Synchronize Pokemon

Hi, in the game chat I see everyone talking about "sync" pokemon and "desired" nature.

Can anyone give me a quick rundown (or link) to how syncing and natures work? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello there! I would be more than happy to give you some information about synchronizing and desired natures of different Pokémon.

Firstly, every single Pokémon will have a nature. These natures effect the raw stats of the Pokémon both positively and negatively. For example, let's take a look at this Pikachu that comes from the PRO Wiki Page on Natures:

NaturesPok%C3%A9monCard.png

In this picture, there are a couple of things to note. Firstly, you can see the Nature is Lonely, but you can also see that the ATK stat is in green, and the DEF stat is in orange. This is due to the nature of the Pokémon. The stat in green will have a 10% additional gain to their raw stat, while the stat in orange will have a 10% loss in that raw stat. For more information regarding natures, I would recommend clicking the link that I posted above.

Secondly, desired natures are solely up to the discretion of the player. There are many different playstyles that incorporate different natures on different Pokémon. If you would like a good reference to look at when choosing a nature that might best fit your Pokémon for your team, a lot of players use Smogon which provides both stats, information, and oftenly used natures on any Pokémon you would like to search. 

Lastly, the word "sync" refers to the Synchronize ability that has a 50% chance to change the nature of a wild Pokémon to the nature of the Pokémon with the synchronize ability. If you would like some more information on the Synchronize ability here are some references you might find useful:

I hope this information was helpful to you. If you do have any more questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out!

- Codexed