A numbers approach to the Spawn Rates problem

Skazord

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 to the op, you have my support. In 215 Hours played, 0 dratini/dragonair/dragonite.

well i got the same time played and found 3. i know thats still ridiculous low but 0 is pretty unlucky i guess :D

In 192hrs played, no dratini/dragonair/dragonite/bagon/larvitar. I guess I am more like a dragon-hate-me kind of thing.

I spent 10 hours hunting before finding a single Shroomish. 8 hours of hunting shinx on rt one before I said screw it. Those are MS pokes, pokes people are paying to encounter. Is 10 hours of walking back and fourth killing weedles worth the cost of encountering them? simply put, no. This issue goes beyond just the complete hindrance of competitive play. People are literally paying to grind things that are near impossible to find. Thats a problem.

I used to be GymLeaderGreen, VVVV Master Race 4 Lyfe

2YECJDc.png

I would say encounter rates should be increased just a very little. Say from 1% to 2%. Still rare as hell but not as rare as before.

Also buff Safari Zones encounter rates for rare Pokemon a little bit. No one likes to pay 50k and still not find a single rare safari zone pokemon.

If not, at least put Pokemon like Froakie or Totodile in other areas.

290pmq8.png

I spent 10 hours hunting before finding a single Shroomish. 8 hours of hunting shinx on rt one before I said screw it. Those are MS pokes, pokes people are paying to encounter. Is 10 hours of walking back and fourth killing weedles worth the cost of encountering them? simply put, no. This issue goes beyond just the complete hindrance of competitive play. People are literally paying to grind things that are near impossible to find. Thats a problem.

I found 3 Light Balls on wild Pikachu before I found a single Shroomish, it's ridiculous.

Start to find another game.This is not for you.

You still don't get it, do you?

There's nothing wrong with having rare pokemon. It's perfectly fine and should be encouraged.

On the other hand, there's a LOT of things wrong with certain pokemon being so rare, that even when they appear in areas that are farmed, there's still only 2 of them in the entire server.

It has nothing to due with wanting 6x31 IVs, or perfect pokemon, it's the fact that some pokemon are so rare, that people don't even WANT to try to find them, just because they're so goddamn rare. You have multiple reports of people spending over 5 or 6 hours looking for a species and never seeing even a single one. No one can possibly think that's fine, it's completely insane. I'm not even talking from a competitive standpoint anymore, it's completely INSANE for any normal user that just wants to do the story or fill the pokedex.

No, "this is an MMO" excuse doesn't work here. Stuff should be rare, but not rare to the point of being a myth.

And as a counterpoint to people wanting "easy" or "perfect" pokemon: There's tons of good competitive pokemon that are fairly common in the game, and there's no perfect one caught. There's some very good ones, but none of them are perfect, and they'll never be. These pokemon appear on some areas at over 40 or 50% chance, and no one has found a perfect one. Even at 1 or 5% chances, no one will ever find a perfect rare spawn. At 0.01%, most people won't ever find them to begin with.

I repeat myself .This game have better spawn rates than other pokemon online. If you still think about rates are a imposible, start to think this game is not for you.

So what? "It's not as bad as the others so don't complain"? How's that a good excuse? Is this some kind of "It could be worse"?

No. That's not a good excuse. It doesn't work like that. Just because others have it broken, it doesn't mean it has to be broken here. By saying "this game is not for you", I'm assuming you're fine with spending over 10 hours to find a single species, is that right? That's what I'll assume.

That's the most bullshit answer I've ever seen. There's already countless threads asking for this problem to be fixed. It is a real problem that needs attention. Saying "there's worse" or "this isn't for you" will NOT solve the problem. There are species that are nearly impossible to find. Some people will never even know that a certain specie was in that map, because they never even saw it. How is that alright? Because other games have it worse?

Honestly? Fuck off.

The game just started and all want 31 iv pokemons ... with perfect nature... wtf is wrong with u ? getting the real deal pokemons take time not 2 weeks.... Ive seen people who pay for hats and other useless clothes just to get pokemoney and then they spam chat because no one is selling real deal pokemons... OFc i will not sell my best pokemons until i get a better one (my strategy) ... game is too young for u to get a competitive team right now ..And if some abilities dont work..just let them time..and REPORT what dont work ..im sure this awesome staf will fix them when they can.. .

Actually im mad at this game just for 1 thing ...the subway sistem and that quest...so that brother is in kanto (half the game) Ty very much . At least make it free or cheaper for Start...i got 90.000 $ and played A LOT ... 2000 is a lot for me

Bullseye_SIGTEAM.png