next move after chip away has + priority

I was using Jolteon with speed 324 against vigoroth in trainer valley and after I got hit with chip away, he used it again and attacked before me, it happened with another one used chip away then focus punch and it hit before me, was able to catch the second one and his speed is 133 with vital spirit ability.

:thanks: and good luck :Shy:

Kurushiimohamed

That sounds like a really strange problem, why would Chip Away of all things give priority to the next moves? Chip Away is supposed to only ignore opponent's Defense stat boost......

My guess is that it somehow makes the user ignore the opponent's entire stats instead, not just Defense but also unrelated things like SpDef and Speed, and it somehow continue even when the move used isn't Chip Away.

EDIT : tested it, and it seems the bug indeed happen, but since Vigoroth only used Focus Punch (which does have priority for the charging), I can't say for sure.

However, I do notice another bug : Focus Punch has no charging. It's supposed to charge first, then after we do a move, it uses Focus Punch on the same turn. Didn't Shane said the move was already fixed?

EDIT2 : tested it again by switching into Mew (which takes NVE damage from Focus Punch, to trigger the wild Vigoroth's AI into using another move), the Vigoroth didn't have priority when it used Chip Away again.

So right now, my theory is that it isn't Chip Away's problem, but rather, Focus Punch being the problem. Like I said, it's supposed to have priority, but only for the charging part. The actual attacking part, which does happen on the same turn, doesn't have priority.