A numbers approach to the Spawn Rates problem

Skazord

I personally wouldn't use a 0/31/0/0/0/31 Dragonite, but that's just me. Don't know how you can even think that's anywhere near "perfect", but alright.

And like it's been said before:

1) The first 31 atk/speed was a lucky strike. It happened 2 weeks after the server launched. When will the next happen? Tomorrow? Next month? Year? Who knows.

2) This was the first "perfect" (according to you) Dratini out of thousands of players that have grinding in Dragon's Den. If a normal player were to grind for a good one, he would need to waste the combined time of the thousands of players to get a good one. Doesn't seem fair to me.

3) Is there really a problem with multiple good pokemon existing? What's the problem here, really? Why are you so adamant against multiple players having access to good pokemon, even if they are rare? There's tons of things to grind for. A player's grind isn't done when they find a single good pokemon. Even if there were 50 great dratinis in the game right now, there's still another 500 players that want good ones. The supply will never be enough for everyone interested in them, due to the prevalence of Dragonite in the game (as a favorite and as a competitive powerhouse).

Face it, your argument is flawed from the start.

You really think can be possible 0-31-0-0-0-31.

Im done with you.

You win.

Anything between 0 and 10 might as well be 0. Anything between 10-20 is very mediocre, even in non-wanted stats.

But good to know you have such great insight into how much IVs matter, if you actually believe the only thing that matters is one or two good stats. Can't wait to see those godly Dratinis everyone supposedly already has.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

read the main post, didnt bother with comments.

I believe its good the way it is. bagon/dratini/larvitar actually arent that hard to find, and spawn in common training areas. if u want to fix something fix the staryu/shelder/froakie spawns. But that too, not by much. If things become too easy this game will be dead in no time, and no one wants that.

mLcUOgl - Imgur.png

first of all forgive my english. i want to add my experience on the rates for example the marowak spawn in the b3f victory road..we all have to train there to be able to beat e4 and i understand it has to be rare...but ive spend 15+ or more hours leveling my team to 75/80 at that place and ive never seen not even 1 marowak...tried to hunt shinx on route 33/32 dont remember the exact route for non members 5 hours and nothing now im in johto and im tired of looking for pokes,im not a comp player i just wanted to fill my pokedex cuz im a completionist,i explore everything i love to hunt for items etc but this is just crazy im at the point where i see in my maps that i have 2 pokes missing with ??? and i just move on im not gona spend 10 hours just to complete my pokedex with those extremely hard to see pokes. just wanted to share my experience the server is the best ive seen though.

I think that the rates are to low atm but I don't want them to be ridiculously high. As it stands the rates are a tad bit 2 low but with some adjustments I think a middle ground can be found. Anyone saying find a new game is just being obnoxious, and people who think everyone want's all 31 iv pokes is misunderstanding the thread or just reading the title. I think it should take an active user 1-2 months 2 be able to build and find their own team, I think this is reasonable. As it stands it seems like it would take 1-2 months to find a single rare pokemon by yourself. Regardless this game is so new that people need to give them time and try and continue on with constructive criticism.

this isnt a hand held, this is an MMO. you are a product of variance deal with it.

damn dude u really came in here and dropped the mic

"Maybe love is just an economy based on resource scarcity,

but what I fail to see, is what that's got to do with you and me"

-Father John Misty

this isnt a hand held, this is an MMO. you are a product of variance deal with it.

Wow, you sure told all of us, it's like you read the entirety of the thread and decided to come up with this exciting new argument that no one tried before!

Except, not really.

Wow, you sure told all of us, it's like you read the entirety of the thread and decided to come up with this exciting new argument that no one tried before!

Except, not really.

Stop thinking short term. What I said isn't new and exciting, but neither is this "problem". People that don't want to work for something rare don't deserve it. People that don't want to work hard enough to get it, won't. This is true in many aspects of life. Contrary to whatever you believe some things need to be difficult. There needs to be a goal. I know, it is sad you dont everything you want instantly for no reason.