simple XP balance fix

Quibus

Short story:

raising the level of pokemon in some select places (like cerulean cave) to lvl 70, 80, 90 or even 100 would make training in the wild viable again while trainer tower would still be the better, faster (albeit more expensive) option.

Long story:

The new experience system has changed the way that we have to train our pokemon. For lower levels I think this change has been extremely positive, but training pokemon from lvl 60 to lvl 100 has become a lot harder with conventional methods. The trainer tower was designed to remedy this by offering a quicker way to train, for a price. The idea is very nice, but there's a problem here that I would like to adress (and offer a possible sollution). The difference between training in trainer tower and in the wild is huge. It's practically impossible to train a pokemon to lvl 100 in the wild now, which basically means that people are forced to pay the fee for trainer tower just to get a pokemon to lvl 100. The problem I see is that there's no real alternative. If you don't  want to pay money you'll simply spend an inordinate amount of time to train a pokemon to lvl 100 compared to people who can pay the fee for trainer tower. This is important for relatively new players who just spent all of their money on a new bike and are preparing to face red and the elite 4 or players who simply don't have a lot of money to spend. The main source of income for most players are the bosses, and for that you already need lvl 100 pokemon! I'm not saying that the new exp system is too slow (or too fast). I'll leave that up for discussion in other threads. The problem is more that the difference in xp gain (for example: fighting in cerulean vs trainer tower) is too big.

The way I see it, there are 2 different sollutions to make trainer tower a faster alternative option compared to regular training, instead of the 'only' way to get a pokemon to level up at higher levels:

- make trainer tower harder (lower lvl pokemon) to make it less advantageous (yet still worth the costs!) to train there. This would probably make a lot of players unhappy, but it would mean that players who train in the wild are not as much at a disadvantage.

or (and this is the sollution I propose):

- add more higher level pokemon to the wild; for example, raising the level of pokemon in some select places (like cerulean cave) to lvl 70, 80, 90 or even 100; which would provide players with a viable alternative to train in the wild without paying a fee. I would personally prefer this option because it also adresses a lot of other concerns with people who complain that training pokemon is too hard now. It's also the easiest sollution to implement in my opinion.

Both of these options would allow people to actually make a choice when they decide how (and how fast) they want to train their pokemon. Paying for trainer tower should offer the players a faster way to gain levels, but it should not be the only viable option to train. A simple raise in the level of some wild encounters would already make a huge difference in my opinion.

Edited by Quibus
  • Like 2

IN SHORT: REMOVE YOUR NEW XP SYSTEM GIVE US THE OLD ONE BACK, DONT BREAK WHAT ISNT BROKEN.

CLEAR CASH SINK MONEY GRAB.

LONG STORY:

All they need to do, is remove there new cash sink trainer tower xp method, and give us back the old method that there was nothing wrong with..... Return it exactly back to how it was, and then maybe like you said add the trainer tower to give even higher xp for cash.... rather than lowering wild training in for example as you stated cerulean, to near Impossible, its a joke and CLEARLY a cash sink they have purposely Implemented, which has literally made me feel like quitting the game totally, I'm only hanging on in hopes that they fix this new bs xp system, id rather play another poke mmo at this rate, it's not like we can even level just 1 poke anymore, I have a box of pokes to level, and it's a pain finding ones within the 9 level gap to take in as a 6 to make the 9k payment price for  worse exp than I used to get In ceru for free, it's also the only reason a lot of people do certain in game quests eg blackthorn, ceru cave, give us our xp system back, before u lose your playerbase, all you have done is annoyed pvp and pve players alike. I've met 1 person who likes it. And constantly hear people complaining about it (TOTALLY UNDERSTANDIBLY) ITS A RIDICULOUS AND STUPID IMPLEMENTATION, imo. And was totally pointless. Why break something that wasn't broken? When they have so much in game that IS broken

The only way these new trainers towers would be a good addition is if you give us the old xp method back, and make these trainer towers even higher xp than old xp. But with the payments you have in place.

Edited by Huntedcrow
Typo's additional info
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Daiski said:

I agree This system is a step in the wrong direction most people don't like it

Exactly, if they just implemented it as a even higher xp yield place and left our normal xp alone sort of like "ev training" a place u can pay for EVEN better.. thats different. But all they have done is rob us of our xp, I literally refuse to use the new system, I'm now just back catching mons til they fix it. And by fix it, I mean remove it. 🤣 I don't know who's idea this was. But they severely messed up. It'd a shame they didn't get it right, all they had to do was add a tower that u paid to enter, and had higher lvl mons in than cerulean cave... it wad really THAT SIMPLE. Rather than reworking the entire xp system, give us the old one backkkkk please foe the love of pokemon 🤣

Edited by Huntedcrow
Additional info

All of you seem to not understand the actual point of this system. This exp system is better for every new player playing the story while also being viable for old player to train their pkmn up to high levels. 
The only issue the current system has is that training in the wild after level 70 simple takes way too much time. The trainer tower is a really good addition to the game, however the trainer tower should A option for high level training and not THE option for high level training. 

The new system is better for the future of the game and should stay. Whoever disagrees is simply not able to adapt or simply just cries for the sake crying. All the new system needs are small buffs/adjustments to a few things.

Edited by Callmerengod