Cosmetic Color Change Item

Drachenfluch

Dear Playerbase,

Dear Team,

to further expand the individuality of the in-game character, you could create an item that gives you the opportunity to customize your character and stand out from the crowd.

I was thinking of a color change item that allows the player to freely choose the color of the cosmetics, this would of course also be conceivable for mounts.

This would bring a huge variety to the game.

Name ideas would be a "color bomb", for example.

Maybe u will find the idea interesting and push this post so that it can be considered.

Thank you for following my idea so far, good luck with hunting.

Best regards,

Drachenfluch

• Like 2

Hello @Drachenfluch.

It would be fairly difficult with the systems we have on hand ,and would most likely require changing all accessories . First idea comes to mind in regards to a system like that would be to take all sheets for cosmetics ,and set it to a set hue for example a certain shade of whites ,and greys to make sure the color pallete was limited all across the board. Then take the color changing item that could take random colorful hues based on a wide color pallete set of shades that could give the ability to change colors. 

Perhaps an easier medium would be to have an item that could trade out already made separate color sheets to change it as it goes. For example if you had white angel wings ,and wanted to change to black or orange. Still this could be quite extensive coding wise due to all the different variety's

Then there could be another situation where you could make a new item ,and apply a random color change hue item to it ,and only for special related clothing that come forward that could offer such things. However since this requires coding ,and im just an artist not a developer ,and theres other systems that take priority at the moment it may not be the most immediately feasible system to peruse such an thing for right now.

This post is by no means a guarantee of any systems I described above ,but just to offer some thoughts in regards to your suggestion. The art team loves to read feedback ,and get player thoughts in regards to all art related stuff in PRO.

Best regards ,and Merry Christmas,

-Poochyena

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

Hello, we already have such a system for hair colors. However, extending this to existing cosmetics would mean recoloring every cosmetic, and making some color combinations almost impossible. That's why I'm doubtful about its feasibility. Another option would be to limit it to specific cosmetics, but that could confuse players.

I like the idea, but I don't think it's something we can add for now.

16 minutes ago, Eaty said:

Hello, we already have such a system for hair colors. However, extending this to existing cosmetics would mean recoloring every cosmetic, and making some color combinations almost impossible. That's why I'm doubtful about its feasibility. Another option would be to limit it to specific cosmetics, but that could confuse players.

I like the idea, but I don't think it's something we can add for now.

Adding it to specific cosmetics such as the ones won in competitions would be a great idea.