List of Pokemon not to be used in ranked battle

Red

I really don't get all the fuss about gothitelle...

1. Tiers are made for pokemon showdown, a competitive environment where the one and only problem is "what to pick" and "what am i allowed to pick to compete at the same level with my opponent". In PRO the eventual "Ubers" would be really different and should include the "unobtainable" pokemon to everyone (see staff pokemon, banned indeed). So complaining about "gothitelle shadow tag is uber, pls copy showdown and ban" makes really no sense.

2. You're making it seem impossible to counter with all those "unhealthy" "gamebreaking" and so on out of context adjectives. It's not unbalanced at all, there are TONS of counters to it, unlike many other pokemon, perhaps you just didn't bother to bring them in your team when you faced one (because unexpected). Guess what, even a ferrothorn can ruin your team if you don't have fire coverage, what's the difference? Something you didn't came prepared for, that has counter and counter stuff... unhealthy? please.

Bring u-turn / volt switch / baton pass on your special attacker (see magnezone) to counter shadow tag, dark physical coverage, heavy physical dmg, gothitelle is done for, has way more counters than the most used ability in the game, regenerator.

And guess what, all this fuss because shadow tag counters that...

3. Banning an obtainable extremely rare (h.a. as well) pokemon who is working as intended is really dangerous for a MMO environment, PRO isn't showdown where you can get shadow tag gothitelle just by selecting it, there are people who actually spent weeks farming for that h.a. extremely rare, and whoever tried that feeling (hi prankster sableye) knows how much of a pain that is. People saying "ban gothitelle shadowtag" aren't that much different from the guy who said "ban talonflame galewings", there are just as many counters to it, difference being if you don't expect the pokemon (like you do with talonflame) you might be careless with switch ins/outs without having scouted properly the enemy team before, get trapped when you scald with your slowbro and lose your regenerator.

4. Wall breaking. Another major problem in the current PvP state, the lack of items like life orb and specs make wall breaking extremely hard. When life orb comes people will get more used to their "walls" being destroyed and maybe realize that a strategy that relies 99% on switching between walls isn't that good anymore. Shadowtag gothitelle does the same, wall breaking, people in PRO aren't just used to get their walls countered...

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

202240 I really don't get all the fuss about gothitelle...

1. Tiers are made for pokemon showdown, a competitive environment where the one and only problem is "what to pick" and "what am i allowed to pick to compete at the same level with my opponent". In PRO the eventual "Ubers" would be really different and should include the "unobtainable" pokemon to everyone (see staff pokemon, banned indeed). So complaining about "gothitelle shadow tag is uber, pls copy showdown and ban" makes really no sense.

2. You're making it seem impossible to counter with all those "unhealthy" "gamebreaking" and so on out of context adjectives. It's not unbalanced at all, there are TONS of counters to it, unlike many other pokemon, perhaps you just didn't bother to bring them in your team when you faced one (because unexpected). Guess what, even a ferrothorn can ruin your team if you don't have fire coverage, what's the difference? Something you didn't came prepared for, that has counter and counter stuff... unhealthy? please.

Bring u-turn / volt switch / baton pass on your special attacker (see magnezone) to counter shadow tag, dark physical coverage, heavy physical dmg, gothitelle is done for, has way more counters than the most used ability in the game, regenerator.

3. Banning an obtainable extremely rare (h.a. as well) pokemon who is working as intended is really dangerous for a MMO environment, PRO isn't showdown where you can get shadow tag gothitelle just by selecting it, there are people who actually spent weeks farming for that h.a. extremely rare, and whoever tried that feeling (hi prankster sableye) knows how much of a pain that is. People saying "ban gothitelle shadowtag" aren't that much different from the guy who said "ban talonflame galewings", there are just as many counters to it, difference being if you don't expect the pokemon (like you do with talonflame) you might be careless with switch ins/outs without having scouted properly the enemy team before, get trapped when you scald with your slowbro and lose your regenerator.

4. Wall breaking. Another major problem in the current PvP state, the lack of items like life orb and specs make wall breaking extremely hard. When life orb comes people will get more used to their "walls" being destroyed and maybe realize that a strategy that relies 99% on switching between walls isn't that good anymore. Shadowtag gothitelle does the same, wall breaking, people in PRO aren't just used to get their walls countered...

+1 :y:

i kinda agree with u and kinda not aggree with u ,

pro is very different from other pokemon games, there are still many items, abilities, moves uncoded

so it just doesn't need to follow the rules of smogan

and of course i say banning gales talonflame, why not ban it ??

every pokemon has its counter, of course talon flame has it's counter

u may think it's easy to deal with talonflame, just prepare stealth rock, rock type pokemons

yes those are all it's counter choice.

but the point is that if ur enemy switch talonflame on, the only pokemon u can choose to switch on is bulky one

u will never want to switch other offensive pokemons on, cuz there is no focus sash and u know u would always get one-shot by brave bird

even worse when talonflame has used sword dance, ur bulky pokemons stand a chance to be 2hko by talonflame

after one sword dance it can one-shot my azumarill with 400 hp

and if i don't bring on bulky pokemon that can one-shot talon flame, it can still use roost to heal itself

and kill my bulky pokemon

if talonflame is that easy to counter, then there will not be so many talonflames in pvp

as i say pro is very different from other pokemon games

have u ever seen so many talonflames in pvp in other pokemon games ???

it's so ridiculous that people saying don't ban talonflame just because they got an epic talon in their team

and not banning gothita just because they got a gothita in their team.

Its like u put the words out of my head and wrote them down. :Heart:

+1!

it's so ridiculous that people saying don't ban talonflame just because they got an epic talon in their team

Like its ridiculous to claim a ban of any pokemon cause u dont put the effort and TIME in catching a talonflame gw or h.a. extremely rare like gothita or sableeye, or skrelp etc. So if u put the effort and money into headbutting, some ppl might thing those earned to got this poke and use it for them. Its not like with legendaries (suicune), which arent able to get on your own.

+1!

Like its ridiculous to claim a ban of any pokemon cause u dont put the effort and TIME in catching a talonflame gw or h.a. extremely rare like gothita or sableeye, or skrelp etc. So if u put the effort and money into headbutting, some ppl might thing those earned to got this poke and use it for them. Its not like with legendaries (suicune), which arent able to get on your own.

talonfalme is not like other ms-pokemons that we can farm easily

i spent two weeks and no h.a one

the only way to get one is pay tons of money to buy one

it's ridiculous

+1!

it's ridiculous

Cry on 1 post only bro :Frown:

+1!

it's ridiculous

Cry on 1 post only bro :Frown:

don't cry kido, go find ur mom :Angel:

Respect other peoples opinion, if you can't, don't reply.

Spamming the topics won't get you to banning Talonflame, you have put forward your opinion, we disagree, end of. You don't need to spam every PvP related topic with same thing @Bigdanny

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.