-- How to beat Johto E4 --

Shamac

198686 isn't Gengar alone good enough for all of them?

or do you need moor stats if you go Gengar only?

Personally, I don't recommend you solo Gengar with E4, at least if you want try it, you will need lv100 Gengar. By solo pokemon, you take your own risk as nothing can predictable. Try at least 2 pokemon or one bulky tank for help you to revive other pokemon in emergency case.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

198695 Personally, I don't recommend you solo Gengar with E4, at least if you want try it, you will need lv100 Gengar. By solo pokemon, you take your own risk as nothing can predictable. Try at least 2 pokemon or one bulky tank for help you to revive other pokemon in emergency case.

i am close to lvl 100 with my Gengar but i will try to get another pkmn to be 100% sure of beating them

thank you

<3eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2kuZ3lhem8uY29tL3RodW1iLzEyMDAvX2Y0YTM0MDY2NzNjNjI2NWVmYjc3OGRkZWQ0NjMxMmYzLXBuZy5qcGcifQ.wC1zQ4VPnIz2EhAEBqlOYCPJVCY.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So after many fails I finally manage to beat them. I changed the strategy a little bit since my lvl100 Gengar was not 1hit kill some of the pokes.

Gyarados lvl 95 - Crunch, Aqua Tail, Icy Wind, Dragons Dance

a8ac3e180d4744448b329e05673101e0.png

1 - Will - Lead: Gyarados - Use DD 3-4x, you will find yourself really low health, 1hit kill them all using Crunch.

2 - Koga - Lead: Gyarados - Use DD 5-6x, 1hit kill them using ice wind/aqua tail

3 - Bruno - Lead: Gyarados - Use DD 5-6x, 1hit kill them using ice wind/aqua tail

4 - Karen - Lead: Gyarados - Use DD 5-6x, 1hit kill them using ice wind/aqua tail

Here is where I found a bit of diff

5 - Lance - Lead: Gyarados - Use DD 3-4x, you will find yourself really low health, 1hit kill Charizard with Aqua.

Gengar comes into play, since I could not 1 hit kill Lance's Gyarados, and finish with psychic.

Next dragons were only using Earthquake and Gengar could easily finish them all.

No pots, No revives used, only PP berrys.

Thanks for the topic that could helped me and thats it guys, gl hf

(Sry about my bad english, feel free to correct anything, I appreciate the support a lot)

• 2 months later...

MY STRATEGY

0043ab10883e4014bc6b75f5e52aeefd.png

44bb1aed557e4166804502be9f635575.png

WILL

Gengar lead using Shadow Ball for Bronzong, Jynx, Grumpig, Slowbro and Grardevoir.

For Mega Alakazam was my pokemon slow, so I let my Gengar die, and switched to Dragonite and used Dragon Claw.

KOGA

Dragonite lead using dragon dance 5/6 times versus Skuntank.

After that, Dragonite lead using Dragon Claw for Skuntank, Venomoth, Toxicroak, Muk and Mega Beedrill.

For Crobat, Dragonite can use Thunder Punch or Dragon Claw.

BRUNO

Gengar lead using pyschic for Hitmontop and Hitmonlee. Then he switches to Dragonite and uses dragon dance 5/6 times verus Hariyama.

After using dragon dance 5/6 times, Dragonite uses Dragon Claw for Hariyama, Mega Lucario and Machop.

KAREN

Dragonite lead using Dragon Claw for Weavile and Absol.

After that, he uses dragon dance 5/6 times versus Spiritomp.

Then he uses Dragon Claw for Mega Houndoom and Thunder Punch or Dragon Claw for Honchkrow.

LANCE</B><B>

Dragonite lead using dragon dance 5/6 times versus Charizard.

After that, Dragonite uses Thunder Punch for Charizard, Gyarados and Altaria. For Garchomp and Mega Salamence, he uses Dragon Claw

hope this helps if you still struggle :)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So compared to the Kanto E4 how much stronger is the Johto E4? I beat the Kanto E4 with a full team of pokemon between level 76-78 without too much trouble. Planning to do it with a team of Typhlosion (meh) Gyarados, Weavile, Gengar (good IV's/nature/fully EV trained) Alakazam, Ampharos (decent but EV trained) and put them at level 80.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...