About Hoenn Pokémon Rarity

Zedivan

Since I started playing Hoenn, some Pokémon rarity felt kinda weird to me, I didn't care that much 'cause I was solo'ing everything with Mudkip, but now that I finished the region and started farming, rarity seems even weirder. So I searched for my old Pokémon Emerald saved file and used it to check some original spawns and rarity (I know PRO doesn't have to be the same as the original games, but I just took Emerald as a reference), and I'd like to talk about that here.

Electrike and Gulpin

First spawns I checked on my Emerald version (Route 110), I was getting one of these two in almost 1/3 encounters.

Meanwhile in PRO they're scarce and hard to be found. Electrike was the first Pokémon I tried to farm after finishing Hoenn, I thought it would be pretty easy 'cause I remembered about it being super common in Emerald. Gave up when I realized I had only 2 Electrike after more than 3 hours of farming.

Lotad

Lotad is one of the most common Hoenn Pokémon in Emerald, you can easily find tons of them on the first routes, but in PRO you can spend hours to get a single one.

Shroomish

Got 4 of them in a row when I was just walking through Petalburg Woods to get to Petalburg City. Just like Lotad, you might have to spend hours to get a single Shroomish in PRO.

Baltoy

Really easy to find in Emerald's Desert, while it's tier 4 rarity in PRO's Hoenn.

Wingull

Yes, even Wingull, on of the most common Hoenn Pokémon you can find almost everywhere (along with Poochyena and Zigzagoon) seems a bit rarer than it should be.

Ralts

I know, Ralts must be rare, but shouldn't it be slightly more common in Hoenn than in Love Island since it's his native region? Perhaps Scarce instead of Rare.

Aron

Getting loads of them in Emerald's Granite Cave, while it's extremely rare in PRO.

Pokémon I stated on the spoiler are just the ones that called my attention the most, but there are a lot more.

Some maps got so many Kanto Pokémon that it feels more like you're in Kanto than Hoenn (Like the desert with all those Geodude and Diglett, Route 110 full of Voltorb, etc).

I understand Pokémon like Bagon, Absol, Mawile, Skitty, Beldum, etc being rare 'cause they're actually rare. I also understand Axew, Riolu, etc. rarity 'cause Hoenn isn't even their region. But common Hoenn Pokémon like Electrike, Shroomish, Lotad etc. being rare and scarce on their native region... idk it's weird.

Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining or anything, I loved PRO's Hoenn and think staff did a great job with it. I'm just giving my opinion.

If you check this link https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23461 you'll see that most Hoenn Pokémon (from 252 to 374) are on tier 3-4 rarity. (Except Zigzagoon, that thing is everyhwere :D) I think many of them should be nerfed in order to make Hoenn feel more like.... Hoenn lol.

That's all I had to say, I'd like to know other's opinion about this.

Well, by no means do I feel Hoenn was rushed. Yet, I am sure there was some content transferred over from other regions to some extent that we would see in Hoenn whether it's the game mechanics, mapping areas, etc. I feel like with the regions prior, you gradually do find better, more worth-catching team members. However, I do agree that it does feel quite the same with the encounters. Which, does not really bother me too much either.

:y: Neat thread.

(24) Badges / (12) OT Shiny / (0) Life

Depends where you hunt. If you have any viable suggestions feel free to post them under Bugs>Everything about spawns and I will have a look when I get time. Note that spawning a region is not easy thing to do plus you have a rarity and exclusivity to preserve. Then again its all about luck. I was in Petalburg woods and I found 4 Shroomish in 10 minutes which is the most viable pokemon around those areas. I also setup decoy psyduck on 104 so you can absorb train your Shroomish to level 10/12 which is enough for a first gym. System works pretty much that way. Some Pokemon will simply be rare, let alone good stated ones.

Anyway, I've made Electrike rare on Route 110 and wingull is Common btw. On another hand Electrike on route 118 is Sparse. See PRO rarity under guides.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

187512 Depends where you hunt. If you have any viable suggestions feel free to post them under Bugs>Everything about spawns and I will have a look when I get time. Note that spawning a region is not easy thing to do plus you have a rarity and exclusivity to preserve. Then again its all about luck. I was in Petalburg woods and I found 4 Shroomish in 10 minutes which is the most viable pokemon around those areas. I also setup decoy psyduck on 104 so you can absorb train your Shroomish to level 10/12 which is enough for a first gym. System works pretty much that way. Some Pokemon will simply be rare, let alone good stated ones.

Anyway, I've made Electrike rare on Route 110 and wingull is Common btw. On another hand Electrike on route 118 is Sparse. See PRO rarity under guides.

all pokemons from hoenn region are hard to find in PRO...only zigzagoon, poochyena anda wingull are easy of rest are all insanely rare...this not make sense and arruined economy from game....in game originals are all "easy"...

kanto is a exemple a trash dragonite is super hard, one trash dragonite mutiscale price minum 500k.... trash cloyster minum 200k... this arruined economy from game...and not make sense

187512 I was in Petalburg woods and I found 4 Shroomish in 10 minutes which is the most viable pokemon around those areas.

I don't know if staff have some kind of "spawn privilege", but serious 4 shroomish in 10 min, I spent 1 hour to find a single one (maybe I'm unlucky but this is a little too much), I know some pokemons even natives from hoenn should be rare extremaly-rare, but like my fellow said in the begin there are many pokemons that the spawn rate should be changed for something more "easy".

I know that the staff was focused in the hoenn release and is impossible to do all from once , but when you guys have some time I really appreciate that the staff take a look at it.

Bringing up some datas,

I've been searching for Aron on Victoria road Hoenn B2F for 5H now. Only found 1.

It takes approximatly 10s to find a poke. So in 5H i encountered around 1800 pokes and only found 1 Aron, i think thats insanely rare.