Ideas on how to improve the game

Near94

Hello there.

I only started playing this game a week ago, but I'm already worrying about how PRO is going to PROgress in the future,

if there is a sufficient amount of active staff members working on the game right now and so on.

This game exceeded my expectations and I am really grateful to Shane and all those of you who enable

Pokemon fans around the world to get together and share this exciting experience with each other, you're the best! :y:

Anyways, I thought I'd take the couple of hours I have left till Overwatch gets released to share my opinion on how you guys

could improve this game and make it even more enjoyable, since it seems like at least 1 or 2 staff members read these things.

Suggestions

ordered by timetable & priority, difficulty rated from [1-3], [P] = already planned

Right now

- Enforce restrictions on trading while in Johto or Hoenn until 4th badge [1]

Similar to the requirement of having to beat the first 4 gym leaders in order to unlock trading in Kanto, this should also be the case for all other implemented regions. Only enable the trade of Pokémon Dollars or disable it completely. Players should get introduced to the new region, assemble their own, unique team, train and make use of their brains to win battles, not just lazily click their way through with the help of a random lvl 100 Pokémon they got no emotional connection with.

- Ensure that there's a decent amount of manpower dedicated to detect & ipban bot/glitch/hack users, optional: captcha [3]

While searching for PRO-related stuff online, you'll be at some point confronted with links to the newest bot versions. Although there seems to be a noticable amount of players that do run bots, fortunately glitches or even hacks are harder to come by... Pretty much every player that does not use illegal programs or glitches in order to gain an advantage ingame is interested in this, especially the part of your community that invests multiple hours every day and intends to stay & support the game for a long(er) time. Since I do not know how many people are working in that department right now, all I can do is plead that you'll take this topic seriously and may even consider opening up a poll on the forums on including captchas ingame.

- Search function for your storage [2/3]

- If you open your Pokédex in battle, it'll automatically give you information on the opposing Pokémon [1]

Just like in the anime, yay. There are many people like me, who'd like to know if the opposing Pokémon has lower Def or SpDef, their type, possible moveset or even weight (Mankey's Low Kick^^).

- Amount of exp needed no longer as dependent on stage of evolution [1]

I get that you want to be unique and all, but you should at least lower ("half"?) the difference of experience needed between evolutions to ensure that both can be viable: evolving asap / after learning important moves AND evolving with lvl 100. I do not want to be forced to play in an unintuitive way that gives me headaches instead of joy once my Pokémon are able to evolve.

- Reduce price of subway tickets, at least within a region [1]

Example: Kanto. The amount of time you save for using the subway system within this region isn't worth spending 2.5k over (also considering the costs to complete the quest: 75k if you don't own a bike yet + 50k + journey around the region + farm item), at least for casuals. It'd help to get to 1 or 2 PC's that can't be reached within seconds of riding&digging, but you won't go there often anyways, the quest is just a money sink at this point in time.

- Non-player trading option to meet certain evolution requirements [2]

Unlocked at some point, costs set amount of Pokémon Dollar per use. Example: Could be an unlockable option on your computer storage system once you've completed a small quest. Who needs friends or people one can trust? Technology, baby!

Once Hoenn is released

- 3rd server Yellow: just a selfish request, obviously dependent on player activity & resources available [3]

Once servers are stable

- Implement Auction Houses (with example) [3] [P]

Available once you've gained some reputation within the region -> 4th badge; must purchase membership card -> 2k Kanto, 5k Johto, 10k Hoenn

The 3 separately functioning Auction Houses are located in the main cities of each region (Celadon City, Goldenrod City, Mauville City).

Pokémon (sell 1 at a time, auction and/or instabuy); shows everything: shiny or regular, male or female, Ability, Nature, IVs/EVs, Moveset, OT)

Once you put your Pokémon up for auction (for 6/12/24/48 hours), you won't be able to withdraw your offer. If you want to make sure it sells for a set price, you should go with instabuy (always 24 hours, can be withdrawn).

Items (sell 1-100 at a time, instabuy only)

After the regions 4th badge you can put 1 pokemon or item up for sale (2 if MS)

After the 8th badge: 2 (3 if MS)

After the e4: 3 (4 if MS)

Taxes could be either 2% of price/starting offer or 5% of profit and will be paid by the seller.

If one has to pay $ up front in order to submit a Pokémon or item to the Auction House, it'd reduce the amount of useless offers.

On the other hand, keeping a set % of the sellers profit seems to be more adequate and the amount of products one can sell is already limited to 3/4 anyways.

- Optional: Day Care (with example) [3]

Day Care (Route 5, 34 & 117)

You can only leave one pokemon per institution -> max 3 & they will level up after 24 hours / get 4 EV (1 stat worth) after 1 hour.

Every level up / EV point will cost you accordingly:

Young Couple (Route 5)

1-10: 100$

11-20: 200$

21-30: 300$

31-40: 400$

41-50: 500$

Old Couple (Route 34)

51-60: 1k$

61-70: 2k$

71-80: 3k$

81-90: 4k$

91-100: 5k$

If you want to get your lvl 90 to lvl 100 = 50k$ / 10 days

from lvl 87 to lvl 100 = 62k$ / 13 days

and so on

Mr. X (Route 117)

1 EV: 100$

--> 50,8k$ / 127h (over 5 days) for 508 EV (all 127 statpoints)

Feel free to share your thoughts on the topics mentioned above!

Criticism (wrong information on X, Y already planned, ...) is welcome as well. :Crazy:

Auction house has been suggested multiple times. There's various threads in relation to it either.

+1 for the rest, nice ideas indeed. Keep it up! :y:

EDIT: PRO Blue has been added a few months ago, there won't be any other server soon I guess.

167526 Hello there.

- Enforce restrictions on trading while in Johto or Hoenn until 4th badge [1]

Similar to the requirement of having to beat the first 4 gym leaders in order to unlock trading in Kanto, this should also be the case for all other implemented regions. Only enable the trade of Pokémon Dollars or disable it completely. Players should get introduced to the new region, assemble their own, unique team, train and make use of their brains to win battles, not just lazily click their way through with the help of a random lvl 100 Pokémon they got no emotional connection with.

- Ensure that there's a decent amount of manpower dedicated to detect & ipban bot/glitch/hack users, optional: captcha [3]

While searching for PRO-related stuff online, you'll be at some point confronted with links to the newest bot versions. Although there seems to be a noticable amount of players that do run bots, fortunately glitches or even hacks are harder to come by... Pretty much every player that does not use illegal programs or glitches in order to gain an advantage ingame is interested in this, especially the part of your community that invests multiple hours every day and intends to stay & support the game for a long(er) time. Since I do not know how many people are working in that department right now, all I can do is plead that you'll take this topic seriously and may even consider opening up a poll on the forums on including captchas ingame.

- Search function for your storage [2/3]

- If you open your Pokédex in battle, it'll automatically give you information on the opposing Pokémon [1]

Just like in the anime, yay. There are many people like me, who'd like to know if the opposing Pokémon has lower Def or SpDef, their type, possible moveset or even weight (Mankey's Low Kick^^).

I get that you want to be unique and all, but you should at least lower ("half"?) the difference of experience needed between evolutions to ensure that both can be viable: evolving asap / after learning important moves AND evolving with lvl 100. I do not want to be forced to play in an unintuitive way that gives me headaches instead of joy once my Pokémon are able to evolve.

Example: Kanto. The amount of time you save for using the subway system within this region isn't worth spending 2.5k over (also considering the costs to complete the quest: 75k if you don't own a bike yet + 50k + journey around the region + farm item), at least for casuals. It'd help to get to 1 or 2 PC's that can't be reached within seconds of riding&digging, but you won't go there often anyways, the quest is just a money sink at this point in time.

Unlocked at some point, costs set amount of Pokémon Dollar per use. Example: Could be an unlockable option on your computer storage system once you've completed a small quest. Who needs friends or people one can trust? Technology, baby!

Once Hoenn is released

- 3rd server Yellow: just a selfish request, obviously dependent on player activity & resources available [3]

Once servers are stable

- Implement Auction Houses (with example) [3] [P]

Available once you've gained some reputation within the region -> 4th badge; must purchase membership card -> 2k Kanto, 5k Johto, 10k Hoenn

The 3 separately functioning Auction Houses are located in the main cities of each region (Celadon City, Goldenrod City, Mauville City).

Pokémon (sell 1 at a time, auction and/or instabuy); shows everything: shiny or regular, male or female, Ability, Nature, IVs/EVs, Moveset, OT)

Once you put your Pokémon up for auction (for 6/12/24/48 hours), you won't be able to withdraw your offer. If you want to make sure it sells for a set price, you should go with instabuy (always 24 hours, can be withdrawn).

Items (sell 1-100 at a time, instabuy only)

After the regions 4th badge you can put 1 pokemon or item up for sale (2 if MS)

After the 8th badge: 2 (3 if MS)

After the e4: 3 (4 if MS)

Taxes could be either 2% of price/starting offer or 5% of profit and will be paid by the seller.

If one has to pay $ up front in order to submit a Pokémon or item to the Auction House, it'd reduce the amount of useless offers.

On the other hand, keeping a set % of the sellers profit seems to be more adequate and the amount of products one can sell is already limited to 3/4 anyways.

- Optional: Day Care (with example) [3]

Day Care (Route 5, 34 & 117)

You can only leave one pokemon per institution -> max 3 & they will level up after 24 hours / get 4 EV (1 stat worth) after 1 hour.

Every level up / EV point will cost you accordingly:

Young Couple (Route 5)

1-10: 100$

11-20: 200$

21-30: 300$

31-40: 400$

41-50: 500$

Old Couple (Route 34)

51-60: 1k$

61-70: 2k$

71-80: 3k$

81-90: 4k$

91-100: 5k$

If you want to get your lvl 90 to lvl 100 = 50k$ / 10 days

from lvl 87 to lvl 100 = 62k$ / 13 days

and so on

Mr. X (Route 117)

1 EV: 100$

--> 50,8k$ / 127h (over 5 days) for 508 EV (all 127 statpoints)

1. If you don't want a OP pokemon in Johto, just don't trade. Anyway I think it is incoherent to have that possibility in Johto and not in Kanto: or in both regions or nowhere.

2. GM are here for that.

3. As you said, it is planned.

4. Nice idea, +1 (low priority btw).

5. Just don't evolve your pokemon: do it, as most of players do, and you'll don't have any problem about it.

6. As you said you started just a week ago. Money will come = the subway is not expensive at all, but if you don't wanna spent those money, just do as I do: walk. Btw this is a sinkhole stuff you must have, in some way, in an MMO game and considering I don't find it disturbing, I don't find as a necessity to reduce the cost of the ticket.

7. Not clear, be more precise.

8. Staff already said they don't have enough money to rent a new server atm, so this is impossible, even in the case of an invasion of players due to Hoenn implementation.

9. As you said, the auction house implementation is planned.

10. Daycare will never be implemented.

From 2015: I'm still here

1. If you don't want a OP pokemon in Johto, just don't trade. Anyway I think it is incoherent to have that possibility in Johto and not in Kanto: or in both regions or nowhere.

2. GM are here for that.

5. Just don't evolve your pokemon: do it, as most of players do, and you'll don't have any problem about it.

6. As you said you started just a week ago. Money will come = the subway is not expensive at all, but if you don't wanna spent those money, just do as I do: walk. Btw this is a sinkhole stuff you must have, in some way, in an MMO game and considering I don't find it disturbing, I don't find as a necessity to reduce the cost of the ticket.

8. Staff already said they don't have enough money to rent a new server atm, so this is impossible, even in the case of an invasion of players due to Hoenn implementation.

1. My suggestion is that you shouldn't be able to trade in any region you don't have 4 badges in. So it's basically just the no-trade rule being applied to Johto and Hoenn as well.

2. I hope so.

5. I know that is the only way to go if you want to be efficient (which is precisely the thing I don't like about it) and since they won't get rid of it completely, I commit myself to at least getting it reduced.

7. Instead of trading Pokemon that need to be traded in order to evolve with friends or guild mates, you can get them to evolve by getting on your computer inside a PokeCenter and paying a small transmission fee.

8. I know, I know... *sneeze*

2. GM are here for that.

1. My suggestion is that you shouldn't be able to trade in any region you don't have 4 badges in. So it's basically just the no-trade rule being applied to Johto and Hoenn as well.

2. I hope so.

5. I know that is the only way to go if you want to be efficient (which is precisely the thing I don't like about it) and since they won't get rid of it complitely, I commit myself to at least getting it reduced.

7. Instead of trading Pokemon that need to be traded in order to evolve with friends or guild mates, you can get them to evolve by getting on your computer inside a PokeCenter and paying a small transmission fee.

8. I know, I know... *sneeze*

Well, 7 maybe is ok for those who play alone and don't trust of anybody.

From 2015: I'm still here

thing is, the 4 badge trade rule is more so ppl cant quickly spam new account for shiny/best starter and some other early items. ppl wont bother making accounts for johto starters and whether they buy a lvl 100 poke at first badge or 4th badge really makes no difference.

if staff did not want ppl to buy early lvl 100's they could have implemented the "your poke is loafing around" system

"- Enforce restrictions on trading while in Johto or Hoenn until 4th badge [1]"

the point of this in kanto is to stop rmt alt accounts.

"- Ensure that there's a decent amount of manpower dedicated to detect & ipban bot/glitch/hack users, optional: captcha [3]"

I agree.

"- Search function for your storage [2/3]"

yeah but just being able to organize your pokebox like you can in gen3 would be good enough, and less effort.. (maybe)

"- If you open your Pokédex in battle, it'll automatically give you information on the opposing Pokémon [1] "seems worthless to me.

"- Amount of exp needed no longer as dependent on stage of evolution [1]"

alot of ppl seem to want this, but I like it how it is.

"- Reduce price of subway tickets, at least within a region [1]"

they wont do this, its a gold sink that all games need to fight inflation

"- Non-player trading option to meet certain evolution requirements"

yeah trade evolution shouldnt be in the game imo. But its not hard to find someone to do it with, and usally ppl wont try to steal your pokemon because theyll get banned.

167553 thing is, the 4 badge trade rule is more so ppl cant quickly spam new account for shiny/best starter and some other early items. ppl wont bother making accounts for johto starters and whether they buy a lvl 100 poke at first badge or 4th badge really makes no difference.

I also assume that's the main reason they implemented this feature. I still think it would greatly improve the game as I mentioned above and completely disagree with you. Even I might buy a trash lvl 100 once I get to Johto/Hoenn, although I wouldn't enjoy that at all... it's just because I'm too competitive and couldn't stand the fact that there's a much faster and easier way to get it done. That being said, I don't want to have to choose between not having fun or falling behind & I guess that a lot of people feel the same way about this.

"- If you open your Pokédex in battle, it'll automatically give you information on the opposing Pokémon [1] "seems worthless to me.

"- Non-player trading option to meet certain evolution requirements"

yeah trade evolution shouldnt be in the game imo. But its not hard to find someone to do it with, and usally ppl wont try to steal your pokemon because theyll get banned.

1. You monster.

2. I guess so. It's definitely not high-priority and something that will only be implemented if a scripter has nothing else to do.

167526 If you open your Pokédex in battle, it'll automatically give you information on the opposing Pokémon

You can do that already. You still need to manually search the Pokemon first in the Dex, though.

But yes, all the data for that Pokemon is available the moment you encounter the Pokemon for the first time.

Problem with changing the "exp required to level up" system, is that they also need to change the "exp received" system.

Under the current "exp received" system, you can get up to 100k exp from a single battle. With the same "exp require to level up" system as the official game, it would take only less than 20 battles to go from level 1 to 100.

So it depends on whether they think changing not just one, but two system, is feasible or not.

Or at least the price to go to Trainer Valley ._.

And non-player trading option might not be something they want to do. Pokemon is meant for playing with other players, not a completely solo game.