there's not much we can do about it. This MMO was designed to be a challenge after all, a hardcore environment setting itself a part from all competitors.

I understand about the MMO challenging part, but the game itself is about battling and cute Pokemon and adventuring, spending/wasting so many hours in catching a single Pokemon is more stressing, TO ME, than fun/exciting/challenging.

@mustaches If it is about economy, why not making people harder to catch instead of hard to find? Cause I will never spend 10k-50k in a Staryu, specially when I love to catch my own Pokemon.