Raised the price of Excavation Sites?

Jakeyyboy

I would have been okay with the increase in price if it were reasonable. If it went up by 1k and the two spots that were 10k were 5k, I would've been pretty alright with that. However, 40k a day for mostly items and very common Pokemon? That's a joke lol. Also, another suggestion I have is just make common items keep spawning the way they do, evolutionary stones and everything in that category could be a bit higher in rarity, then things like fossils/rare candies would be rare and could be in higher discovery, not at the very beginning lol. The decrease in Pokemon is what I'm furious in. Like I've stated, paying 40k a day for items I can buy for a lot less is not reasonable in the slightest.

yes man, that's a joke :p

189293 Good work coders, scripters and Shane for making everyone excited not to touch your money sink content once again.

ahhh!! you just touch them! you touch the joke man!

EDIT: Not to mention the permit is 100k. That's late-game content, correct? Why is it so high for all the sites in ONE DAY be just about half of the permit itself? Does that make sense to you, because surely it doesn't to almost all the players.. You're right. The rare will remain rare, because 90% of people who did them will no longer do the Excavation sites. So good work. You got your wish.

oh i've never been so wrong, so you are on the 10% people side now?

I wouldn't be disappointed if it were a reasonable price. If it was maybe 2.5k or 3k for the four sites and 5k for the Fiery and Desert site, I would've been 100% okay with it. The price, as of right now, is just too much.

Its too much but you still enjoying it everyday right? :))

191180 I'm not saying you're not right, but the whole point of content, again, is to do it. Why put something in when it's going to be wasted for nothing? I was surprised too when it was 1k for when some players were getting some pretty cool stuff, however like I said, it was swept out from under us. No announcement in game, or on the forum. It wasn't even mentioned in the patch notes, so it seemed like they tried to hide it, which they did. That's shady. You can't just make a drastic change w/o telling the community about it. It just isn't right even if things are subject to change. I would have been fine if it were a bit of in an increase but 5k - 10k is a lot to some players especially when it equals up to 40k a day. Sure, it pays for itself in time. But for the time it doesn't? Until you reach 1k~ish discoveries, you don't really get much of anything. You're spending 200k-320k a week for nothing essentially, for items you could buy normally that aren't that price.

Are you that dumb? you said yourself "Why put something in when it's going to be wasted for nothing?" and yet you still doing it?

That's a real good one considering I never said I wouldn't do them. I'm vouching for the people who have little and cannot participate in such because of such a high income at the beginning with little to no reward, even if it gets better because there is nothing to vouch for. Good work for making yourself look silly.

Oh yeah! you have never said that you wouldn't do them 'directly'.

But, you cry so much and yet still doing it right? what are you then? a cry-baby?

In that case, i want to say sorry. I feel so silly to debate a baby.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have been okay with the increase in price if it were reasonable. If it went up by 1k and the two spots that were 10k were 5k, I would've been pretty alright with that. However, 40k a day for mostly items and very common Pokemon? That's a joke lol. Also, another suggestion I have is just make common items keep spawning the way they do, evolutionary stones and everything in that category could be a bit higher in rarity, then things like fossils/rare candies would be rare and could be in higher discovery, not at the very beginning lol. The decrease in Pokemon is what I'm furious in. Like I've stated, paying 40k a day for items I can buy for a lot less is not reasonable in the slightest.

189293 Good work coders, scripters and Shane for making everyone excited not to touch your money sink content once again.

EDIT: Not to mention the permit is 100k. That's late-game content, correct? Why is it so high for all the sites in ONE DAY be just about half of the permit itself? Does that make sense to you, because surely it doesn't to almost all the players.. You're right. The rare will remain rare, because 90% of people who did them will no longer do the Excavation sites. So good work. You got your wish.

I wouldn't be disappointed if it were a reasonable price. If it was maybe 2.5k or 3k for the four sites and 5k for the Fiery and Desert site, I would've been 100% okay with it. The price, as of right now, is just too much.

191180 I'm not saying you're not right, but the whole point of content, again, is to do it. Why put something in when it's going to be wasted for nothing? I was surprised too when it was 1k for when some players were getting some pretty cool stuff, however like I said, it was swept out from under us. No announcement in game, or on the forum. It wasn't even mentioned in the patch notes, so it seemed like they tried to hide it, which they did. That's shady. You can't just make a drastic change w/o telling the community about it. It just isn't right even if things are subject to change. I would have been fine if it were a bit of in an increase but 5k - 10k is a lot to some players especially when it equals up to 40k a day. Sure, it pays for itself in time. But for the time it doesn't? Until you reach 1k~ish discoveries, you don't really get much of anything. You're spending 200k-320k a week for nothing essentially, for items you could buy normally that aren't that price.

Are you that dumb? you said yourself "Why put something in when it's going to be wasted for nothing?" and yet you still doing it?

That's a real good one considering I never said I wouldn't do them. I'm vouching for the people who have little and cannot participate in such because of such a high income at the beginning with little to no reward, even if it gets better because there is nothing to vouch for. Good work for making yourself look silly.

But, you cry so much and yet still doing it right? what are you then? a cry-baby?

What do you dislike more Futz. Ignorant people or stubborn people?

Brad.gif

What do you dislike more Futz. Ignorant people or stubborn people?

Again, missed the point big boy. I never said I wasn't going to do them. I'm defending the newer players and the moderately less newer players. Content is meant to be done. Every bit of content on PRO involves Pokemon and a lot less money, until now. Just as it should be. This one involves more sinkage of money, which they could've used for other purposes considering, like I've said and still yet to be proven wrong, is mostly ultra/great balls, fresh waters, and vitamins. What is statistically wrong about what I've said? They don't want to drain money into something that they can't afford. If they miss days, they'll make more money eventually, sure. But that's not the point of even buying the permit in the first place. They shouldn't have put in such a great deal of money for such little rewards at the beginning. That was the argument beforehand and before they even bothered changing the spawns a bit more, all of which were mostly items. If you want to correct my math, I usually got 3-4 Pokemon per site, smashed rocks/pokemon, and about 10-15 different items. It's like there's a huge difference, isn't there! Maybe 1-2 of those items are sellable in a total of 4 sites, which have gone down in price. (The price of RC on Red is 12k from what I've normally seen btw, might just be the time of day). Read b4 you talk pls. Nice witch hunt btw. I bring up a topic and get called a baby because literally the first half of the posts were "oh i'm discouraged so I'm not going to do them anymore."

EDIT: Also check the dates on those posts btw. At least 2-3 days ago when they were like that ;). Pay attention.

191670 Again, missed the point big boy. I never said I wasn't going to do them. I'm defending the newer players and the moderately less newer players. Content is meant to be done. Every bit of content on PRO involves Pokemon and a lot less money, until now. Just as it should be. This one involves more sinkage of money, which they could've used for other purposes considering, like I've said and still yet to be proven wrong, is mostly ultra/great balls, fresh waters, and vitamins. What is statistically wrong about what I've said? They don't want to drain money into something that they can't afford. If they miss days, they'll make more money eventually, sure. But that's not the point of even buying the permit in the first place. They shouldn't have put in such a great deal of money for such little rewards at the beginning. That was the argument beforehand and before they even bothered changing the spawns a bit more, all of which were mostly items. If you want to correct my math, I usually got 3-4 Pokemon per site, smashed rocks/pokemon, and about 10-15 different items. It's like there's a huge difference, isn't there! Maybe 1-2 of those items are sellable in a total of 4 sites, which have gone down in price. (The price of RC on Red is 12k from what I've normally seen btw, might just be the time of day). Read b4 you talk pls. Nice witch hunt btw. I bring up a topic and get called a baby because literally the first half of the posts were "oh i'm discouraged so I'm not going to do them anymore."

EDIT: Also check the dates on those posts btw. At least 2-3 days ago when they were like that ;). Pay attention.

O1Go25t.png

I have only started doing excavation sites 2 days ago. This is the 6 sites done two times each. 13x12k = 156k. 156k - 80k = 76k. So I am making 76k profit only on these rare candies. Hmmm these sites sure are terrible aren't they guys? Such a waste of money. You don't get anything back in return at all. How dare the staff team make these sites fair for end game players.

Brad.gif

Again, missed the point big boy. I never said I wasn't going to do them. I'm defending the newer players and the moderately less newer players. Content is meant to be done. Every bit of content on PRO involves Pokemon and a lot less money, until now. Just as it should be. This one involves more sinkage of money, which they could've used for other purposes considering, like I've said and still yet to be proven wrong, is mostly ultra/great balls, fresh waters, and vitamins. What is statistically wrong about what I've said? They don't want to drain money into something that they can't afford. If they miss days, they'll make more money eventually, sure. But that's not the point of even buying the permit in the first place. They shouldn't have put in such a great deal of money for such little rewards at the beginning. That was the argument beforehand and before they even bothered changing the spawns a bit more, all of which were mostly items. If you want to correct my math, I usually got 3-4 Pokemon per site, smashed rocks/pokemon, and about 10-15 different items. It's like there's a huge difference, isn't there! Maybe 1-2 of those items are sellable in a total of 4 sites, which have gone down in price. (The price of RC on Red is 12k from what I've normally seen btw, might just be the time of day). Read b4 you talk pls. Nice witch hunt btw. I bring up a topic and get called a baby because literally the first half of the posts were "oh i'm discouraged so I'm not going to do them anymore."

Boy.. you just made an excuse after another,

you don't speak for other people, you just speak for yourself. People aren't stupid like you, they can see that it's worth the cost.

There are a lot of people already explaining why it's worth, and you are the only one who still oppose the idea here.

And for the record even the poorest people in the game, I am pretty sure they have some savings when they reach hoenn, or at least they know how to grind the money to start the quest (since they don't seems have trouble getting 200k for dragon membership).

And i'd like to re-quote this:

191230 I thought Jakeyyboy against the discovery site idea, since he even said "Why put something in when it's going to be wasted for nothing?" in previous reply.

yet, i saw him in this post https://www.pokemonrevolution.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=31567&start=150 which mean he still do the discovery thing.

vu8kmi0.png

I don't really know about this discovery thing since im new in hoenn, but it is funny when see someone who really oppose an idea and yet still doing it.

which is just happen yesterday, and you still dare make another excuse?

shame on you boy

You'll think that from a board where all people have their ideas welcomed with a small amount of criticism each user. Though it seems from this topic, it becoming more of a petty back and forth between everyone in here with name calling and insults.

I'll just lock this in the meantime. Hopefully an admin or a user from our Content Staff will address this.

-Edit-

Wow, even thought this was the Suggestion Board. Though from the General Talk Board, people get criticized for speaking their mind. Well that's new.