Is there ANY reason why all ghost type pokemon are MS exclusive?

Pityanger

Hi community, long time pokemon player here (about 17 years), I've recently tried out this game because a friend absolutely wanted me to try it, so far I have 2 badges and everything is doing fine, the only thing that HORRIFIED me was when I checked some sites to find out where I could catch ghost type pokemons (the type of pokemons I like the most), and I saw that all of them were Premium Membership exclusive (aside from Haunter, who is extremely rare). Edit : My bad, apparently Ghastly is common too, still he's the only one if my eyesight hasn't worsen lately.

Is there any reason to this? I mean, I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 of them being exlusive, but the whole batch? I won't hide it : I find this plain stupid. Now the only 2 options left to me are either to buy them (I have no idea how much they are, even with bad IVs, I started this game 6 hours ago) or to become premium... Yeah, not a clever move if you ask me.

The only ghost type in kanto is gastly--haunter--gengar if my memory serves correctly, and the MS pokemon are "Early catch" pokemon. as you can get them later without membership I think***** but most of what I noticed that is MS only is way down the road, and you can normally pick that up for about 120k pokedollars, and if you do some good farming for good iv's on a gastly/evee or something like that, you can make a killing, like the first EVEE I caught netted me 500k that's enough for 3months of membership, try to remember there are other wise to aquire it. This is an MMO don't expect everything to be easy. This again is NOT the original games so I wouldn't compair them at all.

157473 Hi community, long time pokemon player here (about 17 years), I've recently tried out this game because a friend absolutely wanted me to try it, so far I have 2 badges and everything is doing fine, the only thing that HORRIFIED me was when I checked some sites to find out where I could catch ghost type pokemons (the type of pokemons I like the most), and I saw that all of them were Premium Membership exclusive (aside from Haunter, who is extremely rare). Edit : My bad, apparently Ghastly is common too, still he's the only one if my eyesight hasn't worsen lately.

Is there any reason to this? I mean, I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 of them being exlusive, but the whole batch? I won't hide it : I find this plain stupid. Now the only 2 options left to me are either to buy them (I have no idea how much they are, even with bad IVs, I started this game 6 hours ago) or to become premium... Yeah, not a clever move if you ask me.

It is very simple as MS pokemon is the early access pokemon, and you will still get these MS pokemon with non-ms after in the other region.

157481 Actually, all the ghost type pokemons that can't be found aside from the premium membership, that is to say Misdreavus, Litwick, Spiritomb, Duskull and Shuppet.

If you look all your pokemon list and you can see

Gastly, Haunter and Gengar is Gen 1 Kanto, that why it not MS pokemon

Misdreavus is not Ms pokemon indeed in Mt.silver after beat Johto E4

These others ghost pokemon in your list is around gen 3-6, which is on the other region as Hoen in original series. That the reason for it only MS pokemon for now. However, after more region open you will gain more access to it as non-ms pokemon

Given that we are in LIVE BETA the game is still under development. You can also expect to see more regions and content popping up from time to time!

157473 Now the only 2 options left to me are either to buy them (I have no idea how much they are, even with bad IVs, I started this game 6 hours ago) or to become premium... Yeah, not a clever move if you ask me.

When I first got membership my first thought was that I should have gotten it a lot earlier. Never going back :) To me it's more than worth it

pro_trainer_card_v3_1.png

Mmh I see what you mean, then again I have no idea how the prices work haha, I guess I can find some topics about that, but are you sure one can get these pokemons without membership later?

edit : alright, thanks Windypuff, so I believe these pokemons will become somewhat "free" as you'll be able to catch them later when new regions are released, is that right?

Asiril : It might be only my opinion but I don't feel like purchasing anything for a fan-made game, maybe if by a miracle it becomes official in the future (who knows, this game might grow big enough that gamefreaks will want to buy it) but atm meh.

157491 Mmh I see what you mean, then again I have no idea how the prices work haha, I guess I can find some topics about that, but are you sure one can get these pokemons without membership later?

edit : alright, thanks Windypuff, so I believe these pokemons will become somewhat "free" as you'll be able to catch them later when new regions are released, is that right?

Asiril : It might be only my opinion but I don't feel like purchasing anything for a fan-made game, maybe if by a miracle it becomes official in the future (who knows, this game might grow big enough that gamefreaks will want to buy it) but atm meh.

If you play long enough, you will see how to spawn MS and non-MS pokemon work. I will never promise anything as it belong to dev that can change overtime in the future, but at the moment it is right.

About last question, PRO is Free to Play, and actually you can get MS by money in game. In short, you not need to purchase anything in PRO, except money in game of course.

Lol, are you for real? Right, its a fan-made game. Is it such a big deal to help the guys and donate a bit? Its not like they need to spend their free time to make people like you happy. You demand all pokemons being able to catch for free members, but at the same time you don't want to support the developers? Stop asking questions and farm that 200k for a membership in-game. You will have +5$ in your wallet, congratulations sir.

On a serious note:

Jesus christ, i'm so happy there are still mature people around who are willing to monthly donate, just like me.

Add me in-game. As I hold an active subscription, I can catch these exclusive Pokemon and sell them to you at a very cheap (or free) price :Smile: .

Overall, there are only so many incentives a company can promote to promise itself a stable, financial future. In a game like this, your options seemingly become even more limited. So to limit certain Pokemon for Members, it ensures generous compensation. This however is not to say I fully agree with the choices that have been made, though.

(24) Badges / (12) OT Shiny / (0) Life