Srsly, how to counter 6x stall?

Klixzzz

Hello, so far ive done like 80 Rankeds on blue and i mostly win vs "normal" teams, but i feel like 99% ppl run stuff like blissey,skarmory,milotic +3 other things that can just heal & stall forever.

Atm i have Politoed drizzle + swift swim kingdra, MAchamp, skarmory, will o wisp/taunt/roost/psyshock mew & a blissey myself.

But even with taunt etc, they just keep swapping til im either out of PP or whatever, i just cant win. This team isnt done yet and i wanna change a lot still, but overall -

What can you do vs teams that literally run 6x recover/softboil/other heal moves?

I rek them with lugia, but as you can't do that, there are some other options. all involving predicting pokemon switches and counters.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

As my noob colleuge mentioned, you can easily scout out switches and teams, also adding entry hazzards to make switching a bit more difficult, you'll gain a slight advantage against your opponent. Even stallers have weaknesses :)

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

stall the stall :| Sableye is an excellent anti stall pokemon that, well, stalls himself. His ability to always get taunt off before the opposition (thanks to prankster) usually renders most tanks useless (skarm / blissey / venu). Combine that with wisp + knock off and its only a matter of time before they go down.

That said, azumaril also has the potential to break stall teams. But this requires a couple of things to go your way. One, you need to invest speed on your azumaril (this is uncommon, but works vs stall teams as they are usually slow anyway). What's important is that azu outspeeds poke like venu (aqua jet cant kill venu even at +6) and milo (haze removes your boost). Besides that sturdy users like donphan and skarm can either survive the hit and take out azu or force azu out, though taking some serious damage in doing so. Talon is also a good wall breaker having access to taunt / wisp to aid set up opportunities.

mLcUOgl - Imgur.png

147042 stall the stall :| Sableye is an excellent anti stall pokemon that, well, stalls himself. His ability to always get taunt off before the opposition (thanks to prankster) usually renders most tanks useless (skarm / blissey / venu). Combine that with wisp + knock off and its only a matter of time before they go down.

That said, azumaril also has the potential to break stall teams. But this requires a couple of things to go your way. One, you need to invest speed on your azumaril (this is uncommon, but works vs stall teams as they are usually slow anyway). What's important is that azu outspeeds poke like venu (aqua jet cant kill venu even at +6) and milo (haze removes your boost). Besides that sturdy users like donphan and skarm can either survive the hit and take out azu or force azu out, though taking some serious damage in doing so. Talon is also a good wall breaker having access to taunt / wisp to aid set up opportunities.

It's easier said than done. I almost never use status moves vs sableyes (unless I overpredicted). And a good venu/milotic user always put some spd ev to pass 199 breakpoint (although, as my friends reported some even run a jolly azu to counter that.. so nothing is 100% safe lol).

My adivise is, to break those walls u should play unpredictable: try double switch, risky stay in..

U also can build some unusual, creative sets to lure out and break certain walls so ur sweeper can make a good play later.. So I highly recommend special scizor w. Airslash and physical gengar w. Ice punch, Explosion....kidding. But things like special blissey, tyranitar, dragonite even gyarados is possible to try.

Gy7V5xS.png

Special thanks for Kyuuta for making this awesome sign.