Can a speed + HP build work?

Skedra

1. 1.

I wanted to find a Tentacool with calm nature and a lot of HP / defense so I could build a defensive entry hazard pokemon. However I found this instead:

speedtentacool.png

How would it fare with maxed speed and HP? Would it be better off with maxed speed and SPA? Or anything like 252 speed 125ish HP 125ish SPA?

Moved to proper section

MXXz2RI.gif?2

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum.

Unsolicited messages will be garbodored. Thanks. I still love you if you pm me

PS: all staff that copied my signature are all fanboys

ITS MY BIRTHDAY

I dont think speed on Tenta makes sense in PRO, in showdown it does cuz u outspeed some important pokemon, but here its wasted points. So if i was you, id keep looking.

Not sure who plays Tenta timid, since no one actually does in PRO cuz its wasted.

161407 Not sure who plays Tenta timid, since no one actually does.

Tanta is categorized as OU/Uber in B&W and mostly as UU in XY so he probably should work just fine.

I just did 1600 on showdown ladder in my 2 week PRO break and i saw 2 people running Tentacruel in OU in like 500 games, and showdown is NOT pro, here the speed is wasted as i said. :P

161410 I just did 1600 on showdown ladder in my 2 week PRO break and i saw 2 people running Tentacruel in OU in like 500 games, and showdown is NOT pro, here the speed is wasted as i said.

I just said what is played and how it IS played, on the other hand if HE wants to play it then let him do it, is his pokes. It might be "wasted" now but what will be in the future? a lot of pokes that will have wasted evs later on. (That's my guess).

Not that you're wrong on what you're saying because that's actually what is played now, bulky annoying teams with no line of thought in them, just the same 10-ish pokemon

161405 This is how it's built:

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge

Ability: Rain Dish

EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe

Timid Nature

- Rapid Spin

- Toxic

- Scald

- Protect

So my Tentacool happens to have the right IVs for that specific build?

Let's forget about what's popular and what isn't. Wouldn't a Tentacool with any nature that boosts defence work better?

Also, where would you recommend training for HP and Defence?

161405 This is how it's built:

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge

Ability: Rain Dish

EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe

Timid Nature

- Rapid Spin

- Toxic

- Scald

- Protect

So my Tentacool happens to have the right IVs for that specific build?

Let's forget about what's popular and what isn't. Wouldn't a Tentacool with any nature that boosts defence work better?

Also, where would you recommend training for HP and Defence?

It happens to have IVS & nature, hp in route 15 I believe, at night is the best, then there is mt moon or viridian forest for def.

Viridian forest has kakuna and metapods in certain grass areas.