Suggestion to make bike voucher cost more affordable for new players

Q25

Peace to all,

I would like to kindly request that the game master and developers consider making the bike voucher more affordable for new players.

The bike is arguably the most efficient and essential item for beginners, and it quickly becomes a high-priority goal for most. Typically, new players have around 20k Pokedollars when they reach the point where they need to buy the bike. Without enough funds, many end up sitting at the Vermilion PC, frequently asking other players for money. This often escalates to the point of begging, which is not an ideal situation for anyone.

Begging in the game not only creates discomfort for both the new players and those they are asking but also disrupts the overall gaming experience.

Many new players may not yet know how to complete quests or discover alternative ways to earn money, leaving them feeling as though they have no choice but to request help from others.

If I encountered a player begging for money randomly while they had a reasonable amount of game time and already owned a bike, I would ignore it without hesitation. However, when I see someone begging for a bike which is more of a necessity than a luxury I can't help but feel empathy.

To create a healthier and more enjoyable environment for all players, I suggest making the bike voucher more affordable or providing alternative methods for new players to obtain it more easily. This would alleviate the discomfort around Vermilion PC and help new players get a smoother start in the game.

Thank you for considering this suggestion in advance.

Peace

Edited by Q25
  • Like 3

Alhamdu Lillahi (s.w.t.) Rabbel A'lameen ☝️

23 minutes ago, Riyubas453 said:

Bike Voucher should be free 🚲 because they are untradeable.

Maybe, but there should be still some minimal effort to do. something like a small questline.

Just now, Aurous said:

Real.....someones begging all the time

And when you are in vermi, they trade with you outta nowhere

Put a pokemon and then be like...please 5k for this, 10k for this

It definitely affects the environment 

Strong +1

I completely overlooked that aspect, where players randomly trade and offer an completely insignificant Pokemon, attempting to sell it to you. ( like the street scammers in some cities xd )

When you're desperate, I suppose you'll try anything. The bike serves as a kind of dopamine for new players.

I believe if new players don't find a way to obtain a bike quickly, they might lose interest in the game.

The experience can feel quite demotivating without a bike, especially when you see others passing by with impressive mounts.

a black and white video game scene with a person standing in front of a door .

• Like 1

• Q25 changed the title to Suggestion to make bike voucher cost more affordable for new players

I love the idea since bike really help new player. Maybe can adjust the ticket price based on  jenny bounty available untill 4th gym. But 20k imo is very low and it not take any effort to reach that price. 45k without ditto, and 25k with ditto should be reasonable price. It will at least to have some effort from the player either to finished bounty jennie to buy full price bike or hunt ditto to get discount. Based on experience doing few time story, if i saving and doing jenny quest i can have around 40-50k upon reach the celadon city.

Since the 4th badge is the requirements to do trade, thats what most of my points is to make the newbie available to purchase the bike at least before 4th badge or between 4 to 5th badge. Or else as you said once they pass the 4th badge it will escalate to waiting in vermi pc and begging. At the end of the day only the players mentality that can change themselves, even with the help of developer or from some nice player but if their mentality keep on asking help without any effort no one can change it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torarudean said:

I love the idea since bike really help new player. Maybe can adjust the ticket price based on  jenny bounty available untill 4th gym. But 20k imo is very low and it not take any effort to reach that price. 45k without ditto, and 25k with ditto should be reasonable price. It will at least to have some effort from the player either to finished bounty jennie to buy full price bike or hunt ditto to get discount. Based on experience doing few time story, if i saving and doing jenny quest i can have around 40-50k upon reach the celadon city.

Since the 4th badge is the requirements to do trade, thats what most of my points is to make the newbie available to purchase the bike at least before 4th badge or between 4 to 5th badge. Or else as you said once they pass the 4th badge it will escalate to waiting in vermi pc and begging. At the end of the day only the players mentality that can change themselves, even with the help of developer or from some nice player but if their mentality keep on asking help without any effort no one can change it.

yeah but there should be very clear and direct indications that Officer Jenny is the key to obtaining the bike. Around 70% or more of new players are completely unaware of how to earn money through Officer Jenny. They often skip through messages, focusing mainly on catching Pokemon or battling, which is the core appeal of the game.

I experienced this myself, I was quite clueless about Officer Jenny when I first started. I remember struggling with a quest because the instructions weren't obvious enough as a new player who didn't touch Pokemon world for over a decade. Eventually, I gave up on it. I can't recall exactly how I got the money for my first bike, but as far I remember it was quite a struggle without asking anyone for help. What really stuck in my memory was finally being able to buy the bike and then being hit with the unexpected dilemma of choosing its color 😄

The bike is definitely a significant factor for new players. It can either motivate or demotivate someone. I agree that setting the price at 20k or maybe even 25k plus a Ditto would be reasonable for new players, but 40k seems quite high, especially since you earn so little money at the start.

Edited by Q25
  • Like 1

Thinking about this, I'd suggest:

1.- If you give the Ditto to the old man in Vermillion City, you can get the bike for free. A Ditto is pretty hard to find but not too hard.

2.- If you don't give the Ditto, pay 20 or 30k for the bike voucher.

I think it would be fair, tbh. +1

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

2 minutes ago, Bhimoso said:

Thinking about this, I'd suggest:

1.- If you give the Ditto to the old man in Vermillion City, you can get the bike for free. A Ditto is pretty hard to find but not too hard.

2.- If you don't give the Ditto, pay 20 or 30k for the bike voucher.

I think it would be fair, tbh. +1

I really like the idea, but I'm not sure if the Gamemaster or Developers would accept it, as it seems too easy to obtain just by catching a Ditto.

I believe the developers want players to invest some time and effort.

Acquiring a bike should feel like a side quest you complete along the way, rather than start of a new campaign.

However, I completely agree with you that it should require minimal effort.

• Like 1