Whirlpool bug

13 hours ago, Noobveteran99 said:

Hello, i noticed that if a pokemon is traped with whirlpool move and uses substitute it becomes able to switch out is it a bug or pro mechanics ??

image.png.b519529c8dc1c682b51243c8565121f4.png

Hello @Noobveteran99

Whirlpool is a water type move(35 Base Power, 85% Accuracy) that inflicts damage upon hitting and then traps the target for a 4-5 turns, inflicting 1/8th of Maximum HP as damage at the end of each turn as well.

It is normal game mechanics as in original Pokemon platforms as well, that Whirlpool's trap can be broken by your opponent Pokemon using Substitute, when they also stop taking damage due to the vortex and the next turn they can freely switch out into another Pokemon.

Thus, it is not bugged in the game and is perfectly normal as what's shown in the battle log as well here as well as what @Laplase said to you here, which I appreciate and thank them for.

I hope that this answers your question. Feel free to ask if you have any more concerns regarding this.

Have a great day,

Fusionflair

image.gif.4659ccad55390ba490df6abd38f1be2b.gif

General Support / Bug Resolution / General Complaint Report Center / Discipline Appeals

Have a question, or facing an issue with something in the game?

->Make a thread to reach out to us in the correct subforum.

Please do not contact us for private support.

Know that, sharing your questions in forums can be useful to other players.

43 minutes ago, Noobveteran99 said:

ok Thank you for the clarification

Hiya @Noobveteran99

As there are no further questions from you, I will now lock this thread as resolved. You are very much welcome to create a new thread to reach out to us to report a bug and any other issues or questions, in the future.

Take care,

Fusionflair

image.gif.4659ccad55390ba490df6abd38f1be2b.gif

General Support / Bug Resolution / General Complaint Report Center / Discipline Appeals

Have a question, or facing an issue with something in the game?

->Make a thread to reach out to us in the correct subforum.

Please do not contact us for private support.

Know that, sharing your questions in forums can be useful to other players.