simple XP balance fix

Quibus

• 1 month later...

I agree, there needs to be more areas for high level training without having for fork out cash just to train. Its nearly impossible to level up 70-100 now with this new system in place. It only caters to the new players going through the story or rich people who have the cash to afford using the trainer tower. A casual player will never be able to get enough cash to afford that system easily. There are no areas outside trainer tower to level up at a decent pace anymore since it has been implemented.

I took a break for a year and just barely came back. been playing since 2016 and this change is very not friendly for a casual player.

This system is a step in a right direction, but it should not be locked behind a money sink. So to reiterate, yes. We need other areas to train high level mon without having to fork out cash, even if its a tad bit slower than what it was before. Give us options, not make it the only way to level up.

Im honestly on the verge of just quitting since nothing that they have been setting polls up about have been implemented yet. (pc box rework/auction house etc...)

Unlike some of you I don't agree that the old xp system is better BUT .... I share the view of most of the community here that we need a free alternative to the trainer tower.

For the ev training we have the ev training routes which take a bit more time than the safari evs area and also we have to wait for the morning/day/night or travel.

I'm for a free way to train our poke even if it takes slightly more time than the trainer tower, that would make sense.

It was proposed that we raise the lvls of poke in cerulean cave. Why not ? +1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2023 at 8:28 PM, Callmerengod said:

All of you seem to not understand the actual point of this system. This exp system is better for every new player playing the story while also being viable for old player to train their pkmn up to high levels. 
The only issue the current system has is that training in the wild after level 70 simple takes way too much time. The trainer tower is a really good addition to the game, however the trainer tower should A option for high level training and not THE option for high level training. 

The new system is better for the future of the game and should stay. Whoever disagrees is simply not able to adapt or simply just cries for the sake crying. All the new system needs are small buffs/adjustments to a few things.

Well, for me, you are wrong. You spend much time to level up in everywhere, in the trainer tower too. The problem isn't pay, the problem is u pay and lose more time than before. If you want to create a "goldden hole", don't create a form to make a thing worst, to give a paid option worst the older option. Want to make me spend my "money"? sure, but give a good tool for it. Don't make my game worst and expensive. Why don't implement leveling in daycare like the original games? I will pay smiling. Why don't make a big xp bonus in tower, in a new option, more expensive, but using less time of my life to do. Finally, about new players: First - The problem is don't explain in tutorial about evolve pokemon will demand more xp to level up, you choose if u will evolve or not. Now u don't have choice, u will spend more time every way. Second- How many time you need to do the history? a month? and after? a fake easier begin will help u in the future? 

15 hours ago, Samucaoo2 said:

Well, for me, you are wrong. You spend much time to level up in everywhere, in the trainer tower too. The problem isn't pay, the problem is u pay and lose more time than before. If you want to create a "goldden hole", don't create a form to make a thing worst, to give a paid option worst the older option. Want to make me spend my "money"? sure, but give a good tool for it. Don't make my game worst and expensive. Why don't implement leveling in daycare like the original games? I will pay smiling. Why don't make a big xp bonus in tower, in a new option, more expensive, but using less time of my life to do. Finally, about new players: First - The problem is don't explain in tutorial about evolve pokemon will demand more xp to level up, you choose if u will evolve or not. Now u don't have choice, u will spend more time every way. Second- How many time you need to do the history? a month? and after? a fake easier begin will help u in the future? 

This is simply wrong, the Trainer Tower is the fastest leveling option we ever had so far (besides spamming rare candies of course). There is a good reason you have to pay for such a fast way of leveling. I still think the game NEEDS a free spot for leveling, which then obviously has to be a bit worse than the Trainer Tower.

• 3 weeks later...