A numbers approach to the Spawn Rates problem

Skazord

Mind if you note me several maps you deem critical? Thanks.

Kanto Safari is pretty bad with the "uncommon" spawns (Rhyhorn, Exeggcute, etc). I normally get around 2-3 Rhyhorns in a single run, but I feel like it isn't justified by the 5k entrance fee considering there's no good reliable way to make money yet (by reliable I mean not having to rely on other players by selling Pokemon. Grinding with PayDay or VS Seeker would be reliable)

well isnt the moneygain at the end of each battle a form of payday? grinding in dragons den is pretty reliable if u ask me :O

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mind if you note me several maps you deem critical? Thanks.

Kanto Safari is pretty bad with the "uncommon" spawns (Rhyhorn, Exeggcute, etc). I normally get around 2-3 Rhyhorns in a single run, but I feel like it isn't justified by the 5k entrance fee considering there's no good reliable way to make money yet (by reliable I mean not having to rely on other players by selling Pokemon. Grinding with PayDay or VS Seeker would be reliable)

well isnt the moneygain at the end of each battle a form of payday? grinding in dragons den is pretty reliable if u ask me :O

You can do a trainer battle run once every week and kills in DD give ~300 dollars each which is incredibly slow. Sure when I'm grinding a Pokemon to 100 I make ~200k, but then it all goes down the drain when I have to spend it on pokeballs and safari runs grinding for something else to train to 100. I get that they want to have money sinks in the game but when the money sinks are more expensive than the reliable ways to grind for money it becomes a problem.

748a8f5bb1.png

man this really needs an edit function <.< i cant really help but 2-3 sounds actually decent to me, i rather see starters, eevees etc as a problem tbh. i was looking for like 10 hours in total for a squirtle until i gave up and just bought one.

well the moneystuff i feel like deserves it own thread, i agree that there need to be moneysinks, but i feel like that EVERYTHING is a moneysink atm while there arent that many income opportunities besides grinding in dragons den as u already stated

Welp a Dratini with 31 atk ivs and 31 spd ivs with a good nature has been caught. About 2 weeks in and we already have this epic poke the rate seem fine to me lol if anything it should be rarer not lower the rate.

Proof of this claim?

Besides, that's 1 out of how many?

its naughty i saw it it has some nice ivs yeah so its legit but yeah as u stated 1 lucky catch isnt proof for anything, there could be now 2 years without one being ever caught again

Or there could be one in the next couple of weeks and then yeah you can stop crying. The fact that's the game are only out for 2 weeks and we have 1 mean that the rate of getting one aren't really that low. Also there are many dratinis being caught each day maybe one of them is usuable, but still in an MMO I'll consider that pretty high.

Or there could be one in the next couple of weeks and then yeah you can stop crying. The fact that's the game are only out for 2 weeks and we have 1 mean that the rate of getting one aren't really that low. Also there are many dratinis being caught each day maybe one of them is usuable, but still in an MMO I'll consider that pretty high.

That's the problem though. What if someone decides "Hey, I don't want to spend a ton of money on a 31/31 Dragonite, I'm going to hunt one for myself!" This poor player would be stuck grinding for the equivalent of the 2 weeks of accumulated game time of every player on the server just to find 1 Dratini with 31 attack and HP. Hell, you don't even need 31 attack, 25-31 is tolerable but it's still an insane grind. It's just not acceptable that in 2 week's time, only 1 good Dratini has been found on the entire server of >1000 users.

748a8f5bb1.png

That's the problem though. What if someone decides "Hey, I don't want to spend a ton of money on a 31/31 Dragonite, I'm going to hunt one for myself!" This poor player would be stuck grinding for the equivalent of the 2 weeks of accumulated game time of every player on the server just to find 1 Dratini with 31 attack and HP. Hell, you don't even need 31 attack, 25-31 is tolerable but it's still an insane grind. It's just not acceptable that in 2 week's time, only 1 good Dratini has been found on the entire server of >1000 users.

31-31 isnt a good dratini.Its a perfect dratini.About 25-31 in atk and spd probably there are more than 10?15?Counting dragonair too.

Dragonite_FSIGN.png

LOL You're playing an MMO, if you expect to find one for yourself, of course it gonna take forever, this is YOUR problem for choosing to catch one yourself. And also I said 2 weeks but in reality there are a bunch of people who just get to dragon dens for a couple of days , which is where most dratini being caught. There are many people with a good dratinis already just not a 31-31 PERFECT dratinis. It's an insane grind yes,(once again because it's an MMO) but hey if it not an insane grind this game will have 1000 of perfect dratinis in no time and then there's no point of hunting for good pokes anymore. RIP game

31-31 isnt a good dratini.Its a perfect dratini.About 25-31 in atk and spd probably there are more than 10?15?Counting dragonair too.

I personally wouldn't use a 0/31/0/0/0/31 Dragonite, but that's just me. Don't know how you can even think that's anywhere near "perfect", but alright.

And like it's been said before:

1) The first 31 atk/speed was a lucky strike. It happened 2 weeks after the server launched. When will the next happen? Tomorrow? Next month? Year? Who knows.

2) This was the first "perfect" (according to you) Dratini out of thousands of players that have grinding in Dragon's Den. If a normal player were to grind for a good one, he would need to waste the combined time of the thousands of players to get a good one. Doesn't seem fair to me.

3) Is there really a problem with multiple good pokemon existing? What's the problem here, really? Why are you so adamant against multiple players having access to good pokemon, even if they are rare? There's tons of things to grind for. A player's grind isn't done when they find a single good pokemon. Even if there were 50 great dratinis in the game right now, there's still another 500 players that want good ones. The supply will never be enough for everyone interested in them, due to the prevalence of Dragonite in the game (as a favorite and as a competitive powerhouse).

Face it, your argument is flawed from the start.

It's an insane grind yes,(once again because it's an MMO)

This is a really lame excuse, and I seriously am tired of it. Being an MMO doesn't mean everything has to be extremely rare that you never even see it in your lifetime.

If you want to press W and S and press "Run" for 10 hours a day to see 2 Dratinis (or anything as rare) a day, suit yourself, but in my opinion, this will only discourage people from playing and encourage people that want to play to find methods to bypass the grind (ie, scamming, botting, RMTing, etc), which, by the way, are all very common things in MMOs with lengthy grinds.

If the Dragonite doesn't have Multiscale it is worthless.

And 31 atk 31 speed is not perfect by any means. If I were to take the randomness of IV generation and the lack of breeding to ensure IVs into account, I would say a perfect Dragonite would be

31atk, 31 speed, 20-31 in every other stat, with an Adamant/Jolly nature AND Multiscale. This is ALMOST the bare minimum of usable Dratini. The odds of ever finding a Dratini like this is worse than finding a shiny if you consider the fact that, with a 100% encounter rate, 4 of them would be found in 24 hours between 33 people, and this math was done WITHOUT taking the 1/100 hidden ability chance into consideration, which makes it MUCH WORSE.

So please don't act as if one person winning the lottery means that we'll all start winning the lottery eventually and the spawn rates are okay, because they aren't. Otherwise I would be rolling in money IRL and I wouldn't be complaining about spawn rates on a Pokemon forum.