Want to start a reverse auction (need help before hold up a real one)

Luckytea

Please excuse me first if I posted in the wrong section for asking about my strange type of auction - my unique give away activitiy

Is it allowed to have a reverse auction? - in my term/mind, here is the explanation
- the price will start from the high specific price then go down until 1 pokedollar, I will edit every hours following the auction rule I set up right in the auction post

- the auction will be stopped when someone wants to buy at the cost of that current time

- there's no insta with unpredictable changes of amount of money and time (e.g. reduce 200k in 1 hour or 600k in 3 hours depening on me)

=> it's like there will be no bid from the buyers but expect who is the fastest one post "want to buy" at any time

I hope my instruction is clear. Please provide me some comments if this would work or just simply leave any reaction for agreement

More importantly, I just want to make sure I am able to do this kind of auction with no prohibition
Thanks all!

Edited by Luckytea
update
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Q25 said:

well basicly insta price is 1 pokedollar then xd anyone could just insta easily 

I see, but only the fastest one will win, there's no insta
Imagine 100 people wait for 1 pokedollar,  who knows?
btw, it's like a give away but I want a bit challenge for everyone 

Edited by Luckytea

@Luckytea Hmm. I don't know man

"the price will start from the high specific price then go down until 1 pokedollar, I will edit every hours following the auction rule I set up right in the auction post"

So if it starts at whatever number, it'll of course come down to 1 pokedollar eventually (being a reverse auction), and you say the fastest person wins. Is it really that challenging? Not sure I see the excitement, or thrill of this...unless I'm not getting it. May also require adjusting auction rules (introducing a new auction variant), maybe more work for trade moderators. Not only that, you're also wanting to dictate how much people are aloud to bid probably, so 1k goes to 999, then 998, and not going straight to 1. Maybe more appropriate for some off-topic fun, than auction. I'll admit my 1 dollar auctions are dumb, but this has the potential to be dumber (and maybe even creating more of a mockery out of the process), in my opinion

PS But on a positive note, good thinking of ideas!

Edited by Lacomus
  • Like 1

Discord: lacoisi

IGN: Lacomus

20 minutes ago, Lacomus said:

@Luckytea Hmm. I don't know man

"the price will start from the high specific price then go down until 1 pokedollar, I will edit every hours following the auction rule I set up right in the auction post"

So if it starts at whatever number, it'll of course come down to 1 pokedollar eventually (being a reverse auction), and you say the fastest person wins. Is it really that challenging? Not sure I see the excitement, or thrill of this...unless I'm not getting it. May also require adjusting auction rules (introducing a new auction variant), maybe more work for trade moderators. Not only that, you're also wanting to dictate how much people are aloud to bid probably, so 1k goes to 999, then 998, and not going straight to 1. Maybe more appropriate for some off-topic fun, than auction. I'll admit my 1 dollar auctions are dumb, but this has the potential to be dumber (and maybe even creating more of a mockery out of the process), in my opinion

PS But on a positive note, good thinking of ideas!

I think the idea is that he starts with high price and HE calls lower prices during time. The man who accept the current price will win (bid are not made by others, so it is not sure that price will go to 1 because someone could take it for higher price to be sure he is the one who takes it). It's like calling to take the pokemon when you think the current price is worth to pay. I hope i understood this correctly

• Like 2

Come to Small&Cheap Barze Pokeshop!

Click and look for something you like!

Senzatitolo.png.418e1191c927ebfc332d146471837a0a.png

22 minutes ago, Barze97 said:

Probably calling this an auction is not appropriate, right. I think in someway this thing is similar to ask people for offer and take the higher offer, but done in a cool way

Well said @Barze97 you got my mind

So I can't call this a kind of auction but what terms is suitable and which section can I set up the activity @Lacomus

Edited by Luckytea
  • Like 1