Suggestions for Android Updates

Guest YourMomGr

Guest YourMomGr

The last PRO update was by far the worst update for android community and the reason behind this is the delay:15 days and counting. The one before that was released a week after the pc release and before those there was a delay of a couple of days at most.

[glow=red]And what was added in this update?[/glow] Some bugs, moves and clothes were added [glow=red]so why does this takes so long?[/glow] The reply is simple:android app has only one person working behind it and thats only shane. Now the point here is not to blame shane for the delay he has a life and he is one in charge of everything so its not easy to keep track of everything without any help.

Now we have to analyze what shane is doing with every android update:1)[glow=red]coding[/glow](idk how much time this takes at all and im sure it depends on the update) 2)[glow=red]decompiling[/glow](from some minutes to a few hours) 3)[glow=red]uploading[/glow](again this takes some minutes but some times media fire doesnt let you upload) [glow=red]So why does this take 15+ days when it could take 2-3 at most[/glow]?

1)[glow=red]he has no help[/glow]:stuff members, mappers, coders even community coordinators are pc players and cant help shane with android.

2)[glow=red]android players are not priority[/glow].As much as i hate to admit it the android players since they are minority they treated as minority. Often you would see replies like play on pc instead or this is an android only bug use the pc version to get pass it. Unfortunately some people dont own pc or their pc cant run it or just prefer to play on android.

[glow=red]Now that we know the problem lets go to the main point of this post:how can we have faster updates?[/glow]

1)[glow=red]from our end we should organize[/glow]. Have an organized android community inside the forum is key. Even thoughmany people report bugs or complaining about update every day they are not organized and the replies they get are ''we have no ETA''. So we need a voice we need android stuff members to represent us and we also need to give shane a hand. If a couple of us know how to code in android or decompile they will help shane work faster. And if a couple of community coordinators stress shane or the others to how important the android update is they might work harder

2)[glow=red]from their end they should take android more seriously[/glow]. Specifically in this update they should wait for when android update was ready to simultaneously release both updates.instead they released a minor update for only the 2/3 of players to enjoy.. This screams inequality. Even if no one volunteers for stuff member as android representative one of the existing members should focus more on android community being related to their problems and help them solve them..

Anyway commend bellow your own solutions and your oppinion regarding this topic.and i hope some android players with programming knowledge can help shane to speed this up. I really hope we get our update soon and the next update wont be as delayed as this one.

157228 Then why not release the pc client alongside with the android client? I know theres a few bug fixes but i dont think that its needed right away.

Anyway this is just my two cents :)

Considering we needed a client update to test some Pre-release hoenn stuff, android wasnt needed.

The upcoming bunch of updates and features are actually aimed at improving playability for both PC and android users. So it really pisses me off when people say we don't care about android users. Android version was due to be released but shane had to take a family trip, something he wont be back from until 2morro. And with some of the new features nearing 90% coded, there is no point in compiling and releasing a half baked android port. Shane is the only client coder. And things take time to finish. Things won't be done within 2.3 seconds.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

I think android is not necessary for now because the server only has capacity for 1800 people, when playing with android the server fills and get to see up to 1,000 people waiting to get in, they are the people who play on PC and tablet ... I think we should leave the android support for now until the server has more capacity. sorry for my English use google translator

TqR1GdZ.png

Guest YourMomGr
Considering we needed a client update to test some Pre-release hoenn stuff, android wasnt needed.

there is no point in compiling and releasing a half baked android port.

This is exactly what i meant about staff members consider amdroid players not equal to pc players and as you see this kind of attitude moves on to the pc playerbase as well. When you decide to port a game to a platform you have to deliver the same kind of service you do to the other platforms. It doesnt matter if that platform has 100,500 or 1000 players(idk how many players are on android maybe we could see that seeing how many downloads last android client had)so if your argument here is we made a new client cause we have to rush hoenn and we left a part of the community without game you already know it doesnt sound right.. And if your argument here is that there is no point for android to have their client half finished but it is better to have them wait 15 days to even play you can check the bug report of android players complaining.your valid argument about shane being the only one coding and suddenly leaving without releasing is valid but still doesnt answer to why shane is not doing simultaneously releases.if you guys stressed him to finish android before releasing both everyone would be happy

You do realize they could just not have an android client at all right? You all act like spoiled kids.

You need to show some patience and understanding, but you refuse to see past your selfishness.

This isn't a suggestion thread, just another one for people to complain.

QRD5EHd.png

there is no point in compiling and releasing a half baked android port.

This is exactly what i meant about staff members consider amdroid players not equal to pc players and as you see this kind of attitude moves on to the pc playerbase as well. When you decide to port a game to a platform you have to deliver the same kind of service you do to the other platforms. It doesnt matter if that platform has 100,500 or 1000 players(idk how many players are on android maybe we could see that seeing how many downloads last android client had)so if your argument here is we made a new client cause we have to rush hoenn and we left a part of the community without game you already know it doesnt sound right.. And if your argument here is that there is no point for android to have their client half finished but it is better to have them wait 15 days to even play you can check the bug report of android players complaining.your valid argument about shane being the only one coding and suddenly leaving without releasing is valid but still doesnt answer to why shane is not doing simultaneously releases.if you guys stressed him to finish android before releasing both everyone would be happy

This is the worst kind of person, someone who takes bits out of context, and then uses it for the basis of a counter argument. I literally said in the next sentence that we are working on improving android to make it more comparable to the PC version, something which takes time due to android not supporting unity asset files properly.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

157902 You do realize they could just not have an android client at all right? You all act like spoiled kids.

You need to show some patience and understanding, but you refuse to see past your selfishness.

This isn't a suggestion thread, just another one for people to complain.

This, exactly.

Jinga.gif

Inferno BlaZe Join Us!